Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

30 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Nope, I only dared venture into posting on here properly a few months ago even though I've been stalking the site for years, especially transfer periods. Definitely in the know then! From one autocad friend to another, I hate the thing with a passion and theres nothing worse than spending 7.5 hours a day hatching things that consultants explode... Re the drawings I haven't but I have searched on Google images and stuff, just not been lucky to see it I guess or find it. I'll keep trying though. Good speaking to you chap.

Try skyscrapercity.com You will find it there . 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jamiebux said:

Try skyscrapercity.com You will find it there . 

Thanks chap, appreciated. I've had a good look but I can't help but think that the stadium design in my own mind will be the best one 🤔

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'd imagine this will be done over a summer with perhaps the first few games of the new season reduced capacity? 

Considering the rumoured amount of work involved, this will take longer than a summer. Just look at how long it’s taken for the latest stand expansions.

There’ll probably be a smaller capacity but I imagine, like with Liverpool, a lot of the work will happen behind the stand and then, to minimise disruption, the stands will be connected at the end along will all of the final bits and bobs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Considering the rumoured amount of work involved, this will take longer than a summer. Just look at how long it’s taken for the latest stand expansions.

There’ll probably be a smaller capacity but I imagine, like with Liverpool, a lot of the work will happen behind the stand and then, to minimise disruption, the stands will be connected at the end along will all of the final bits and bobs.

Just to add to this, this is the proposed timeline for Everton’s new stadium. Granted it’s a far bigger project than ours with complicated work involved with the dock, but it still gives a decent insight into construction time table. 

On another note, for a more relevant project, the Anfield main stand extension started in December 2014 and was operational for September 2016.

B2225277-CDB5-4D84-9663-CC88AA334711.jpeg

8AC517FF-9F35-49CD-AFB1-05A17B9DAE24.jpeg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Smiffy Fox said:

I thought we were hearing some news on the stadium??? 

There was a strong rumour something would be announced.

Naturally I’ve no idea, but the clubs annual accounts are due to be declared imminently so that may be a good time to announce something.

Also people have mentioned that when the new training complex open it will be the ten year anniversary of King Power’s ownership. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was also a grand unveiling of some plans then.

On 24/02/2020 at 12:27, TheLeftSide said:

I didn't see this in the Stadium on Saturday?

That's promising that would be the first thing they'd look to move across, if the expansion is not going ahead then it would be extremely pointless swapping it to the west stand 

Judging by the fact we still have 5,000 tickets left to sell 2 days before a last 16 cup match, I’m yet to be convinced we’re ready for expansion.

People are using the cost as an excuse for our fan base. It’s £20/25. We were selling Championship tickets for more than that seven years ago. It’s a local derby and it’s not even televised. 

A lot of the home games go quite late and some don’t 100% sell out in full.

Does expansion just suit a few fans who wanna watch us against Liverpool, Man Utd etc but aren’t interested in likes of Burnley and Watford?

Edited by shanetko

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, shanetko said:

aren’t interested in likes of Burnley and Watford?

Watford are the new World Champions!

19 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Judging by the fact we still have 5,000 tickets left to sell 2 days before a last 16 cup match, I’m yet to be convinced we’re ready for expansion.

People are using the cost as an excuse for our fan base. It’s £20/25. We were selling Championship tickets for more than that seven years ago. It’s a local derby and it’s not even televised. 

Does expansion just suit a few fans who wanna watch us against Liverpool, Man Utd etc but aren’t interested in likes of Burnley and Watford?

How many season ticket holders won’t bother? I personally know a lot who aren’t going, also know a lot who don’t usually go that will be there Wednesday, same with the Wigan game. There’s clearly a number of fans who would go more often given the opportunity. From what I can see most League home games sell out in full, they only make it to general sale are when it’s midweek.

Edited by Yes
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, shanetko said:

You can't judge a cup game, during a potential CL finishing season as an excuse not to expand our stadium. Premier league football is like everything else in life in that if you do not keep up you'll get left behind! Look at Everton's new ground and spurs too. When you see these stadiums on tv being broadcast all over the world then you realise just how far we are behind right now particularly with CL football. Credit to our owners and touch wood we'll get a 42-45'000 stadium after the redevelopment.

Edited by UHDrive
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, shanetko said:

I do agree to an extent, but I drive 110 miles each game. The occasional midweek cup game just has to be excused for me, especially with another late one just 5 days later. Personally I do think the pricing was a touch ott. Easy sell out at £10-15  i reckon 

• Like 1