Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Todays announcement that no under 18 foreign players can be signed from January onwards will have a huge impact to this, another reason we need to use our position as the best club in the midlands to get the best youngsters in the area, hopefully this is already happening. West Brom and Derby's academies are brilliantly ran.

2 Different metrics.

Leicester do well (8/10 if I had to score) in the recruitment of the players they want.

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Todays announcement that no under 18 foreign players can be signed from January onwards will have a huge impact to this, another reason we need to use our position as the best club in the midlands to get the best youngsters in the area, hopefully this is already happening. West Brom and Derby's academies are brilliantly ran.

Out of interested, how do you judge a academy is brilliantly run?

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

Anyone heard any updates on this now Seagrave is open and Evans is signed up?   Next on the agenda?

It's an odd one, isn't it? Do they throw caution to the wind and start the extension despite the outlay in cost, banking on the notion that work might be completed or at least be able to be done with limited disruption due to a delay in return to crowd capacity, and the summer break, compounded by the idea that there will be greater demand for tickets following the virus?

Or is it simply too bigger gamble and too much outlay right now and something for summer 2022?

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

Anyone heard any updates on this now Seagrave is open and Evans is signed up?   Next on the agenda?

I think the last we heard was that there'd be some news by the end of the year. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon.

Could still be a couple of years off, at this rate. So many logistical issues to consider, then throw in Brexit and covid. I reckon they'd want at least a solid season of crowds being back in before even spending a penny. No idea how this might play out over the next few years.

Just now, Strokes said:

National grid don’t move out until March, I wouldn’t expect much activity until then at the earliest.

If they want to start in March then the plans will have to into the council very quickly and hope there's no significant hold ups.

Just now, davieG said:

If they want to start in March then the plans will have to into the council very quickly and hope there's no significant hold ups.

I assumed the planning wont go in until the building has vacated.

I’m not sure on the details but I suspect they won’t officially own it until then. Let’s just hope sufficient consultation with the council has taken place before the application so we get swift approval to proceed.

I heard there'd been a bit of a stand off with the company who were lined up to build it. Not sure if we are now seeking a new construction company or it will be resolved. Those plans that did the rounds a few months ago were quite old and it had all changed again.

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I assumed the planning wont go in until the building has vacated.

I’m not sure on the details but I suspect they won’t officially own it until then. Let’s just hope sufficient consultation with the council has taken place before the application so we get swift approval to proceed.

Not sure why they would, there must be many scenarios where property purchases subject to planning approval.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Possibly, I guess that may have been naivety on my part.

I'm not sure it will be problem as such as I'm sure from the Council's perspective it's all been pre-planned by the Planning Dept so will just need the full Council to approve it subject to any objections. They'll need to allow time for those objections, not sure what's considered 'normal' but the Council themselves often put plans out that are just rubber stamping jobs but are then put out for public consultation like St Margaret's Bus Station rebuild.