Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, Billynomates said:

The original stadium build had ‘future expansion allowance’ removed from the foundations so they’re not big enough for additional load.

hence the knock it down and build again approach.

What happened to the 16k extra seats you said? I was ecstatic with that! And £200 mil seems steep for the extra 10k, a lot of money unless its for the whole land parcel.

35 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Looks to me like there’s a bit of expansion on the north stand there with an overhang out the back out it. Looks like that could potentially be where some extra seats come from? (A small upper tier on the Family Stand)

I see what you mean, but I think that's just to tidy up the appearance from the outside. You can see from the straight-on view of the East stand from inside that the north and south stands are the same as they are now.

A couple of people have mentioned a plan for 48k seats. These pictures clearly aren't from that plan, but we don't know the plan these pictures show are what they are going with.

Someone must have their wires crossed with this whole 16000 seats thing. Just cannot see how we'd fit an extra 16000 seats in developing 1 stand. It has to be more likely that the new stand will hold 16000 seats in total, making our new capacity between 40000-42000. 

Assuming the east stand currently holds roughly between 9000-10000  adding another 16000 seats would mean an absolutely gargantuan stand that would completely dwarf the rest of the stadium and would make it one of, if not the, biggest stands in the country.

To put that into perspective Tottenhams South stand holds around 17500, which I think is the biggest single tiered stand, and the Alex Fergus stand at Man U holds around 25000. And thats a massive, 3 tiered stand. I remember my 1st trip to Old Trafford, not long after it had been completed and quite clearly remember seeing Muzzy Izzet mouth the words "f**c me!" when he saw it :D

fit.png

2oldtraffordnorthstand.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I am not sure what taking money from the club means!!!

Are you suggesting that the clubs finance is raided in order to meet the cost or we use the revenue from our league  position finish to pay.

As a model of self sustainability we cannot afford to contribute from our income anything to help with this cost.

I would  be shocked and incredibly grateful should the owners choose to once again invest in us by putting their hands in their own pockets once again. 

I don't know exactly how it works but as the club doesn't own the ground, King Power do, I assume King Power charge them rent or a percentage of the gate money. If the ground is improved then the tenets will have to pay for that from income. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Someone must have their wires crossed with this whole 16000 seats thing. Just cannot see how we'd fit an extra 16000 seats in developing 1 stand. It has to be more likely that the new stand will hold 16000 seats in total, making our new capacity between 40000-42000. 

Assuming the east stand currently holds roughly between 9000-10000  adding another 16000 seats would mean an absolutely gargantuan stand that would completely dwarf the rest of the stadium and would make it one of, if not the, biggest stands in the country.

To put that into perspective Tottenhams South stand holds around 17500, which I think is the biggest single tiered stand, and the Alex Fergus stand at Man U holds around 25000. And thats a massive, 3 tiered stand. I remember my 1st trip to Old Trafford, not long after it had been completed and quite clearly remember seeing Muzzy Izzet mouth the words "f**c me!" when he saw it :D

fit.png

2oldtraffordnorthstand.jpg

@Billynomates has said the plans are for an extra 16k seats, taking the total to 48k, but I don't think he has specified whether that's all on just the east stand. Someone else has since said that possible plans to add 16k seats would also mean the north and south stands were expanded.

My guess is that the images posted today are of an old design, or one possible option of several. That expansion of the east stand I think would only add around 8k seats. Perhaps this will be done first, so that we can see how often we can fill a ~40k stadium before expanding another stand.

7 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I’ve done a very very rough idea of how the ground would look if you copied the stands. I think it would look a lot better.

Then i would have the blue cladding come from the west stand overlapping the exposed north and south stands.

6EFEB09C-D63B-4287-8E92-AD05691A94D4.jpeg

EHLqDUQXUAIa1he.jpg

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't know exactly how it works but as the club doesn't own the ground, King Power do, I assume King Power charge them rent or a percentage of the gate money. If the ground is improved then the tenets will have to pay for that from income. 

...I would think that on the Club Balance Sheet, the stadium would be down as an asset and the £100m debt probably down as shares.

However if the ground is owned by King Power  then I can understand where you are coming from. Conversely, in view of sustainability would King Power wish to burden the club with an increased rental charge.

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

What happened to the 16k extra seats you said? I was ecstatic with that! And £200 mil seems steep for the extra 10k, a lot of money unless its for the whole land parcel.

When I know more. It’s not just seats for that money, it’s the entire development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'THFC financial results out today for the year ending June 2020. Overall the club is reporting a loss of £63.9m in contrast to last year's profit of £68.6m. The club is predicting a loss of £150m next season if fans are not allowed back. On the up side - match day and catering receipts were £81.9m for the 14 Premier League games before COVID kicked in. That’s £5.85m per game. Astonishing.'

Read the above statement if you're still wondering why we need to expand the stadium. We're so far behind the top 6/7 in terms of match day income, expanding will help bridge this gap and provide more stable income in the long term.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I’ve done a very very rough idea of how the ground would look if you copied the stands. I think it would look a lot better.

Then i would have the blue cladding come from the west stand overlapping the exposed north and south stands.

Imagine what that looks like top down....

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'THFC financial results out today for the year ending June 2020. Overall the club is reporting a loss of £63.9m in contrast to last year's profit of £68.6m. The club is predicting a loss of £150m next season if fans are not allowed back. On the up side - match day and catering receipts were £81.9m for the 14 Premier League games before COVID kicked in. That’s £5.85m per game. Astonishing.'

Read the above statement if you're still wondering why we need to expand the stadium. We're so far behind the top 6/7 in terms of match day income, expanding will help bridge this gap and provide more stable income in the long term.

That is astonishing. 60,000 people spending and average of £97 each per match.....

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Corporate will be where the money's at, especially in London.

Corporate and hospitality is an absolute money spinner. I bought hospitality for a Fulham match (it was a present), when they were in the Championship, just in the casual bar -  match ticket, beer, hot buffet lunch, programme and players visit post match - £115. After promotion to PL it increased but without the player visits to £250. The Lounge Hospitality was double that.

I remember comparing our prices for the Fulham match in 2019 and it was lower including a seated meal.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Nah mate. That’ll look like a fanny  on google earth.

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Corporate and hospitality is an absolute money spinner. I bought hospitality for a Fulham match (it was a present), when they were in the Championship, just in the casual bar -  match ticket, beer, hot buffet lunch, programme and players visit post match - £115. After promotion to PL it increased but without the player visits to £250. The Lounge Hospitality was double that.

I remember comparing our prices for the Fulham match in 2019 and it was lower including a seated meal.

Corporate is insane. Usually your club seats and boxes are generating 90 percent of income. But even in general seating, making it easier to buy food and drink and making the food desirable (neat trick, would be great if the King Power would learn it) can really add the £££. Also, being able to buy merchandise once in the ground would also increase revenue. 

• Like 1