Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Does anyone know if the burger vans outside the ground are part of the catering contract with Compass? 

I've said it elsewhere - you can contact plenty of street food vendors to jazz up the food and booze options. The retail prices won't be cheaper but the quality would be far, far better than what's served. 

No, they’re independent. They’re also told what the minimum they’re allowed to charge by the club. Which is why it’s dearer outside than inside. 

1 hour ago, Snik-Snok said:

Surely the ideal scenario would be for the whole of the south stand to ultimately be converted to standing. There'll be enough room around the other 3 sides of the ground for those that prefer to sit. A nice new low roof to hold the noise in would be nice too. 

Personally, with another tier being added, I'll like to also see the back half of the current East stand (or lower tier as it will become) converted to standing too. 

Shift the away fans down to the other end of the end stand too, and it would be perfect. 

I have sat in SK3 since I relocated my seat from Filbert st, so I would not appreciate being shifted to other parts of the ground at double the price. When I see the boozers staggering in and out before, after, and during the match I recall those horrific scenes at Hillsborough that bought about all seater stadia. Excessive drink and sports events just don't work where I am concerned. Sorry but I believe I am entitled to an opinion and welcome the club's survey to put the demand for standing to supporters.

2 minutes ago, foxgas said:

I have sat in SK3 since I relocated my seat from Filbert st, so I would not appreciate being shifted to other parts of the ground at double the price. When I see the boozers staggering in and out before, after, and during the match I recall those horrific scenes at Hillsborough that bought about all seater stadia. Excessive drink and sports events just don't work where I am concerned. Sorry but I believe I am entitled to an opinion and welcome the club's survey to put the demand for standing to supporters.

Really not a good comparison with Hillsborough. :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Anyone still not had the survey?:dunno:

Me neither, however when I checked my spam folder I’d received a message from a lovely sounding girl called Lydia who lives in South America, she’s ‘made her mind up that she desires only me’. I feel this could be love. I think I’ll send her a pink cap as a token of my devotion.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, foxgas said:

The comparisons to Hillsborough seems extreme and disrespectful.

Yes you're entitled to your opinion, but I have to say that other sports allow drinking and carry on fine. You may not appreciate it and don't have to join in. But just as you dislike it, doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by others.

I'm sure the club would come up with a suggestion for setting up a standing area and any movement of those who weren't wanting to stand. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes you're entitled to your opinion, but I have to say that other sports allow drinking and carry on fine. You may not appreciate it and don't have to join in. But just as you dislike it, doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by others.

I'm sure the club would come up with a suggestion for setting up a standing area and any movement of those who weren't wanting to stand. 

Maybe they could put high chairs in the safe standing area for those that don’t want to stand or move to another part of the ground. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Maybe they could put high chairs in the safe standing area for those that don’t want to stand or move to another part of the ground. :ph34r:

It's understandable not wanting to move, but it's what may happen with the ground extension.

I was shifted out the family end or would've been next year with my brother turning 18 soon. Quite liked my seats but its something you have to accept 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I stand at Rugby Union,League and  non league football and enjoy a pint on open terraces and have never had an issue with it and rarely see anyone the worse for drink but on Sunday normal service resumed at the King Power, with people the worse for drink and anti social  behaviour in abundance.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's understandable not wanting to move, but it's what may happen with the ground extension.

I was shifted out the family end or would've been next year with my brother turning 18 soon. Quite liked my seats but its something you have to accept 

Ha, I can remember the day I left the carling stand and moved into the kop, how old do you make me feel. lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Ha, I can remember the day I left the carling stand and moved into the kop, how old do you make me feel. lol 

I was like 5 when we moved grounds lol

We've moved into the Kop this year, first time I've consistently not been in the family stand since i started going

9 minutes ago, foxgas said:

I stand at Rugby Union,League and  non league football and enjoy a pint on open terraces and have never had an issue with it and rarely see anyone the worse for drink but on Sunday normal service resumed at the King Power, with people the worse for drink and anti social  behaviour in abundance.

l sit in the Kop and don't remember seeing anyone too worse for wear.

Most people are just stood outside having a pint and a chat, just as in the other sports you mentioned. 

There's always a few who are dicks, but in abundance is OTT.  What are you classing as anti social behaviour? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I was like 5 when we moved grounds lol

We've moved into the Kop this year, first time I've consistently not been in the family stand since i started going

I feel a little bit younger now lol 

When I left the relative luxury of the carling stand to the kop it was like moving to a different world, the Wild West lol but as a 17 year old it was everything I’d hoped it would be, dirty, rough and smelly but intense and wildly passionate and the last few years there when we had the whole kop it was bloody loud under that low roof.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I feel a little bit younger now lol 

When I left the relative luxury of the carling stand to the kop it was like moving to a different world, the Wild West lol but as a 17 year old it was everything I’d hoped it would be, dirty, rough and smelly but intense and wildly passionate and the last few years there when we had the whole kop it was bloody loud under that low roof.

I always wish I'd had the chance to visit Filbert street before it was demolished, everyone always raves about it and I never saw it in person. 

The Kop now is a bit louder than the family end, but wouldnt describe it as vastly different anymore.