Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion Progress!

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The family do detail. Things like that won't be missed. 

 

I keep harping on, but if an architect showed Top the Cardiff cheapo new tier plans alongside Spurs' beast stadium plans, 100% sure he'll say 'i want that one' 

 

Wind, sightlines, acoustics, legroom, natural light for grass growth. I suspect all and more will be taken into consideration.

Given the quality and impressive nature of the King Power buildings in Bangkok I can't see them accepting a cheap, crap stadium bolt on like Cardiff. The new training ground is immense, the stadium expension I expect to be even more impressive. Ambition, vision and investment is not in short supply with our owners. If they are doing something it's done to a high standard, I don't expect this to be any different.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It won't be one stand getting an expansion, I reckon it'll be around a 8-9000 increase on the east stand and 3k on both adjoining ends.

Agreed, the new roof bends into the corners at the level of the existing roof and given that the new building is full width there has to be seating behind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I should really just have googled it but I couldn't be arsed.

 

We will be giving away fans another 1.5k or so tickets then I'd imagine.

 

I may be wrong but I think the rule is 10% capacity or 3,000 - whichever is smaller.

 

As others have said, it's not like you get 6K at Arsenal, Spurs, etc and 7.8K at Old Trafford.

 

Personally I think 48,000 sounds a bit much for us but I'm sure they've looked at the evidence (at least, I hope so!).

 

I can't see across-the-board ticket price reductions, but maybe a bigger range (both higher and lower) than we have now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

 

I may be wrong but I think the rule is 10% capacity or 3,000 - whichever is smaller.

 

As others have said, it's not like you get 6K at Arsenal, Spurs, etc and 7.8K at Old Trafford.

 

Personally I think 48,000 sounds a bit much for us but I'm sure they've looked at the evidence (at least, I hope so!).

 

I can't see across-the-board ticket price reductions, but maybe a bigger range (both higher and lower) than we have now?

Mate i'm confusing myself going backwards and forwards herelol. I thought that too originally, but then various sources online state 3k or 10% of the ground if more than 30k.

 

https://www.sportseconomics.org/sports-economics/away-fan-ticket-allocation-in-the-premier-league

 

'Away fans in the EPL normally get access to 3,000 tickets per game, or 10% of stadium capacity if greater than 30,000 seats. '

 

Like you say though that can't be right, because we don't get 7k at Old Trafford or 6k at the Emirates.

 

I feel like it's been discussed on here before but I can't remember the exactl rules, it's been a long year.

 

 

EDIT: I've decided it's 3k or 10% of the grounds capacity, if the ground is less than 30k. That'll be my last word on the matter, I'm losing my head :facepalm:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Mate i'm confusing myself going backwards and forwards herelol. I thought that too originally, but then various sources online state 3k or 10% of the ground if more than 30k.

 

https://www.sportseconomics.org/sports-economics/away-fan-ticket-allocation-in-the-premier-league

 

'Away fans in the EPL normally get access to 3,000 tickets per game, or 10% of stadium capacity if greater than 30,000 seats. '

 

Like you say though that can't be right, because we don't get 7k at Old Trafford or 6k at the Emirates.

 

I feel like it's been discussed on here before but I can't remember the exactl rules, it's been a long year.

 

 

EDIT: I've decided it's 3k or 10% of the grounds capacity, if the ground is less than 30k. That'll be my last word on the matter, I'm losing my head :facepalm:

 

Away fans get a minimum of 3,000 tickets if capacity is 30,000 and above. 

 

Less than 30k is 10% or where its deemed safe that fans can be segregated properly and have enough facilities. 

 

Regarding the segregated bit and facilties its the same for above hence why we give an allocation of roughly 3,350 to away fans. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So we've been far too generous to away fans? Don't we currently give them 3,200+? 

We've always maintained that we do things right as a club I've asked the question before and that's the answer I received. I'd love it if we could reduce the away end by 200 or so seats and give them to our own fans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Did I imagine being in the Kop with 42,000 in the ground? Or is my memory playing tricks. (Weller 54 help please)

Feet didn't touch the ground for the whole match. 

Happy days are here again.

Only if you were at the Arsenal FACup match in 1971. Unless it was earlier (before my time). 

 

It was pre-pen days. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Did I imagine being in the Kop with 42,000 in the ground? Or is my memory playing tricks. (Weller 54 help please)

Feet didn't touch the ground for the whole match. 

Happy days are here again.

I can’t answer that but I can remember being in the Kop for a League Cup replay against Liverpool on a crisp autumn night. The attendance was reported as 42,002. 
I watched the whole game sat on my father’s shoulders (bless him, he didn’t even like football!). 
When I saw the attendance I remember telling my Dad that we were the 2!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Gave up my season ticket when I went to university over 10 year ago, playing days coming to an end so I’d be wanting a season ticket again. More chance of getting one with stadium expansion! 

I did similar, studied with the OU in 2007, then had a daughter in 2010, was looking at season tickets 2014/5 when my wife gave up working Saturdays and had no chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I've never seen this before, but I think it's probably from when that plan was leaked a while ago. Sounds like the plans have been updated since. It's from that facebook post linked recently.

 

126998418_3777733892266400_5587641511550843654_o.thumb.jpg.dbb938c0f3755e9a5b2418dfe57b6839.jpg

 

That's the one where some graphic designer or YouTuber or whatever drew up some proposed "what its" for various different stadiums.

 

It's just the Amex stadiums roof bolted onto our stadium :

 

amex-stadium-cover.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, foxinyourbox said:

I really want Top/the club to have the honour of announcing all this.   I'm sure  our expectations will be exceeded whatever the plans/capacity turn out to be.  Fans shouldn't be disappointed if 48k isn't the final figure though.

I'm just hoping it will be at least 1 seat more than Villa Park, making it biggest in the Midlands.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...