Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

30 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well if the original plans and rumours are correct you wont see much of them. 

Think along the lines of Manchester City new away end. Cutting them into two tiers will stop any atmosphere they try to get going. 

Really hope this is true. It'll be suggested again at the consultation meetings. 

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I sincerely hope this sports brand agency commissioned to come up with the stadium strategy will come up with better than 'stick a tier on top the east stand like Cardiff did'

I'd prefer a year out at the Ricoh and see all three sides rebuilt. I just don't see Susan Whelan and Top doing stuff in the quick and on the cheap. It's not their MO

Whatever they do,it’s got to look like it was built that way from the start.Not just stuck on like you said.I thought they might have upped capacity to about 45k and evened it out between the east stand and the kop end.Sloping down to meet the west stand and north stand respectively.:D

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I sincerely hope this sports brand agency commissioned to come up with the stadium strategy will come up with better than 'stick a tier on top the east stand like Cardiff did'

I'd prefer a year out at the Ricoh and see all three sides rebuilt. I just don't see Susan Whelan and Top doing stuff in the quick and on the cheap. It's not the MO

It might be Susan Welan's MO to be slow perhaps but you cant say that about top at all, especially about infrastructure projects. He got the planning approval and he's bang on to finish the training ground from planning approval to completion in 18 months. If you replicate that timeline with the stadium then you should be looking at 2 years completion from the summer.

15 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah I get that but what I meant is if they swap Tv camera around to west stand then it would be weird. Away end opposite , kop to the right of camera etc. Would be weird. Has there been any other stadium where this has happened? 

It was that way around at Filbert St and I've never got used to the change at KP

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'd prefer a year out at the Ricoh and see all three sides rebuilt. I just don't see Susan Whelan and Top doing stuff in the quick and on the cheap. It's not their MO

If we have to share please not Cov, travel nightmare links

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Can’t for a minute see Top wanting to play anywhere but the KP should we get CL football. I think he’d rather build a new stadium (maybe exaggerating a bit there but the family don’t do things by halves).

Does anybody know if there are any other stands that can have an  increase capacity?

obviously not taking into account, safe standing.

i ask, as if the east stand is the only one, our attendance will then be capped at whatever the expansion brings in.

unless they knock down a stand...

Guest Markyblue
23 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Does anybody know if there are any other stands that can have an  increase capacity?

i ask, as if the east stand is the only one, our attendance will then be capped at whatever the expansion brings in.

Everything other than the west stand can be expanded. 

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

I thought it was just the Main Stand they cannot expand upon.

How long do planning applications usually take?