Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

6 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

It looks as if we have now pretty much sold out the home allocation with the opening of L1 + much of the usual away allocation now sold to home supporters. 

Let's see how many other Premier and Championship clubs come close to that this weekend. Great effort by our lot.

But but its took 3 weeks lol lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wasn’t the consultation a few months back? I’d have expected some sort of update following the review of that and for the club to keep the momentum and excitement building.

or maybe they have as specific date in mind at which to launch the hole project. What excites and intrigues next the most is rumour that we are waiting on Eon to vacate the site; though I do wonder if there is a timeline on this or just a process of finding something whenever that is.

Just now, Spudulike said:

If King Power are looking to acquire all of the land up to Aylestone Rd they will be restricted by the Raw Dyke monument. 

Somehow I think they would have planned for that, doubt they are going to be getting down to work to suddenly stop and go, cripes:o, were buggered, why did we not think of the Raw Dykes, blimey lads, pack it in, go home everyone:dry:

Yeah, I know, sometimes I can be a dick :ph34r:.

• Haha 1

I was thinking about this yesterday, it’s a shame there are no exits from the other end of the ground onto Aylestone Road. Our ways out are very top heavy and the walk from Raw Dykes Road to the main road, for example, is excruciating. If there was another exit from the back of the stadium it would ease walking congestion at least, shame not much can be done about the inevitable bottle neck of traffic at the top of Saffron Lane either.   

16 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Have they opened all the stands for today’s game then

Yeh they did. As a season ticket holder in the east stand, when I got my ticket I had to move to a supposedly equivalent seat on the opposite west stand as they only planned to open half of the stadium. Then they realised that interest was high so then proceeded to sell tickets in the east stand anyway. I could see my usual seat with a great view was occupied across the other side.The seat I got for the other stand was less central, lower down and on the end of the aisle so not only was I up n down like a fiddler’s elbow, I couldn’t see when people strolled past during the game and when the over attentive stewards stood too high at the steps entrance frequently during the game it was also obscured by the safety bars. Basically it was a shit view and nothing like the seat I had over the other side. The club should’ve had more faith in their ticket selling team as lots of us season ticket holders were penalised because of it. 

As well as expanding, I think they need to upgrade areas of the ground too. Most of the blue seats have faded and look tired, there is a section of the West Stand with new seats and it stands out a mile off. In the Kop, they could refurbish (and provide more) toilets and a designated entrance to enter and leave- you could be waiting ages to leave whilst streams of people go in.

Don't know what it is like in other areas of the ground but in the Kop the facilities could be improved.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Katy said:

I was thinking about this yesterday, it’s a shame there are no exits from the other end of the ground onto Aylestone Road. Our ways out are very top heavy and the walk from Raw Dykes Road to the main road, for example, is excruciating. If there was another exit from the back of the stadium it would ease walking congestion at least, shame not much can be done about the inevitable bottle neck of traffic at the top of Saffron Lane either.   

One is planned with the new expansion 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Corky said:

As well as expanding, I think they need to upgrade areas of the ground too. Most of the blue seats have faded and look tired, there is a section of the West Stand with new seats and it stands out a mile off. In the Kop, they could refurbish (and provide more) toilets and a designated entrance to enter and leave- you could be waiting ages to leave whilst streams of people go in.

Don't know what it is like in other areas of the ground but in the Kop the facilities could be improved.

I've been in the Brummie Road end at the Hawthorns and it's really well done with regards to getting refreshments and using toilets. 

The refreshments is railed off, so it just flows pretty well. 

Our effort is pretty poor tbh and I hope the club will improve this area over the coming years. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

In C2 concourse it could be largely upgraded too. Toilets are rank and there's only one (narrow) entrance/exit in to them if they shut one of the doors (which they have for some games this season).

Getting in and out of the concourse is fine and have no problems with that. But it still looks dated - can understand it's probably costly to regenerate the whole thing but it's still the same as when the stadium was built I think. 

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

same as when the stadium was built I think. 

.....and was never finished off properly due to running out of money as we were being relegated, the builder never even got the full fee.

Just now, davieG said:

.....and was never finished off properly due to running out of money as we were being relegated, the builder never even got the full fee.

Learn something new everyday! 

What was the finished article meant to be?

Just now, StanSP said:

Learn something new everyday! 

What was the finished article meant to be?

Not sure as I don't believe any preview pictures of the concourses were ever published.

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh they did. As a season ticket holder in the east stand, when I got my ticket I had to move to a supposedly equivalent seat on the opposite west stand as they only planned to open half of the stadium. Then they realised that interest was high so then proceeded to sell tickets in the east stand anyway. I could see my usual seat with a great view was occupied across the other side.The seat I got for the other stand was less central, lower down and on the end of the aisle so not only was I up n down like a fiddler’s elbow, I couldn’t see when people strolled past during the game and when the over attentive stewards stood too high at the steps entrance frequently during the game it was also obscured by the safety bars. Basically it was a shit view and nothing like the seat I had over the other side. The club should’ve had more faith in their ticket selling team as lots of us season ticket holders were penalised because of it. 

You need to be grateful that you normally have such a great view then. 

• Like 1

It would be nice once we do expand if we could properly name each individual stand. When the stadium first opened it coincided with administration/ relegation and that put a bit of downer on the process. 

I think one will be after Vichai and it will be good if the others take up names after Leicester greats or which have significance close to the heart of fans.

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It would be nice once we do expand if we could properly name each individual stand. When the stadium first opened it coincided with administration/ relegation and that put a bit of downer on the process. 

I think one will be after Vichai and it will be good if the others take up names after Leicester greats or which have significance close to the heart of fans.

Rename The Kop, The Richie Wellens Stand...nice ring to it.