Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Why do LEICESTER tigers draw fans away? I don’t believe they do. They don’t play home games on the same day for example.... 

I know the football crowd has changed somewhat over the last couple of decades,but have you ever been to Leicester station half an hour after a Tigers game? I often wonder where on earth a good proportion of their 15/20000 (much posher)average following come from,and where they actually live.In the main it’s a very different crowd.

22 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I know the football crowd has changed somewhat over the last couple of decades,but have you ever been to Leicester station half an hour after a Tigers game? I often wonder where on earth a good proportion of their 15/20000 (much posher)average following come from,and where they actually live.In the main it’s a very different crowd.

I visit the odd tigers game each season. Maybe one or two. It is a very different crowd you’re right but I don’t see what this has to do with being able to attend city matches? Or how us having a big rugby club in the city would impact on a football stadium expansion? 

tigers rarely get 20k in the doors nowadays anyway they are all but done as a force in English rugby for the next 10 years. They will always have the loyal fans and “rugby families” will always be just that but there are plenty who do attend both. Be it season tickets at both or just the odd match going fan picking and choosing 

39 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

In the county where most of the villages aren't served by trains. If that's what you are getting at.

Most drive. Due to the fact that even if you drive to a local station you still have to drive home from there anyway.

33 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I visit the odd tigers game each season. Maybe one or two. It is a very different crowd you’re right but I don’t see what this has to do with being able to attend city matches? Or how us having a big rugby club in the city would impact on a football stadium expansion? 

tigers rarely get 20k in the doors nowadays anyway they are all but done as a force in English rugby for the next 10 years. They will always have the loyal fans and “rugby families” will always be just that but there are plenty who do attend both. Be it season tickets at both or just the odd match going fan picking and choosing 

Yes your right,there are people who go to both.My Dad had up until recently a S/T for City and Tigers.I got a half S/T for Welford Road about 10 years ago.He kept it up,but never really enjoyed it a 10th as much.He would walk on burning coals to keep his City seat though.

Do the two teams compete for fans?Well there’s an argument they did in the 80s and mid 2000s when circumstances were different.Im fully behind a ground expansion as it goes.Like I was at Filbert Street.My only reservation is the potential upheaval that can sometimes accompany such things.I feel sorry for the Tigers as they are a grand old name.With huge support,who haven’t robbed another town of their football/rugby club and their stadium.Ironically you can probably chart their demise with the building of the Caterpillar stand.Since the clubhouse sides been rebuilt they truly have gone of a cliff ☹️

9 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Yeah spot on.

It's pretty much a closed shop to non members and STH's aside from a few cup games.  Looking back (as a calculated guess) I think there are around 3500 new STH's since we were promoted 14/15, over the 6 years.  If you wanted to take additional family members for a game or two or half a dozen a season its nigh on impossible currently.

40,000 gives the club so much scope to do so many things if perhaps they only get to 37k or 38k for most games which I expect as a minimum, reduced pricing for U22's or U18's to get more young fans in as a feeder to the longstanding fans of the future (the stats tell us the fans are aging vs the 80's/90's) promotional family tickets at a reduced price perhaps, more England internationals etc.

Whatever we all think "the perception" of the big 6 by players, means that we lose players like Mahrez to Man C, Maguire to Man U etc.  With the training ground being finished if we go to 40k seats, that argument diminishes as we become probably the biggest club in the Midlands, then Villa are only bigger historically.  And we seriously challenge the big 6.

Very exciting times and how lucky we are to have the owners, Susan Whelan and dare I say it Rudkin!!  Of late purchases are looking good (if still the occasional howler), Maddison, Soyuncu, Parreira, Justin.

With a decent lucky run we could be at Wembley and the Champions League is now a STRONG possibility, Spurs, Wolves and Manure are really going to have to go some to get into the top 4, but just slip up too many times.

Enjoy now and the exciting times ahead:scarf:The best of times over the last 5 years!!!

Bang on!Top is doing exactly the right way.Training ground first,and he’s made it quite clear that the club want to expand.He’s wise to bide his time.Another 10k seats is perfect and they could still expand further if they got permission(As long we had continued success.With what’s happening at present can only attract the better player surely!Cant understand why people are so apprehensive.It can give us a bigger profile and move us forward!

its a no brainier!!

very exciting times ahead I think:appl::D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

But how long has it taken? 
🤔😏

A near instant sell out... add a month, have you not heard 🥴

But anyway, I do agree with some parts of the discussion that it is a worry that we don’t sell seats but, take myself for example, now that I’m back in the country and I’m able to attend matches any opportunities to buy tickets for additional matches such as the Wigan match is welcomed.

