Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Interesting survey, particularly about the surrounding areas. 

Season Ticket plus sounds very Arsenal

Climb on board; that is the direction football is moving to!

Survey is a bit confusing at the start. It has the Kop in the North Stand and the Family Stand in the South.....other way round, innit, or am I displaying my orienteering incompetence? :blink:

(Insert highly original jokes about swapping here)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Survey is a bit confusing at the start. It has the Kop in the North Stand and the Family Stand in the South.....other way round, innit, or am I displaying my orienteering incompetence? :blink:

I thought (so does the premier leagues official page) that the kop was the south stand to, clicked to the next and had to go back and change it to north.

Edited by goose2010

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Even if it was there I would still rather be seated, would be welcome tho, especially if it helped improve atmosphere.

It wouldn't impact your ability to sit if you wanted to mate! Just gives people the choice! 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:
7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I thought (so does the premier leagues official page) that the kop was the south stand to, clicked to the next and had to go back and change it to north.

I think they have ballsed that part up.

• Like 1

RIP L1.

Clear from this survey that they want to turn that area into corporate-type season ticket seating.

Best thing they could do is move the Family Stand to a corner and create a new Kop in the North Stand next to the away fans in the corner.

They won’t, of course. They’ll try and get everyone to move to the South Stand, make a terrible hash of it and kill the atmosphere even further.

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

RIP L1.

Clear from this survey that they want to turn that area into corporate-type season ticket seating.

Best thing they could do is move the Family Stand to a corner and create a new Kop in the North Stand next to the away fans in the corner.

They won’t, of course. They’ll try and get everyone to move to the South Stand, make a terrible hash of it and kill the atmosphere even further.

i don't agree to be honest I think they will try and move everyone into the KOP. keeping the away fans where they are over two tiers.

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

RIP L1.

That's the spirit!

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Yep, I was guessing that I'd have to do the same. Just checking that it wasn't me that was having the brain fart. Whereas, in fact, it turns out that.....

6 minutes ago, Paddy_D said:

I think they have ballsed that part up.

.........it's the club or survey compilers who've cocked it up.

Seeing as I walk there from South Leicester and the Kop is on the near side of the stadium, while the Family Stand is on the opposite side, towards the city centre, I was pretty sure that I wasn't going senile.

33 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Stadium Plans.png

Thanks for sharing that. Very interesting to see what is planned!

Personally I hope they don't have an Exclusive lounge because I think it kind of flies in the face of what football is all about; that it's for everybody. Admittedly every club in the top 6 have these facilities so no doubt they will happen but I'd far rather see investment in the fanzone and surrounding areas. Those sort of facilities benefit everybody and improve the atmosphere. Personally I'd love it if televised away games or national team games were shown there for example. 

Still it's great to know improvements are afoot. Feels like good times are here to stay with the Top / Wheelan / Rudkin / Rodger combo.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

At least we got asked about safe standing.

Not so sure about some of the prices they were throwing about though. Whatever season ticket plus is, I'm out 

Yeah, seemed really expensive, I saw prices up to like £2,000 for a season ticket. Then the arena memberships were eye-wateringly high.

As someone without a ST, I'd pay happily a premium to get one, but not anything like that much.

Edited by Beechey

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yeah, seemed really expensive, I saw prices up to like £2,000 for a season ticket. Then the arena memberships were eye-wateringly high.

As someone without a ST, I'd pay happily a premium to get one, but not anything like that much.

Some of the prices they quoted were ridiculously high; but as has been said, that seems to be the way football is going.

31 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

RIP L1.

Or move the Visitors?

If there is a fan zone east stand side and an extra tier would the away be moved to west stand corner?