Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

11 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Yip basically, I’m sure I had saw on here:

1 The club was waiting to buy additional

space from EON/The power substation.

2 The club was waiting for the training ground to be completed before focusing fully on the expansion.

Yeah that was probably me just speculating wildly.

I'll happily take the credit if it turns out to be true tho.

2 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

So you're (mostly) all taking the mick out of me. Fine.

You say we can fill 40000+ most weeks. I say we won't.

End of debate then.

Mate, a few are being sarcastic with comments but the majority are trying to discuss with you and explain what they think you've missed. 

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For example Newcastle had 52k in today. 

They had 36k for a Third Round tie against Blackburn. 

Season before that they had 47k for a game against Luton which included 7k away support

they might have sold 52000, but they certainly didn’t have 52000 turn up

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I can understand why there’s so many seats for Wigan, but genuinely stunned there’s so many still available for the semi-final.

Maybe just me, but didn’t think it would make general sale, never mind have so many left across the ground.

Now that is an odd one, Wigan is understandable but why are there so many left for a semi-final? 

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Mate, a few are being sarcastic with comments but the majority are trying to discuss with you and explain what they think you've missed

Being as the stadium expansion hasn't been built yet, the size of it yet to be established, if it indeed happens, this is a debate of opinion only.

No facts can be quoted against my point and therefore its purely opinion only, either way.

I stand by my view, the club aren't big enough to fill 40000+ weekly. Its not a fact I'm wrong, or a fact I'm right.

What I do know is its taken 2 weeks to sell 23000 tickets for a Saturday cup match and its whilst we're probably the best team we've been in 60+ years, if not ever.  So yes, this is an game indicator for me.

Several ST holders, despite this, have said on this post the game doesn't matter enough to them to go.  OK, that's fine, but if it doesn't matter to them when were 2nd in the Prem (For £10 a ticket) would they go if we were mid-table...........?

100% no then.

• Haha 1

Currently, I don't think we would see a massive increase, perhaps gates of 33k to 35k for most league games, with the bigger games attracting around 40k. However, I do feel there is an opportunity to plan for the future. If I take my 11 year old son's junior football team as an example, they have 30 players signed on, 25 of which support leicester, when I was his age less than half the team supported city, the remainder following Liverpool and man u. I think in 10 to 15 years we could see gates averaging closer to 40k if we can stay in the premier league. Hopefully, this new generation of city fans can then pass it on to their kids and so on?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Why do we need to fill it most weeks though?  We have a complete obsession in England about having empty seats.

Given how much money we're making and the ambition of the owners to turn us into a 'big club', I'd say a larger stadium is a necessity, it certainly would influence future (and current) players.

There's demand for 40,000 for the bigger games, but there's also fans who can't get tickets for the less glamourous ties, this will allow them to see Leicester and helps build the support base for the future.

And importantly it also allows more corporate facilities which are essential for generating matchday income and paying for the expansion.

It also increases the chances of friends who don't all go every week of sitting together something that I believe will improve the atmosphere, ideally you need a large section of unreserved seating but I doubt that will ever come back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bilo said:

A big point is being missed here, and that's how difficult it is for fans who don't already have season tickets or membership to get tickets. This impedes the club's growth in the most successful period in our history, a period that coincides with pretty much all of our local rivals being utter pony. 

The club could easily start to build the local fanbase out towards Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire but tickets are like gold dust.

An extra 10,000 seats would facilitate growth both within the city, as kids grow up seeing a quality Premier League side playing within a short bus ride, and expand the catchment area as Forest, Derby et al continue to struggle to get anywhere near us. 

Absolutely spot on!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

What I do know is its taken 2 weeks to sell 23000 tickets for a Saturday cup match and its whilst we're probably the best team we've been in 60+ years, if not ever.  So yes, this is an game indicator for me.

Several ST holders, despite this, have said on this post the game doesn't matter enough to them to go.  OK, that's fine, but if it doesn't matter to them when were 2nd in the Prem (For £10 a ticket) would they go if we were mid-table...........?

100% no then.

It's taken 2 weeks to sell a 3rd round game against a bottom of the table Championship team. 5 days before a huge semi final for us. This game shouldn't be an indicator.  If we were consistently with empty seats in home league games then your point would carry more weight. But we Don't, we sell out or are packed on every game. 

I'd rather save my £10/15 for Wigan and spend it on Villa at home/away. This applies irrelevant of our league position tbh, I'd rather save money for an away day than spend on a first few rounds of a cup game at home. 

Would be interesting to see the number going who don't usually attend. 

Maybe there’s a few people who are keeping their money when payday is 5-6wks apart and there is a good possibility of a cup final next month which will no doubt not be a cheap day out. On that basis, I wouldn’t go off Wigan at home as a baseline for whether we can fill a 40,000 stadium. If we are achieving regular top six finishes there is absolutely no reason 40,000 isn’t achievable with possibility to expand if demand is there

Also from an East Midlands perspective, we have a slightly smaller stadium than Derby and Forest are planning to increase their capacity to 35,000 and then to 38,000. I want us to have the biggest stadium in the local area and the best facilities to match. Screw Forest, who have done bugger all the past 2 decades, having a bugger stadium than us.  I want us to be the envy of the East Midlands for as long as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Forgot to add section P also not even on sale yet.

So that's P, L1, K1 not even released yet for sale, after 2 weeks at a cost of £10/15 a ticket.

I'm sorry if we could fill 42000 every week, surely we could sell more than 23000 at home in cup?  Considering we're bloody good at the moment as well.......

image.png.004ad470d132a30daeb2282950e13ab5.png

You just don’t get it do you. Its a third round fa cup against bottom of the championship in an already congested fixture timeline. 23000 is actually good! It will probably be closer to 27000 by game night. Stadium expansion is a must! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Given we struggled to sell out the knockout ties the other year I'd say about 32,500.

We were dog shit in the league for ages and the away goal saw them get snapped up quite quickly