Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

It will be interesting to see how they access that camera gantry. They have to go to the top of the steps on the east stand at the minute, but the executive boxes are in the west so it would need to run the rull length of the west stand with access in the kop or family stand or both. Seems a bit odd when you could incorporate it into a new stand? Unless it's for automated cameras and not commentators and cameras?

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah I get that but what I meant is if they swap Tv camera around to west stand then it would be weird. Away end opposite , kop to the right of camera etc. Would be weird. Has there been any other stadium where this has happened? 

So what do you want them to do? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

What I don’t like is if there building a bigger stand on the east stand then we won’t see it on tv as the camera faces to the west stand.

The bigger picture is any possible new signing as they are shown around the ground will walk out through the tunnel and the first thing they see will be a huge stand. First impression will be amazing.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah I get that but what I meant is if they swap Tv camera around to west stand then it would be weird. Away end opposite , kop to the right of camera etc. Would be weird. Has there been any other stadium where this has happened? 

Yes.

Blackburn and Fulham spring to mind. 

• Like 1

Did liverpool do that too as you used to see the standing water/guttering on the roof when the camera panned towards the corner flags, now the camera's are in their new stand on the opposite side? Not sure if dugout and tunnel swapped too? I would expect ours to move to the other side too, our east stand will be the showpiece stand!

1 minute ago, TWUKO said:

Did liverpool do that too as you used to see the standing water/guttering on the roof when the camera panned towards the corner flags, now the camera's are in their new stand on the opposite side? Not sure if dugout and tunnel swapped too? I would expect ours to move to the other side too, our east stand will be the showpiece stand!

Cameras are in the same stand at Anfield. Just higher up. 

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Happened at Villa too.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The bigger picture is any possible new signing as they are shown around the ground will walk out through the tunnel and the first thing they see will be a huge stand. First impression will be amazing.

Makes a change from Martin O’Neill leading new signings out of the tunnel backwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1