Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

In isolation the East stand looks interesting but in the context of the rest of stadium it looks rubbish. Not keen. 

Looks ambitious though, which is good.

I think they’d need to replace the roof all the way round with the blue glass for it to look right?

32 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Anyone else noticed the two buildings facing the new stand? Looks like the arena and hotel are definitely part of the plans. I still think there will be quite a few differences in the final plans tho. 

Eagled eye there lad! It does indeed.

This speculation comes up every now and then with more unofficial artist impressions escaping and hot threads. And then nothing.... zzzzzzzzzz

Probably have to expect a few more speculation spikes until we get a club announcement. The whole thing is probably still years away, if ever. Or is it? 

16 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

This speculation comes up every now and then with more unofficial artist impressions escaping and hot threads. And then nothing.... zzzzzzzzzz

Probably have to expect a few more speculation spikes until we get a club announcement. The whole thing is probably still years away, if ever. Or is it? 

They've probably got everything ready to go but are just waiting to announce it just for the next pandemic to come along.

3k8ymn.png

• Haha 1

Someone else has said it on the skyscrapercity forum but I hope we go  for standard coloured ETFE for the roof and then use a lighting scheme to change the colour of the roof. So like they do at Allianz Arena.

Also would be good if this preludes more redevelopment on the other stands as this stand on its own is going to make the ground look very odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Someone else has said it on the skyscrapercity forum but I hope we go  for standard coloured ETFE for the roof and then use a lighting scheme to change the colour of the roof. So like they do at Allianz Arena.

Also would be good if this preludes more redevelopment on the other stands as this stand on its own is going to make the ground look very odd.

Just reading up a little bit on this. Would more advanced us of LEDs be possible? As in, not just changeable lighting schemes, but showing full on displays like those on the seats at the London Olympics? I guess what I'm getting at is could the whole thing be used as a massive screen?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Anyone else noticed the two buildings facing the new stand? Looks like the arena and hotel are definitely part of the plans. I still think there will be quite a few differences in the final plans tho. 

Chances are they'll largely be developing the design of the whole masterplan, including those two buildings, simultaneously up to the level of detail required for planning. Based on what we've heard already they're obviously doing more than just the stadium and it'll all be considered as one scheme so that all the infrastructure can be assessed too.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just reading up a little bit on this. Would more advanced us of LEDs be possible? As in, not just changeable lighting schemes, but showing full on displays like those on the seats at the London Olympics? I guess what I'm getting at is could the whole thing be used as a massive screen?

I don't imagine that's the intention. It certainly won't show anything with complex graphics that's for sure. Looks very much like it's using ETFE which is on the training facility (inflated translucent plastic pillows). They are curved which would obviously distort any image and to make them light up I'm pretty sure the lights are all very close to the pillows, if not within the actual framework somewhere. Projecting onto them from any sort of distance won't give you a very good image.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

If it is an ETFE roof as it looks little only look that bright blue at night/during games etc

the rest of the time it’ll look a bit more subtle/translucent. Like the Allianz Arena?

D28A1326-7E8C-4833-A110-5AD16FEAA3E4.jpeg

Think it would look mint with the west stand done the same and the blue roof put on the south and north stand

7 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Think it would look mint with the west stand done the same and the blue roof put on the south and north stand

I think if the ultimate vision is to have the EFTE wrapped around the whole stadium it will look very nice in the end. Right now it will just look a bit odd.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Lets not kid ourselves, its UGLY.

I'm sure it'll look better when they update the other 3 stands to blend in with this one.

At the moment it's lipstick on a pig, wait until they've done the rest the make up before deciding.

Besides this may not be how it's going to be.

• Like 1

I think it looks great from the outside, but let's face it, if that design is correct the reality is it's simply a curved upper tier on one side of the existing ground. That's not unique at all - it doesn't even capitalise on the space as well as a straight-edged tier would. So, initially impressed but, when you think about the practicalities, it's underwhelming.