Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion Progress!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

The black box are the disabled parking bays in a longer row of parking off the service road. The blue dashed line is the gas line.

although I can't make out all of the text, it looks like all off the text in yellow boxes refers to the gas supply, gas meters, PE pipe etc.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

although I can't make out all of the text, it looks like all off the text in yellow boxes refers to the gas supply, gas meters, PE pipe etc.

 

 

Its a high level utilities drawing probably produced as part of the national grid land deal.

 

To the right of the drawing is labelled as the Energy Centre, so it looks like the club is re-locating that office as part of the deal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kenny said:

Its a high level utilities drawing probably produced as part of the national grid land deal.

 

To the right of the drawing is labelled as the Energy Centre, so it looks like the club is re-locating that office as part of the deal.

Most interesting is the white box immediately above the memorial garden. It is currently unlabelled so this could be the arena being mentioned.

 

I really can't see student accomodation being built there either!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unclear what the status is of the National Grid building behind the East Stand. Last I heard there was an agreement to purchase last autumn time. Its been quiet since unless I've missed something :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Unclear what the status is of the National Grid building behind the East Stand. Last I heard there was an agreement to purchase last autumn time. Its been quiet since unless I've missed something :dunno:

Though NG sold that property to the club now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

(I forgot to click the quote button so i'll add it here "What are the two large  curved structures outside of the east stand? TV screens?")

 

I imagine they are security barriers used to prevent vehicles from driving across high volume areas.

No doubt they will be decorative with some sort of LCFC branding.  Arsenal have something similar outside their ground.

 

Heraclitus on Twitter: "The concrete ARSENAL letters outside ... 

Edited by Gold Coast Fox
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonthefox said:

I can see a new retail outlet on the drawing. So i wonder whats happening with the club shop?

Hopefully a free to enter museum, well somewhere anyway. Now we’ve got something substantial to put in there.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Where’d you find this Bert?!

 

Here’s the previous leaked design for comparison:

 

383B0C34-25B5-45C2-B151-E18B1A05AD53.thumb.jpeg.da9bb4f7bcb974d2d45d38425c5ead8e.jpeg

Had it sent to me mate 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davieG said:

Hopefully a free to enter museum, well somewhere anyway. Now we’ve got something substantial to put in there.

Now that would be nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hopefully a free to enter museum, well somewhere anyway. Now we’ve got something substantial to put in there.

That would be amazing! 

 

The new walk museum expedition was a success and something more permanent would be popular with people visiting the city/ground on non matchday's too.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

That would be amazing! 

 

The new walk museum expedition was a success and something more permanent would be popular with people visiting the city/ground on non matchday's too.

 

 

There were plans to have one at the stadium when we moved but Admin put paid to it. They got in loads of stuff in on loan from fans but it’s all in storage I believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hopefully a free to enter museum, well somewhere anyway. Now we’ve got something substantial to put in there.

I know the Birch is old, but bit harsh to pop him in a glass box and have people stare at him all day lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I know the Birch is old, but bit harsh to pop him in a glass box and have people stare at him all day lol

he could shout incoherently into a PA system for the authentic pre match experience for museum goers!
 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

View image on Twitter

 

saw this image on skyscrapercity - not seen it before

 

 

Looks like somebody has stuck a stand from the Amex onto the East stand

amex-stadium-cover.jpg

Edited by snoopy87
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snoopy87 said:

Looks like somebody has stuck a stand from the Amex onto the East stand

Brighton will be fuming when we cart their main stand off on the back of a lorry!
:D

Edited by stripeyfox
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I suspect that it’s just another “possibility” design like they did with the training ground.

 

The Eon building is rumoured to be up for sale in December too.

Too much detail on what Berts put on yesterday for just a possibility. All the stuff relating to mains and service runs etc will be in line with digging and piling what people mentioned occurred last summer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Too much detail on what Berts put on yesterday for just a possibility. All the stuff relating to mains and service runs etc will be in line with digging and piling what people mentioned occurred last summer 

Fair point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Looks like somebody has stuck a stand from the Amex onto the East stand

 

Maybe that's the idea with the design, long term the other side could be raised as well. Does look a bit weird to have just the one side done, but if it makes for more capacity then it's surely a good thing.

 

The KP is a rather generic stadium and yet I've come to love it. Mainly because of the memories made there, but despite being rather basic there's IMO nothing "bad" about it, it's just not on the same level as some of the bigger and better stadiums in the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maybe that's the idea with the design, long term the other side could be raised as well. Does look a bit weird to have just the one side done, but if it makes for more capacity then it's surely a good thing.

 

The KP is a rather generic stadium and yet I've come to love it. Mainly because of the memories made there, but despite being rather basic there's IMO nothing "bad" about it, it's just not on the same level as some of the bigger and better stadiums in the country.

I think it will look good (if the design shown is accurate). At the end of the day there is nothing particularly special about the KP and you can't polish a turd, but the curved roof is much better than Cardiff's "bolted on" monstrostity.

 

You'd expect a significant upgrade in concorse facilities in the new stand (perhaps the "premium" seats alluded to in the questionaire last year).

 

If it gets us to 42,000 , that would make us the 9th largest in the PL (ahead of Chelsea) and 8th once Villa get relegated :D

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...