Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

36 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Been working the National Grid building opposite the east stand and it has been sold to the club (not sure if this is common knowledge or not) and they are due to move out in Feb/March according to the guy showing me around.

I remember that December was rumoured to be the month the sale would take place. Although I thought that was last year. 

39 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Been working the National Grid building opposite the east stand and it has been sold to the club (not sure if this is common knowledge or not) and they are due to move out in Feb/March according to the guy showing me around.

Sounds promising for all the timelines of construction starting being mentioned then! :scarf:

42 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Awesome news. Is there any update if EON building on the corner is being sold at all too?

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m just surprised we haven’t seen anything regarding planning applications yet. Unless I’ve missed them.

I remember seeing a document with regards to the regeneration of Leicester and this whole area around the KP was mentioned, and being actively supported by the council. So hopefully its just a formality once the plans go through?

42 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Awesome news. Is there any update if EON building on the corner is being sold at all too?

I used to work for them and my missus still does.

They're making 100's of redundancies and selling many of their offices off. I believe the Leicester one is included. No idea on timescales though.

• Thanks 1

Seen a fair few people suggest the images aren't genuine/to wait and see which I appreciate, but looking at the visuals coupled with this drawing below from the training ground thread that someone posted a while back and it seems to me that we're going to get something submitted to LCC planning that looks pretty close to this. I'd say this is all pretty advanced and based on info others have posted about timelines, it makes a lot of sense.

The numbers/letter below relate to international software protocols for file naming. The bits just above the new roof are the staircases shown in the visuals.

41B0AA1B-1C7B-4199-944D-0E6F98B036FE.jpeg

• Like 1

I think the draft images were just that - draft. I think you could certainly get 14'000 to 16'000 extra in it. 

If you look at the internal pitch elevation you'll see that it doesn't match the elevations/roof which wraps itself around the whole building from end to end. This is where you get an extra 2-3'000 seats formby straightening the corners going up. As the upper tier rises up you would obviously get more seats because it wouldn't be an amex style expansion and it would have more more width. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if the extension is indeed around 44-46'000 seater stadium.

51 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Seen a fair few people suggest the images aren't genuine/to wait and see which I appreciate, but looking at the visuals coupled with this drawing below from the training ground thread that someone posted a while back and it seems to me that we're going to get something submitted to LCC planning that looks pretty close to this. I'd say this is all pretty advanced and based on info others have posted about timelines, it makes a lot of sense.

The numbers/letter below relate to international software protocols for file naming. The bits just above the new roof are the staircases shown in the visuals.

FOR GOD'S SAKE AJ CHARGE YOUR BLOODY PHONE

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Let’s remember what a huge favour Kingpower are doing for the city! Let alone the club. This brownfield site with the council involved and the fact huge developments like this are politically only given to London,Birmingham,Manchester,Nottingham picked as hotspots for mega money developments. This would of become one of 3 things 1) giant hardcore car park 2)affordable ugly houses or 3)industrial units. Kingpower will create a destination that works 7 days a week for the city’s economy and create a landmark for the city. This is currently a brownfield site/and a stadium that looks like something from an industrial estate. Huge credit to the owners yet again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Let’s remember what a huge favour Kingpower are doing for the city! Let alone the club. This brownfield site with the council involved and the fact huge developments like this are politically only given to London,Birmingham,Manchester,Nottingham picked as hotspots for mega money developments. This would of become one of 3 things 1) giant hardcore car park 2)affordable ugly houses or 3)industrial units. Kingpower will create a destination that works 7 days a week for the city’s economy and create a landmark for the city. This is currently a brownfield site/and a stadium that looks like something from an industrial estate. Huge credit to the owners yet again

... and you can be sure if those affordable ugly houses are ever built the owners will be objecting vociferously to any future stadium expansion plans (and most likely to curtail its current use). Seems to be the way it works. 

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Also clear from that that the North and South stands are being extended to line through with the corners of the west stand. They may just be extending the concourses, but I doubt it somehow and some of the new seats will be accommodated here.