Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

5 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

I’ve done a very very rough idea of how the ground would look if you copied the stands. I think it would look a lot better.

Then i would have the blue cladding come from the west stand overlapping the exposed north and south stands.

6EFEB09C-D63B-4287-8E92-AD05691A94D4.jpeg

£200m development and it STILL looks like those in the first couple of rows will get rained on...

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, MPH said:

£200m development and it STILL looks like those in the first couple of rows will get rained on...

I have a feeling they've cut the roof line back for similar proposed extensions in the future for the north and south stands as well.

4 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Corporate is insane. Usually your club seats and boxes are generating 90 percent of income. But even in general seating, making it easier to buy food and drink and making the food desirable (neat trick, would be great if the King Power would learn it) can really add the £££. Also, being able to buy merchandise once in the ground would also increase revenue. 

I still find it astonishing that as our owners are retail experts,  the purchasing of food, drink and merchandise is substandard. There's a fortune to be made there if done well but we do it very badly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'THFC financial results out today for the year ending June 2020. Overall the club is reporting a loss of £63.9m in contrast to last year's profit of £68.6m. The club is predicting a loss of £150m next season if fans are not allowed back. On the up side - match day and catering receipts were £81.9m for the 14 Premier League games before COVID kicked in. That’s £5.85m per game. Astonishing.'

Read the above statement if you're still wondering why we need to expand the stadium. We're so far behind the top 6/7 in terms of match day income, expanding will help bridge this gap and provide more stable income in the long term.

Am I the only one who secretly wants the lockdown to continue indefinitely just so we can bankrupt Spurs? I mean I’m not saying I’m going to go to their first game back and cough on everyone but if I have to....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I still find it astonishing that as our owners are retail experts,  the purchasing of food, drink and merchandise is substandard. There's a fortune to be made there if done well but we do it very badly. 

Didn't we sign a ridiculously long contract with Compass before Vichai and co took over? I'm pretty sure that contract is ending soon and something better will come in (PLEASE). Compass are shite. My work canteen recently switched to them and everything went to shit immediately.

21 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Didn't we sign a ridiculously long contract with Compass before Vichai and co took over? I'm pretty sure that contract is ending soon and something better will come in (PLEASE). Compass are shite. My work canteen recently switched to them and everything went to shit immediately.

The only thing I know about Compass, is that I remember applying for a job with them (can't remember any more than that) that I didn't get before I worked for Samworths (@Charnwood Bakery).  Sounds like I missed a bad thing :P 

13 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah all this makes me want to break the PS2 out for LMA 2007.

I thought this too.

The fact a game that long ago had cool features like that and now we just have pages and pages full of stats is one of the many reasons i hate that Football Manager just gobbled up all its competitors. Now we just get virtually the same game every year and not much character to anything.

LMA was great. You've just made me miss it even more. 

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

OK so who'l be the first to smash a light? 

14 hours ago, Strokes said:

Jeff schlupp returns for the grand opening.

13 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Kasper, trying to find Maddison's head...

Huth - coming back as Free Kick coach :)

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

This is especially true when you consider many of the new mega-stadiums in the US function almost like duty free shops at airports once you go inside -- and it makes sense: "Captive" costumers with time to waste and money to burn.

• Like 1

Expect it to look very much like the King Power Bankok airport exterior, its amazing how we originally got away with paying just over £20 million for the construction of the stadium. We need a massive project like this if we want to compete with the top 6 and attract World class players 

Rangnam-2.png

Edited by Jace
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

I’ve done a very very rough idea of how the ground would look if you copied the stands. I think it would look a lot better.

Then i would have the blue cladding come from the west stand overlapping the exposed north and south stands.

It looks pretty decent at least it doesn’t look like a huge Toilet seat alike  Stadium Spud 🥔 a great looking stadium with a stupid looking top to it that resembles a bog seat !!

73B39995-4E4C-4041-92D3-911C7BE9CEFF.jpeg

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

This is especially true when you consider many of the new mega-stadiums in the US function almost like duty free shops at airports once you go inside -- and it makes sense: "Captive" costumers with time to waste and money to burn.

I think stadia builds and expansions are so expensive these days for that reason. Wider concourses add so much to the build cost.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kopic said:

I can't say how, but over the course of the last year from a professional standpoint I have been forced to conclude that they are incompetent... 

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I can't say how, but over the course of the last year from a professional standpoint I have been forced to conclude that they are incompetent... 

I can say how, that by visiting the stadium, over the course of the last few years have equally concluded that they are incompetent...

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2020 at 12:43, Fox in the North said:

mantis.JPG.2990e71f054c5552c8a719bc382643a8.JPG

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, justfoxes said:

It looks pretty decent at least it doesn’t look like a huge Toilet seat alike  Stadium Spud 🥔 a great looking stadium with a stupid looking top to it that resembles a bog seat !!

Pity they didn’t put a roof on it would have been even more like a bog seat !

On 24/11/2020 at 05:19, turtmcfly said:

A very rough idea... four stands... etc...

article-0-0047BE7000000258-535_224x323.j

What's my ex Mother -in- Law got to do with our stadium expansion ffs??

22 hours ago, justfoxes said:

A place full of shit