Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

13 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Did any indication get given Sol? 

I wasn't on the call myself but the notes I've seen say that planning application will go in "by the end of the year". So it doesn't look like we're rushing to get it going while fans are out of the ground.

Wonder what they’ll with season ticket holders in the east stand if it becomes the main stand - I sit half way up J2 on the halfway line.

i remember the survey they sent out a while ago, was concerned by the idea of “season ticket plus”. To me it meant paying a lot more for the same seat. I don’t fancy moving round the ground unless it’s directly opposite which at the moment would sit me next to Top.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

That whole survey seemed to be about what would you pay more for.

I sit in G1 I'm perfectly happy with my seat and the price I pay, especially compared to match day prices. It satisfies all my needs for watching a football match I don't need anything else, well perhaps a little more leg room :P. There's nothing they can offer me that i would want to pay more for.

I sincerely hope they don't go all 'up market' and price out the long standing, historically "typical" fan who just wants to go to the game have a pie and pint and stand and watch the game so many of whom have already been excluded for a number of reasons. 

For me an expansion of attendance should be targeted at getting those many fans who can't get or afford a ST, who can't justify a ST as they can't go to every game. Not just to increase the executive/business/tourist ticket. 

Always is a concern they'll try to gentrify the average match gooer and lose that little bit of what Leicester is with it. I'm sincerely hoping prices are kept sensible and as many people as possible can start to go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

For the life of me, I don't why it triggers me, but......

It's Le Havre, not Le Harve.

I apologise for any distress I have caused you.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, davieG said:

That whole survey seemed to be about what would you pay more for.

I sit in G1 I'm perfectly happy with my seat and the price I pay, especially compared to match day prices. It satisfies all my needs for watching a football match I don't need anything else, well perhaps a little more leg room :P. There's nothing they can offer me that i would want to pay more for.

I sincerely hope they don't go all 'up market' and price out the long standing, historically "typical" fan who just wants to go to the game have a pie and pint and stand and watch the game so many of whom have already been excluded for a number of reasons. 

For me an expansion of attendance should be targeted at getting those many fans who can't get or afford a ST, who can't justify a ST as they can't go to every game. Not just to increase the executive/business/tourist ticket. 

I'd be happy to pay a bit more for some "nicer" concourse facilities. 

But the standard entry price season ticket should still be available for those who just want that. 

I would imagine the new seats in the new stand will be premium tickets of one sort or another

What liked about MK Don's stadium, when played them was, iIrc, they had a concourse at the top of a stand so you could queue up for a pie and watch the game at the same time. It used to be like that in the family stand at Filbert Street. 

19 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What liked about MK Don's stadium, when played them was, iIrc, they had a concourse at the top of a stand so you could queue up for a pie and watch the game at the same time. It used to be like that in the family stand at Filbert Street. 

Think they've changed that now. Its been covered up as they serve alcohol and the pitch is in view  

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Think they've changed that now. Its been covered up as they serve alcohol and the pitch is in view  

You could serve alcohol in a different concourse. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Looks like where i sit i'm gonna get get dripped on when it rains, but i suspect the modeler doesn't know how to join the new roof to the original ones properly.

Or they just don't care that you're going to get wet

• Like 1