Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

One more from me. 

To put it into context. Liverpool main stand holds around 18,500. 

Were practically putting that onto our east stand IF all of it is true 😂

thumb_26710_default_news_size_5.jpeg.jpg

How much does the biggest stand at Old Trafford hold? Assume that's bigger...?

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

48K is a massive number. Even if all the current members (10-12K ish I believe and won't happen anyway), bought STs, that would leave 9K matchday tickets every week allowing 3K for away fans. 

Matchday pricing will need to be looked at to shift that many especially against the poorer opposition, but it's better to have the capacity than not imo. 

Also in the future any standing areas could potentially increase in capacity by up to 60% which could nudge us closer to 50K.

Good point, but from the survey that came out last year there's only one direction in which ticket prices are headed with the new stand and using that as an indicator it won't by a small percentage either. I'd be amazed if prices drop. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

48K is a massive number. Even if all the current members (10-12K ish I believe and won't happen anyway), bought STs, that would leave 9K matchday tickets every week allowing 3K for away fans. 

Matchday pricing will need to be looked at to shift that many especially against the poorer opposition, but it's better to have the capacity than not imo. 

Also in the future any standing areas could potentially increase in capacity by up to 60% which could nudge us closer to 50K.

OR whilst it might be deemed a bad move do what West Ham did with the Olympic Stadium.

When buying ST the new holders had to buy 5 years worth of ST I think** to make sure they had one. 

Good marketing in a way and I suppose it guarantees a set attendance every season/year. 

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

How much does the biggest stand at Wembley hold? lol

28k east stand would surely dwarf the rest of the stadium, at some point you'd have to build up the rest just to get the proportions looking right.

It'd be the same as Old Trafford pre development so I suppose it isn't that bad. 

More than likely 3 tiers in that stand too. 

Whilst the photo below is from one of the quadrants you get an idea of the potential view 🤷‍♂️

LewTaylor-20190417184250.jpg

49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Also factor in majority are put off currently because of membership prices(they might go they might not) also if tickets are available they're generally singles. Think of the monies lost due to mates wanting to go together... 

all else fails I’m sure they’d give them to schools at lower prices which we did in championship days I believe? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure, I hope it is as I have no problem making room to grow. It’s just a 26k capacity stand is flipping massive!! lol

It won't be one stand getting an expansion, I reckon it'll be around a 8-9000 increase on the east stand and 3k on both adjoining ends.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

all else fails I’m sure they’d give them to schools at lower prices which we did in championship days I believe? 

Future fans in the making and their parents if they're not already fans.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

How much does the biggest stand at Wembley hold? lol

28k east stand would surely dwarf the rest of the stadium, at some point you'd have to build up the rest just to get the proportions looking right.

Remember filbert street, the south and east stand where like bus shelters compared to the other two 

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apropos of nothing, a high stand with no other stands of similar size  to provide any shelter is going to be fun for those on the top tier - facing west which is the prevailing wind direction ! 

The family do detail. Things like that won't be missed. 

I keep harping on, but if an architect showed Top the Cardiff cheapo new tier plans alongside Spurs' beast stadium plans, 100% sure he'll say 'i want that one' 

Wind, sightlines, acoustics, legroom, natural light for grass growth. I suspect all and more will be taken into consideration.

• Like 1

That stand does look quality. I just hope it's maintained well - making sure the outer panels of each colour continues to look clean and doesn't get washed out too much.

Are they all going to be opaque or will there be glass panels there too - wasn't there talk of exec boxes being that side as well?

Are the big blue panels (?) on either side of the stand going to be just that, or any kind of graphic on them?

30 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

You can tell you’re all architects let’s just plonk a 16,000 stand extension on top of the existing stand lol

I don't think people are assuming that rather that it will completely replace the East Stand. 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That stand does look quality. I just hope it's maintained well - making sure the outer panels of each colour continues to look clean and doesn't get washed out too much.

Are they all going to be opaque or will there be glass panels there too - wasn't there talk of exec boxes being that side as well?

Are the big blue panels (?) on either side of the stand going to be just that, or any kind of graphic on them?

I'd assume they'll be like the ones at the Allianz mate. All perspex with colour lights behind so there would be no issue with washing out/fading

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Markyblue said:

I sat on the pop side wall. How did they get 42000 in that ground...scary.

I was at that arsenal game. Quite a lot of them weren’t strictly “in” the ground. There were quite a few on the roof of the east stand and some had even somehow managed to climb up the floodlight pylons lol

56 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The family do detail. Things like that won't be missed. 

I keep harping on, but if an architect showed Top the Cardiff cheapo new tier plans alongside Spurs' beast stadium plans, 100% sure he'll say 'i want that one' 

Wind, sightlines, acoustics, legroom, natural light for grass growth. I suspect all and more will be taken into consideration.

Given the quality and impressive nature of the King Power buildings in Bangkok I can't see them accepting a cheap, crap stadium bolt on like Cardiff. The new training ground is immense, the stadium expension I expect to be even more impressive. Ambition, vision and investment is not in short supply with our owners. If they are doing something it's done to a high standard, I don't expect this to be any different.

• Like 1