Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All the other angles look great but this one not so much... 

The new bits the lipstick the old bits the pig. I'm sure the pig will be eventually replaced by a Stallion.

Just now, TWUKO said:

Looks really impressive, as mentioned, don't think that will add 16k. More like take the whole stand to 16k.

Just wish they'd do a bit more to the north and south stands, even if they just made the roof taller to blend it in and make room for an extra tier in those stands in the future.

Other than that really good!

Give them time.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Someone somewhere is guessing, or it's just one possible potential design.

Yeah absolutely, just obviously this is the only tangible thing we have to go with until further announcements from the club. It could be more detailed info from the original KSS drawing in 2018.

7 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Could it lead them to doing the same to the main stand at a later date ? And that’s how there getting 16k extra! That would be 8k on each then 

Now that would be exciting. Think there’s an issue with the foundations on the west stand but equally if they are prepared to demolish a stand and rebuild it then I don’t see why it can’t be done. It’s hardly in a worst spot than Fulham’s new main stand.

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Could it lead them to doing the same to the main stand at a later date ? And that’s how there getting 16k extra! That would be 8k on each then 

We can't build on the main stand. Too much glass on there for one. 

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Now that would be exciting. Think there’s an issue with the foundations on the west stand but equally if they are prepared to demolish a stand and rebuild it then I don’t see why it can’t be done. It’s hardly in a worst spot than Fulham’s new main stand.

Exactly and then it becomes a stadium that looks amazing from all angles!! Move all hospitality and reception/dressing rooms etc to the new stand which they are! So that would leave an entire stand empty ready for work! 

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

We can't build on the main stand. Too much glass on there for one. 

If the East Stand and Training Centre replaces a lot of the 'business' accommodation they could eventually knock it down and rebuild, I wouldn't be surprised.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

These are doing the rounds. 

20201123_090021.jpg

20201123_090018.jpg

20201123_090016.jpg

20201123_090014.jpg

I kinda like it, though it seems like an early artist impression to me. Like others have said there's definitely not enough seats there for what we've heard. Or hospitality, which is where we'll make the money. Also, I thought the tunnel and club operations base was going to be moved that side?

Just now, Cameron Davidson said:

I know it has issues, but someone tell me what the problems are with the foundations? I remember that it was mentioned before and that is one reason they cant do music there.... haven’t read specifics though....

Kasabian played at the stadium ..

10 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

I know it has issues, but someone tell me what the problems are with the foundations? I remember that it was mentioned before and that is one reason they cant do music there.... haven’t read specifics though....

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Kasabian played at the stadium ..

2 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

Good point

I stayed on the pitch. Wasn't sure if the stands were going to fall down. I've felt the Wharf Wobble on several occasions in the Kop.