Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It would be nice once we do expand if we could properly name each individual stand. When the stadium first opened it coincided with administration/ relegation and that put a bit of downer on the process. 

I think one will be after Vichai and it will be good if the others take up names after Leicester greats or which have significance close to the heart of fans.

Wasn’t one of the stands supposed to named be after Gary Lineker  

Going to West Ham over Xmas I’m delighted with the KP - Olympic Stadium rejig is how not to upgrade to new stadia. 

KP gets a rough ride at times but the atmosphere felt in 15/16 and the CL at times was as loud as SK1 at Filbo. Upgrading and increasing the capacity will only add to the atmosphere subject to capacity attendances...

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

One is planned with the new expansion 

Ah that’s interesting, I didn’t know about that 👍🏽 I’m glad it’s being considered then as it’s much needed. 

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Rename The Kop, The Richie Wellens Stand...nice ring to it. 

Rename the subs bench, the Conrad Logan seating.

1 minute ago, Katy said:

Ah that’s interesting, I didn’t know about that 👍🏽 I’m glad it’s being considered then as it’s much needed. 

Yeah. It's not allowed on here but if you can find the photo of the expansion on the net you'll see what I mean. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Why? 

Myself and one or two others were contacted by the club to pass the message on to Mark and co about removing any posts of that... photo on here also any social media sites if we knew admins etc of them. 

The club dont want the photos up

On 04/01/2020 at 12:53, Dorkingfox said:

Plans are for a 40,000 capacity with a state of the art entertainment complex, they are currently in the feedback part of the plans.
City chief executive Susan Whelan said of the latest move: “Comprehensive market research is an essential element of any development o
f this scale to ensure all decisions are supported by robust feedback and analysis.

“We are delighted that process will now commence and will be led by the experience and expertise of Legends International.

“Rather than simply increasing capacity, our aim is to transform King Power Stadium into a world-class sporting and events destination, opening a range of options, now being explored as part of our longer-term development.

https://www.legendsinternational.com

these guys are now responsible for the direction of travel .....the club may decide not to take their guidance in the end but at the moment they are .....

21 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Myself and one or two others were contacted by the club to pass the message on to Mark and co about removing any posts of that... photo on here also any social media sites if we knew admins etc of them. 

The club dont want the photos up

Yes I remember that, I have a copy saved. A little stadium for music events, bars, hotel and additional access into the site next to the Roman Raw Dykes earth work. And the possibility of a train station if the Ivanhoe Line gets reopened, currently under consultation.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

https://www.legendsinternational.com

these guys are now responsible for the direction of travel .....the club may decide not to take their guidance in the end but at the moment they are .....

I find it difficult to believe that a posh agency like this will come up with 'stick a tier on top the east stand like Cardiff did'

I expect a stellar proposal. Personally, I'd bin the neighborig arena idea and instead make the stadium itself the arena, a la Schalke. Stick that in yer pipe, Nottingham Ice rink.

33 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

So if the capacity is only going to be 40k and not 42,with segregation will that mean attendances will still be under 40k?Not a big enough statement of intent to me.I know it’s not much,but with crowds over 40k I think it looks better in attracting better players imo.:whistle:

Definitely, should be looking at 45/50 in my opinion. With a good pricing policy on tickets I reckon we would fill that.

Edit - Can't remember which team but I think there's a Canadian side playing in the MLS that has a roof that can cut off different tiers so for ties with less interest its like the upper tiers don't exist. That could be a cool feature.

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Yes said:

Has there been any official word on how much we’re planning on expanding by? 

The only 'official' thing I have ever seen is the design by the company that is doing the training ground which was leaked and that just simply said 40k minimum. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The only 'official' thing I have ever seen is the design by the company that is doing the training ground which was leaked and that just simply said 40k minimum. 

Not sure if they’ll have decided yet but it can’t be a bad thing we’re looking at top 4 and getting 30k against Wigan, surely makes them more likely to go for more.

On 05/01/2020 at 12:15, jammie82uk said:

Wasn’t one of the stands supposed to named be after Gary Lineker  

Can't see that happening now. Rumour has it that the relationship between the club and Lineker (certainly a few years ago) wasn't as cordial as it once was.

On 05/01/2020 at 12:22, FIF said:

Rename the subs bench, the Conrad Logan seating.

Did a few commentaries for LCFC with Conrad during the title winning season.

At Spurs, the press box was low down by the tunnel, right behind the subs bench.

I made reference to our view and added: "You'll be used to this, Conrad..."

(He's a top bloke, he took it in the right spirit.)

• Haha 2