Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It won't be one stand getting an expansion, I reckon it'll be around a 8-9000 increase on the east stand and 3k on both adjoining ends.

Agreed, the new roof bends into the corners at the level of the existing roof and given that the new building is full width there has to be seating behind.

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

10% of capacity if the ground is over 30,000, so there would be 4,800 away tickets

But old Trafford holds 75000 and you get 3000 odd not 7500?

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I should really just have googled it but I couldn't be arsed.

We will be giving away fans another 1.5k or so tickets then I'd imagine.

I may be wrong but I think the rule is 10% capacity or 3,000 - whichever is smaller.

As others have said, it's not like you get 6K at Arsenal, Spurs, etc and 7.8K at Old Trafford.

Personally I think 48,000 sounds a bit much for us but I'm sure they've looked at the evidence (at least, I hope so!).

I can't see across-the-board ticket price reductions, but maybe a bigger range (both higher and lower) than we have now?

11 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I may be wrong but I think the rule is 10% capacity or 3,000 - whichever is smaller.

As others have said, it's not like you get 6K at Arsenal, Spurs, etc and 7.8K at Old Trafford.

Personally I think 48,000 sounds a bit much for us but I'm sure they've looked at the evidence (at least, I hope so!).

I can't see across-the-board ticket price reductions, but maybe a bigger range (both higher and lower) than we have now?

Mate i'm confusing myself going backwards and forwards herelol. I thought that too originally, but then various sources online state 3k or 10% of the ground if more than 30k.

https://www.sportseconomics.org/sports-economics/away-fan-ticket-allocation-in-the-premier-league

'Away fans in the EPL normally get access to 3,000 tickets per game, or 10% of stadium capacity if greater than 30,000 seats. '

Like you say though that can't be right, because we don't get 7k at Old Trafford or 6k at the Emirates.

I feel like it's been discussed on here before but I can't remember the exactl rules, it's been a long year.

EDIT: I've decided it's 3k or 10% of the grounds capacity, if the ground is less than 30k. That'll be my last word on the matter, I'm losing my head :facepalm:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Mate i'm confusing myself going backwards and forwards herelol. I thought that too originally, but then various sources online state 3k or 10% of the ground if more than 30k.

https://www.sportseconomics.org/sports-economics/away-fan-ticket-allocation-in-the-premier-league

'Away fans in the EPL normally get access to 3,000 tickets per game, or 10% of stadium capacity if greater than 30,000 seats. '

Like you say though that can't be right, because we don't get 7k at Old Trafford or 6k at the Emirates.

I feel like it's been discussed on here before but I can't remember the exactl rules, it's been a long year.

EDIT: I've decided it's 3k or 10% of the grounds capacity, if the ground is less than 30k. That'll be my last word on the matter, I'm losing my head :facepalm:

Away fans get a minimum of 3,000 tickets if capacity is 30,000 and above. 

Less than 30k is 10% or where its deemed safe that fans can be segregated properly and have enough facilities. 

Regarding the segregated bit and facilties its the same for above hence why we give an allocation of roughly 3,350 to away fans. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So we've been far too generous to away fans? Don't we currently give them 3,200+? 

We've always maintained that we do things right as a club I've asked the question before and that's the answer I received. I'd love it if we could reduce the away end by 200 or so seats and give them to our own fans. 

22 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Did I imagine being in the Kop with 42,000 in the ground? Or is my memory playing tricks. (Weller 54 help please)

Feet didn't touch the ground for the whole match. 

Happy days are here again.

Only if you were at the Arsenal FACup match in 1971. Unless it was earlier (before my time). 

It was pre-pen days. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Did I imagine being in the Kop with 42,000 in the ground? Or is my memory playing tricks. (Weller 54 help please)

Feet didn't touch the ground for the whole match. 

Happy days are here again.

I can’t answer that but I can remember being in the Kop for a League Cup replay against Liverpool on a crisp autumn night. The attendance was reported as 42,002. 
I watched the whole game sat on my father’s shoulders (bless him, he didn’t even like football!). 
When I saw the attendance I remember telling my Dad that we were the 2!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Gave up my season ticket when I went to university over 10 year ago, playing days coming to an end so I’d be wanting a season ticket again. More chance of getting one with stadium expansion! 

I did similar, studied with the OU in 2007, then had a daughter in 2010, was looking at season tickets 2014/5 when my wife gave up working Saturdays and had no chance. 

8 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I've never seen this before, but I think it's probably from when that plan was leaked a while ago. Sounds like the plans have been updated since. It's from that facebook post linked recently.

126998418_3777733892266400_5587641511550843654_o.thumb.jpg.dbb938c0f3755e9a5b2418dfe57b6839.jpg

That's the one where some graphic designer or YouTuber or whatever drew up some proposed "what its" for various different stadiums.

It's just the Amex stadiums roof bolted onto our stadium :

amex-stadium-cover.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxinyourbox said:

I really want Top/the club to have the honour of announcing all this.   I'm sure  our expectations will be exceeded whatever the plans/capacity turn out to be.  Fans shouldn't be disappointed if 48k isn't the final figure though.

I'm just hoping it will be at least 1 seat more than Villa Park, making it biggest in the Midlands.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Nope. Just checked , v Liverpool in 69/70

This sounds like it! Thanks.

Was going to say Liverpool, Cup match 5th round replay, but couldn't be sure. Programme says Wednesday 11th Feb. 

Tickets 8 shillings (10 days before we went decimal) or 40p.

Nasty feeling we lost?

• Like 1