Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion Progress!

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Which would suggest they're getting ready to do some rework on the east stand, or setting things in place for when it happens.

Exactly mate.

1 hour ago, Realjimbo said:

Surely has to up the capacity to circa 40k?

With provision for further increase in the future.

This has to be a prerequisite for a regular top 4 side now.

This was confirmed the other night at the FCC.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how they access that camera gantry. They have to go to the top of the steps on the east stand at the minute, but the executive boxes are in the west so it would need to run the rull length of the west stand with access in the kop or family stand or both. Seems a bit odd when you could incorporate it into a new stand? Unless it's for automated cameras and not commentators and cameras?

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

hi 5 minutes ago, meet 6 posts ago

Yeah I get that but what I meant is if they swap Tv camera around to west stand then it would be weird. Away end opposite , kop to the right of camera etc. Would be weird. Has there been any other stadium where this has happened? 

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah I get that but what I meant is if they swap Tv camera around to west stand then it would be weird. Away end opposite , kop to the right of camera etc. Would be weird. Has there been any other stadium where this has happened? 

So what do you want them to do? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

What I don’t like is if there building a bigger stand on the east stand then we won’t see it on tv as the camera faces to the west stand.

The bigger picture is any possible new signing as they are shown around the ground will walk out through the tunnel and the first thing they see will be a huge stand. First impression will be amazing.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yes.

Blackburn and Fulham spring to mind. 

• Like 1

Did liverpool do that too as you used to see the standing water/guttering on the roof when the camera panned towards the corner flags, now the camera's are in their new stand on the opposite side? Not sure if dugout and tunnel swapped too? I would expect ours to move to the other side too, our east stand will be the showpiece stand!

1 minute ago, TWUKO said:

Did liverpool do that too as you used to see the standing water/guttering on the roof when the camera panned towards the corner flags, now the camera's are in their new stand on the opposite side? Not sure if dugout and tunnel swapped too? I would expect ours to move to the other side too, our east stand will be the showpiece stand!

Cameras are in the same stand at Anfield. Just higher up. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yes.

Blackburn and Fulham spring to mind. 

Middlesbrough as well 

Anyone whose a regular FIFA player will be used to it!

13 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This was confirmed the other night at the FCC.

Do they release minutes from this meeting anymore? I know Foxes Trust used to do something, we just never seem so hear what was spoken about anymore. 
Unless I just completely miss it every time. 

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Do they release minutes from this meeting anymore? I know Foxes Trust used to do something, we just never seem so hear what was spoken about anymore. 
Unless I just completely miss it every time. 

They're waiting for approval and they'll be out soon. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

Should see some news on the expansion this week if not next so I'm told. 

Would like to see a photo of the back of Top's head on a plane on his way to a meeting to back this up....:cool:

14 hours ago, Filberts Treat said:

Went the stadium tour Saturday, there’s a tv camera gantry going up in the west stand.

6524D168-F7F3-459B-B7BD-C8FF107D515F.jpeg

That fookin storm was stronger than they thought ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Happened at Villa too.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The bigger picture is any possible new signing as they are shown around the ground will walk out through the tunnel and the first thing they see will be a huge stand. First impression will be amazing.

Makes a change from Martin O’Neill leading new signings out of the tunnel backwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1