Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

6 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Bloody hope they hurry up with the expansion. I’m sick and tired of the same guy slapping my arse when I leave my seat to go to the toilet or get a beer. Not only is it degrading but it’s bloody embarrassing, especially when I know hundreds of people are watching. 

Unfathomable, is this satire? 😆 

If they are going to renovate the stadium expansion and associated land then I would for one prefer it if they applied now and no later. This would obviously reveal all the details and cgi's but any later and they risk not being able to put shovels in the ground at the start of summer due to planning app time constraints. They have spent circa £3mill on architectural drawings so far so they cant be far off. They must be delaying the planning app for some reason.

16 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

If they are going to renovate the stadium expansion and associated land then I would for one prefer it if they applied now and no later. This would obviously reveal all the details and cgi's but any later and they risk not being able to put shovels in the ground at the start of summer due to planning app time constraints. They have spent circa £3mill on architectural drawings so far so they cant be far off. They must be delaying the planning app for some reason.

How do you know this?

26 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I guess one big reason is obviously covid. We don't know how fans will return to football, and if there'll be changes to that and our usual system. God forbid that happens, but it's something to consider rather than spending millions renovating to then need to renovate further  

29 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

They’ve been working with the council throughout the whole process to make sure it’s compliant with everything and ready to go; all they’d need to do is post the planning application online for the various comments from neighbours etc. The current delay is probably down to uncertainty over COVID. No point in making room for 16,000 more fans if we can’t have anyone in safely to begin with. Might as well ride it out until fans are able to return, even though now would be a perfect time to rebuild. No point wasting money. 

13 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

How do you know this?

It was in the latest annual accounts released on Companies House. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Bloody hope they hurry up with the expansion. I’m sick and tired of the same guy slapping my arse when I leave my seat to go to the toilet or get a beer. Not only is it degrading but it’s bloody embarrassing, especially when I know hundreds of people are watching. 

I thought you liked it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They’ve been working with the council throughout the whole process to make sure it’s compliant with everything and ready to go; all they’d need to do is post the planning application online for the various comments from neighbours etc. The current delay is probably down to uncertainty over COVID. No point in making room for 16,000 more fans if we can’t have anyone in safely to begin with. Might as well ride it out until fans are able to return, even though now would be a perfect time to rebuild. No point wasting money. 

Good points these. I doubt we'd just whack up an application without first making the council aware of the exact plans and getting their thoughts/objections early doors. Doing the due diligence will save us time through the appeals process as no doubt those miserable bastards will be at it again as soon as possible, and having the council on board from the off gives us a massive edge obviously. We're probably in discussions with regards to what we need to do to the wider complex to benefit the City, to ensure a smooth applications and appeals process.

Various discussions are swirling around and the leaked KSS drawings are relatively accurate if not the final versions so we can't be far off. The latest loan from that Aussie bank follows a similar pattern to the training ground so I'd be very surprised if we don't get a significant update this year. 

• Like 2

When I was looking at a house extension a few years ago, the architect wasn't sure if I would get the planning permission from Leicester City council, and recommend submitting a pre-planning application to the council, which was a nominal fee but took a lot longer to come back.

So I'm sure this sort of thing would happen for commercial developments too. When  you see these developments in the news they are usually about to be put in for application, but everything has already been agreed with planners based on what they have advised they can or can't do, and designs will be amended accordingly. They only go into the public domain for public consultation and for any objections etc. The fact they have spent 2 or 3 million already makes me think they're probably nearly there.

With the amounts being borrowed I just hope it's not just 1 stand and surround area with hotel and arena. Would like to see most of the stadium developed and capacity up to 50k, would be a real statement and future proofing.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Good points these. I doubt we'd just whack up an application without first making the council aware of the exact plans and getting their thoughts/objections early doors. Doing the due diligence will save us time through the appeals process as no doubt those miserable bastards will be at it again as soon as possible, and having the council on board from the off gives us a massive edge obviously. We're probably in discussions with regards to what we need to do to the wider complex to benefit the City, to ensure a smooth applications and appeals process.

Various discussions are swirling around and the leaked KSS drawings are relatively accurate if not the final versions so we can't be far off. The latest loan from that Aussie bank follows a similar pattern to the training ground so I'd be very surprised if we don't get a significant update this year. 

I'd say an application submission was imminent given the level of work they've done. There is no way on earth that technical drawings at that cost would be done if the pre apps hadnt been discussed and completed. The appeals process is highly unlikely and rarely used for these types of redevelopment schemes in any case. If you take into account the existing dull and run down land with proposed access, parking, build and landscaping and stadium revamp etc then you couldn't exactly get any worse than what is there already! The money is there and the will and with covid too and vaccine roll outs then maybe top is waiting for more info on the vaccine position before going public with a view to fans back in the stadium and the ease in construction works with covid under control. With a max 13 week application window from submission to approval thats why I think its imminent. 

16 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Mate I will move seats if it offends you that bad.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Interesting blog on population data and proximity to football clubs 

We have a huge catchment area, particularly to the south of Leicestershire 

Those notts and derby fans will come in handy to help us fill our super 100,000 stadium 

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Interesting blog on population data and proximity to football clubs 

We have a huge catchment area, particularly to the south of Leicestershire 

I feel like you could do a pretty interesting paper with a gravitational model for football club support.

When I saw this earlier I was a bit annoyed they hadn’t done a FL92 version but they’ve now uploaded that. Although can’t see they’ve provided the data, just having a browse around, we’re bang up there on that too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billynomates said:

Nothing new to report I’m afraid. It’s all gone quiet over the last month due to people being on holiday, self isolation for board members and lockdown. The week before Christmas i heard that things would push on further in new year. FYI it’s the same contractor that was announced that is building Everton’s new stadium yesterday. But KP has hit brakes due to Christmas. 

Have we officially put it out to tender and Laing O Rourke won it then Billy?? Are we that far down the line with it?

On 14/01/2021 at 09:52, UHDrive said:

I remember hearing something about the club took a big loan out of some Australian bank and that they expect that it's probably for this expansion. Im quite surprised that they are doing it so soon after finishing the training ground but at the same time it is so exciting to show that the club wants to progress so quickly and establish ourselves as a top European team. Exciting times at this football club!!!!:schmike: