Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

Just now, Fox in the North said:

Wont this count as the owner infrastructure so the club itself can still invest in playing staff?

Yes if the owners want to gift us the finances or let us pay it off over 50 years but in reality they'll probably do it like they have with the training ground in the midst of us being a self sufficient club and we will likely be paying it back over a shorter period which will impact on our disposable income.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just bloody remember that when this does start and is costing the best part of £200m, that you try and refrain yourself when we haven't signed 3 players on transfer deadline day that we don't really need. 

We all know that will fail....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

When this has been finished and we’ve spent the best part of £200m please refrain from pissing in the sink and having a fag in the bog have some respect and use the facilities wisely.

I see pissing in the sink as an improvement from pissing on the floor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes if the owners want to gift us the finances or let us pay it off over 50 years but in reality they'll probably do it like they have with the training ground in the midst of us being a self sufficient club and we will likely be paying it back over a shorter period which will impact on our disposable income.

We will have larger disposable income with extra seats ...

Guest Markyblue
7 hours ago, davieG said:

I see pissing in the sink as an improvement from pissing on the floor.

Too right save pissing on the floor for visits to the city ground, if you can hold it for the next 10 years.

On 27/11/2020 at 18:41, Plastik Man said:

From what I've heard adding a Leicester bound junction is feasible, though it does look tricky on Google maps without drastic changes to the industrial estate. 

Soulsby has been quoted as being keen on re-opening the line, it's the county council that seem less keen. If it happens it will take years, you can't just build a new junction, and you'd still need to fund an actual train service. I recall there being a train stop behind the Ricoh Arena, yet trains hardly ever actually stop there. Why would you!

It would be great if it comes to fruition, if it was used. Much of the line is just single track, which would restrict the number of trains running. My only reservation is that it runs past the bottom of my garden!

Us too, how much do you think it will cost you personally. I've got a figure of approx 5% in my head, so that's a 10kish loss. Aside from the obvious benefits of train transport generally, it is a net transfer from property owners within the city to those outside.

It reminds me of the constant whinging from residents of elsewhere about cycle lanes in Leicester, which benefit local people but inconvenience visitors and commuters.

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We will have larger disposable income with extra seats ...

Only when it is finished and even then an extra 16k x 20-25 games (few cup games) it would be somewhat less than our yearly loan repayments unless we can pay it back interest free or over 20+ years.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Only when it is finished and even then an extra 16k x 20-25 games (few cup games) it would be somewhat less than our yearly loan repayments unless we can pay it back interest free or over 20+ years.

Can’t see what the problem is in paying it back over twenty years in an era of v low interest rates ......annual interest no more than seven mill and dropping each year unless you get a deal that averages the interest out over the term in which case it’s less than seven.  I can’t see the increased income being below 10m per season. so we would be left to fund the seven mill interest each season (and dropping) from existing income - and in twenty years time it’s paid for.  that’s easily manageable. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t see what the problem is in paying it back over twenty years in an era of v low interest rates ......annual interest no more than seven mill and dropping each year unless you get a deal that averages the interest out over the term in which case it’s less than seven.  I can’t see the increased income being below 10m per season. so we would be left to fund the seven mill interest each season (and dropping) from existing income - and in twenty years time it’s paid for.  that’s easily manageable. 

As long as the interest rate doesn't go up and we continue to fill the stadium. We wouldn't get 48,000 in the championship. 

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The way things are at the moment, you could feasibly borrow 200 mill fixed for twenty years at 3.5% ! The loan secured on the stadium. 

Probably most of that 200 million is the cost of the rest of the development, the arena and hotel. King Power own the stadium so the club wouldn't be liable for all the costs, but its a bit naive not to be little concerned about the finances. It's not like we don't have experience of stadium costs almost putting the club out of business. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Us too, how much do you think it will cost you personally. I've got a figure of approx 5% in my head, so that's a 10kish loss. Aside from the obvious benefits of train transport generally, it is a net transfer from property owners within the city to those outside.

It reminds me of the constant whinging from residents of elsewhere about cycle lanes in Leicester, which benefit local people but inconvenience visitors and commuters.

I try to be relaxed about it. To be honest, if the line was opened it wouldn't have that many trains, and they'd be small and quite slow. 

Now, the new temporary bike lane on the front, sharing the pavement with pedestrians... ! 

15 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

I try to be relaxed about it. To be honest, if the line was opened it wouldn't have that many trains, and they'd be small and quite slow. 

Now, the new temporary bike lane on the front, sharing the pavement with pedestrians... ! 

Yeah, if I lived 2 streets away I'd be all in favour. If they, for example, doubled the current traffic it wouldn't be a problem, so it might be that the proposals won't change things too much.

We have a bit of evidence of historic movement and cracking in the property, possibly from before the line was re-bedded (10 or 15 years ago I think), which apparently improved the impact of the heavy quarry trains. I'd say the line is about 10m from the back of the house itself.

The temp bike lanes are a bit random, for sure..

I wonder if the club have considered relocating the season ticket holders so the whole of the kop could have rail seating put in like they did at wolves with the Jack Harris stand.  I'd imagine it would have to be led by the fans though, and we're not the most forthcoming.

They have also installed the rails at Wimbledons new stadium.

8jgjL6E.jpg

We'd have the best atmosphere in the league if they did...well once fans go back that is.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder if the club have considered relocating the season ticket holders so the whole of the kop could have rail seating put in like they did at wolves with the Jack Harris stand.  I'd imagine it would have to be led by the fans though, and we're not the most forthcoming.

8jgjL6E.jpg

We'd have the best atmosphere in the league if they did...well once fans go back that is.

They'll have to try something as I doubt they'll want L1/K block as the unofficial standing section in a new stand 

36 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

8jgjL6E.jpg

They'll be a lot of resistance to that, they'd also have to make the pricing the same.

On 29/11/2020 at 11:21, sphericalfox said:

Whilst there's no reason to believe this won't affect our transfer budgets, there's a couple of factors that will mitigate against the overall cost. It's obviously a long-term investment. A hotel/event complex will eventually return on the investment.

We will soon be entering a different phase of recruitment. Our training centre is complete, and I suspect we'll be mostly buying in youth prospects, with an occasional supplement where necessary in the 1st team. This is long-term, but hopefully a relatively fast-track approach. It does mean the occasional eye-watering sale of our key players. But as long as we hold the cards and have a replacement either read-made, or ready-scouted and lined up, I have no concerns (given or recent ability to achieve this) if this is our approach, as we'll hopefully be an exciting team to watch as these players do come through, or given our club's new training centre, and stadium plans we can fight with best for prospects that may have been out our reach previously.

I agree with the transfers as a long term basis using youth and trusting in our scouting system but as @Ric Flair has been saying, its all well and good having a good scouting system but if it isn't managed in the right way, I.e. whether the player is correctly placed on the team finges or in the academy and whether the players are signed off cash wise by the academy manager instead of rudkin who I'm guessing will sanction these players and effectively control how our academy is requires to evolve then we'll end up wasting time and resources by youth player sales getting managed by the wrong people as is presently the case. But there will also be times when we need to spend a good amount of cash every now and then when we lack experience in a certain area I.e. LB.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 11:21, sphericalfox said:

Whilst there's no reason to believe this won't affect our transfer budgets, there's a couple of factors that will mitigate against the overall cost. It's obviously a long-term investment. A hotel/event complex will eventually return on the investment.

We will soon be entering a different phase of recruitment. Our training centre is complete, and I suspect we'll be mostly buying in youth prospects, with an occasional supplement where necessary in the 1st team. This is long-term, but hopefully a relatively fast-track approach. It does mean the occasional eye-watering sale of our key players. But as long as we hold the cards and have a replacement either read-made, or ready-scouted and lined up, I have no concerns (given or recent ability to achieve this) if this is our approach, as we'll hopefully be an exciting team to watch as these players do come through, or given our club's new training centre, and stadium plans we can fight with best for prospects that may have been out our reach previously.

Todays announcement that no under 18 foreign players can be signed from January onwards will have a huge impact to this, another reason we need to use our position as the best club in the midlands to get the best youngsters in the area, hopefully this is already happening. West Brom and Derby's academies are brilliantly ran.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Todays announcement that no under 18 foreign players can be signed from January onwards will have a huge impact to this, another reason we need to use our position as the best club in the midlands to get the best youngsters in the area, hopefully this is already happening. West Brom and Derby's academies are brilliantly ran.

Maybe we'll wangle them through Leuven?

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 2