I can perhaps understand from a STH point of view that this may be their 200th match and missing a game against Wigan isn’t the end of the world but I do believe the expansion will be good for the club and will attract not necessarily all new fans but new members/STHs in the new space at least. 

That in turn, if using my personal example should then entice people to attend additional matches.

I don’t see why expanding our core fan base should be an issue and getting seats filled, obviously it won’t happen overnight but you have to start somewhere. 

31 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

About 10 pages i've been through trying to find an update. Can't we just have a sh*t flinging thread and get on with things?

Welcome to Foxestalk... you must be new lol;) 

• Haha 2

Coupled with the rise in demand for corporate hospitality packages, the need for clubs and stadium owners to ensure their grounds can cater for all levels of supporter has never been greater.

A desire to increase the space for hospitality attendees has been at the heart of redevelopments of many major grounds, including Wembley Stadium, the Emirates, Anfield’s expansion and the ongoing rebuilding of White Hart Lane.

A reasonable stadium expansion of around 10-15k would cost a Mahrez or Maguire transfer fee.

Not really a lot when you think about it. Surely this woudl also be mortgagable, it's an asset that can be depreciated over (reasonably) 10 years, so with interest we could potentially only be paying around £1m per month.

Peanuts, when you consider the fringe benefits. 

I suggest anyone that reckons we need a bigger ground looks at the Villa semi home leg on the website lol

Hope everyone that constantly moans about how it's apparently so hard to get tickets (its not) is going.

Edited by ealingfox

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I suggest anyone that reckons we need a bigger ground looks at the Villa semi home leg on the website lol

Hope everyone that constantly moans about how it's apparently so hard to get tickets (its not) is going.

Absolute garbage,  3 home games in 7 days ,wigan and Southampton virtually sold out, straight after Christmas people have priorities other than 3 football matches in 7 days to pay for.

Just now, Markyblue said:

Absolute garbage,  3 home games in 7 days ,wigan and Southampton virtually sold out, straight after Christmas people have priorities other than 3 football matches in 7 days to pay for.

It's our first semi final for 20 years - shouldn't that one be the priority?

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
Just now, ealingfox said:

Maybe so, but people with kids doing all 3 is gonna cost a fortune and straight after xmas and new year come on , and the villa game has a few days left of selling tickets yet.

3 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Maybe so, but people with kids doing all 3 is gonna cost a fortune and straight after xmas and new year come on , and the villa game has a few days left of selling tickets yet.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, the club has done fcuk all to promote it. There is still an "impossible to get tickets" vibe in the community, and many don't even bother to try.

I even got this last season, when tickets were easier to come by, and people expressed surprise I was able to get some (again, by "people", I mean other parents, who believe it or not, do not eat and breathe football -- I, on the other hand, have accepted I will never be Father of the Year -- but would love to take the kids to a game once a month). I think if the club actually advertised the fact tickets were available to the Cup games, they would sell out quickly. But they only really market tickets to people who have previously bought tickets.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Midweek game thats also on tele, seems the main majority of tickets available are from the family stand, around half of the still available 4500, so seems people don’t really want to take the kids to a late match during a school week in probably crap weather

The main problem I can see (also a problem I have myself when getting tickets for some league games) is that when there are seats available its usually either a single seat or 3 seats together (but you aren’t allowed to buy just 2 seats, you have to buy all 3) so its either I sit away from whoever I am going with or I have to buy 3 tickets and have to try and sell 1 or try to find someone else to go

Games like this they need to open up one of the family stand blocks (preferably closest to away fans) to everyone, rather than family only, I imagine that would sell a lot quicker than it will at the moment

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Midweek game thats also on tele, seems the main majority of tickets available are from the family stand, around half of the still available 4500, so seems people don’t really want to take the kids to a late match during a school week in probably crap weather

The main problem I can see (also a problem I have myself when getting tickets for league games) is that when there are seats available its usually either a single seat or 3 seats together (but you aren’t allowed to buy just 2 seats, you have to buy all 3) so its either I sit away from whoever I am going with or I have to buy 3 tickets and have to try and sell 1 or try to find someone else to go

Games like this they need to open up one of the family stand blocks (preferably closest to away fans) to everyone, rather than family only, I imagine that would sell a lot quicker than it will at the moment

The Tigers have a policy that child season tickets can be transferred to an adult for evening games. 

City shouldn't have family stand restrictions on games that kickoff after 7pm.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The main problem I can see (also a problem I have myself when getting tickets for league games) is that when there are seats available its usually either a single seat or 3 seats together (but you aren’t allowed to buy just 2 seats, you have to buy all 3) so its either I sit away from whoever I am going with or I have to buy 3 tickets and have to try and sell 1 or try to find someone else to go

Can adults without kids buy tickets in the family stand when there are tickets un sold.?