Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

22 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

According to Lineker we were minutes away.I don’t know what would have happened if we hadn’t won promotion that year either.

Yes, I’m sure I’ve also heard the birch say a couple of times we were 24 hours away from going under.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

And there is the problem. 1 bad appointment or 1 bad transfer window and it can all come collapsing down around  you.

That's not to say we shouldn't show ambition and the move from Filbert St to the Walkers clearly increased crowds, but the face of football was changing then. Improved facilities etc played a part.

But we really don't want to end up in a Sunderland situation. I do fear however we will end up with the Andield and Old Trafford situation with a tourist fanbase and in our case many will be there for the opposition and not us further diluting the atmosphere.

It's certainly a fine balance for the club, there are plenty out there that can't get season tickets and individual match costs are exorbitant in comparison and to grow we need those people to stay interested, but will they want to come if we end up back in the championship.

Newcastle suffered from bad ownership but once had been an established PL side. There's a few sides that had comfortable stints in the PL then disappeared.

Post of the day.Your correct that it’s such a fine balance.Besides today the owners have probably got more pressing matters on their hands.A drop in airport footfall.It will be annoying to see Forest take the initiative ahead of us though.Especially as we are in such a stronger position currently.

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

According to Lineker we were minutes away.I don’t know what would have happened if we hadn’t won promotion that year either.

That's why Lineker should have a Statue outside the ground. I don't know the whole story but I heard he was at least one of the main instigators of the rescue using his own money and rallying others like Heskey etc to contribute. Perhaps a few on here ITK could enlighten us more.

He's a true Leicester Blue.

Edited by Clever Fox
Left something out
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Fktf
56 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's why Lineker should have a Statue outside the ground. I don't know the whole story but I heard he was at least one of the main instigators of the rescue using his own money and rallying others like Heskey etc to contribute. Perhaps a few on here ITK could enlighten us more.

He's a true Leicester Blue.

Didn't know he was so instrumental. Thanks for sharing. 

Little did he know the roller coaster of a ride we'd go on to 'repay him'. I guess it felt like a good decision when we got promoted that season, and our dad's army prem league side gave a good fight to stay up. But he must of wondered why he bothered when he spent years watching the dross under Levein, Kelly, Megson, Holloway, punctuated by short stints by Howard Wilkinson, Nigel Worthington, and Frank burrows, which ultimately led to us being relegated to league 1. But there we would hire an unknown Nigel that would turn out to be one of the best managers we've ever had, and he would watch Pearson take us to the league 1 title and the championship playoffs before seeing the club gamble on sousa and sven, only to then return the Pearson who would face more playoff heartache before winning the championship at a stroll, and pull of the greatest Premier league escape only to be sacked due to his son's sex life. He would then publicly criticise the hiring of a loveable but seemingly washed up Italian who would lead us to the Premier league title less than 15 years after he was instrumental in saving us when we were hours away from disappearing.

What a journey we've been on, and I've not even covered finding (and sadly losing one of) the best owners in football. 

8 hours ago, Fktf said:

Didn't know he was so instrumental. Thanks for sharing. 

Little did he know the roller coaster of a ride we'd go on to 'repay him'. I guess it felt like a good decision when we got promoted that season, and our dad's army prem league side gave a good fight to stay up. But he must of wondered why he bothered when he spent years watching the dross under Levein, Kelly, Megson, Holloway, punctuated by short stints by Howard Wilkinson, Nigel Worthington, and Frank burrows, which ultimately led to us being relegated to league 1. But there we would hire an unknown Nigel that would turn out to be one of the best managers we've ever had, and he would watch Pearson take us to the league 1 title and the championship playoffs before seeing the club gamble on sousa and sven, only to then return the Pearson who would face more playoff heartache before winning the championship at a stroll, and pull of the greatest Premier league escape only to be sacked due to his son's sex life. He would then publicly criticise the hiring of a loveable but seemingly washed up Italian who would lead us to the Premier league title less than 15 years after he was instrumental in saving us when we were hours away from disappearing.

What a journey we've been on, and I've not even covered finding (and sadly losing one of) the best owners in football. 

Thankfully the administrators had a bit of sense too and didn’t force us into a complete fire-sale. To paraphrase, they realised the good position we were in in the league and and said that our best hope was to get promoted, (which we did) which would bring in the premier league money. Of course this led to jealously from other clubs but **** em, we were in the shit and thankfully promotion was a big help in getting out of it.

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

I'd rather see an upgrade on the hand dryers in the toilets. It takes me around 3 minutes to dry my hands. This is not on.

We have hand driers in the toilets?

You must be in the posh seats. We get paper towel.

• Like 1

I hope they sort the concourse areas as part of the expansion, i have my season ticket in L1 but had to sit in SK2 for the Birmingham cup game. i noticed the layout of SK2 is rather frustrating, the mens toiliets are located at opposite ends of the stand with the ladies in middle forcing the blokes to gather in smaller area. The toilets should also possibly have an entry and exit points to help the flow of people as currently fans just barge past each other.

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

The toilets should also possibly have an entry and exit points to help the flow of people as currently fans just barge past each other.

I've seen those and fans just ignore the in/out and go for which ever one they want to.

19 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes, I’m sure I’ve also heard the birch say a couple of times we were 24 hours away from going under.

I didn’t realise we were that close to folding.

I remember we had a debt of around 30 mil,but some clubs have bigger debts and seem to get more time to try and sort it.

so glad we are in the healthy position we’re in now.

22 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

This is true.

The consortium (led by Lineker) that saved the club (my Father was part of it) had 'last-minute' meetings to try and get the club afloat again.

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I didn’t realise we were that close to folding.

I remember we had a debt of around 30 mil,but some clubs have bigger debts and seem to get more time to try and sort it.

so glad we are in the healthy position we’re in now.

Part of the reason we went into Admistration was because Wise was about to sue us for unfair dismissal, once we came out of Administration we were effectively a different company so he couldn’t sue us.

Mandaric was also sowing seeds to undermine us so he could by us cheaper.

2 hours ago, Black cats fan said:

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a very challenging few years to say the least. A case in point is this afternoon when your coming home on a freezing afternoon and you've drawn 2-2 to Gillingham and conceded in the 96th minute!!! You'll remember yourself the hard slog of league one football as a big club in the division. We are making much harder work of it than you did. Fingers crossed we can get promoted this season and on the right track but the Premiership feels lightyears away ay this moment in time. 

It sounds like your very lucky to have such a well structured and committed ownership. I've seen images of your new training ground and it looks magnificent. Is the king power designed to extend easily? Is the plan to develop one or two stands? 

I was at the SOL to see Leicester clapped off to stay up under Pearson and effectively win the league the following year. Its great to see a club like yourself break into the top four which gives hope that a solid foundation can yield success. 

I was in the home end at the Sol for the 2-0 to Leicester game. 

Totally class from your fans dispite having relegation fears yourselves. 

Some of the best people I've met and would love to see you back in the prem👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

I was in the home end at the Sol for the 2-0 to Leicester game. 

Totally class from your fans dispite having relegation fears yourselves. 

Some of the best people I've met and would love to see you back in the prem👍

Same. 

Walking back to the car we had nothing but good words from Sunderland fans. 

On 07/03/2020 at 19:57, davieG said:

Part of the reason we went into Admistration was because Wise was about to sue us for unfair dismissal, once we came out of Administration we were effectively a different company so he couldn’t sue us.

Mandaric was also sowing seeds to undermine us so he could by us cheaper.

Pretty slow growing seeds considering it took him another four and a half years to buy us...