Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

7 minutes ago, Mash21 said:

I remember hearing something about the club took a big loan out of some Australian bank and that they expect that it's probably for this expansion. Im quite surprised that they are doing it so soon after finishing the training ground but at the same time it is so exciting to show that the club wants to progress so quickly and establish ourselves as a top European team. Exciting times at this football club!!!!:schmike:

It wouldn't be out of the norm to get through planning and get going. There are 2 reasons why I think they will. 1. Construction cost - it should be quite a chunk cheaper given the mass unemployed construction workers and project runners. 2. Covid will undoubtedly affect the 21/22 season in terms of fans going to the stadium for reasons such as concerns of the virus still and unknowns as to how the virus will even manifest over the next year. Taken all of that together then it should be quieter and cost efficient to physically construct the whole project before the pandemic is fully over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billynomates said:

The tender was quite some time ago. It’s at stage 3 working to 4, but sometimes it’s never that straightforward with a football club. I’d expect more substantial news in the next fortnight.

Hi Billy can you tell me be any chance have they completed the planning pack and/or submitted it? And when they intend to start? My own views are that it would be better to start it this summer. Cheers 

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Hi Billy can you tell me be any chance have they completed the planning pack and/or submitted it? And when they intend to start? My own views are that it would be better to start it this summer. Cheers 

It’s not been submitted, as it then becomes public knowledge.

9 hours ago, Billynomates said:

The tender was quite some time ago. It’s at stage 3 working to 4, but sometimes it’s never that straightforward with a football club. I’d expect more substantial news in the next fortnight.

Thanks Billy

Sorry, what do the tender stages mean?

Also, are the other add ons (such as the hotel, arena etc) are on the cards still?

7 hours ago, Strokes said:

It’s not been submitted, as it then becomes public knowledge.

Thanks I meant to say *when. I'm an architectural Technologist hence an enthusiastic ft member throughout the training ground build.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2021 at 22:26, Fox in the North said:

Thanks Billy

Sorry, what do the tender stages mean?

Also, are the other add ons (such as the hotel, arena etc) are on the cards still?

Sorry riba stages not tender stages. The build was due to start in May, that is becoming less and less likely due to a few reasons (pandemic, isolating staff (ceo)). Hotel, arena and fan zone are still on. Office and accommodation is wobbling due to pandemic and the likelihood of these being required is now questionable.

it’s all gone very quiet since mid December, focus on moving in to TG, dealing with pandemic issues.

I don’t know anymore than that. A contractors director who has worked with various clubs once said ‘if it wasn’t for the FA organising fixtures all matches would be played in April’ with reference to how disorganised they all are, I can totally see how the Adrien Silva signing 7 seconds late occurred.

I imagine there will be better news over the next few weeks, possibly after end of Jan. Ultimately for a May start the button should have been pressed in November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Billynomates said:

Sorry riba stages not tender stages. The build was due to start in May, that is becoming less and less likely due to a few reasons (pandemic, isolating staff (ceo)). Hotel, arena and fan zone are still on. Office and accommodation is wobbling due to pandemic and the likelihood of these being required is now questionable.

it’s all gone very quiet since mid December, focus on moving in to TG, dealing with pandemic issues.

I don’t know anymore than that. A contractors director who has worked with various clubs once said ‘if it wasn’t for the FA organising fixtures all matches would be played in April’ with reference to how disorganised they all are, I can totally see how the Adrien Silva signing 7 seconds late occurred.

I imagine there will be better news over the next few weeks, possibly after end of Jan. Ultimately for a May start the button should have been pressed in November.

Cheers Billy, I don’t have the same understanding of these processes as you or others. 

Thanks for all of the info too, that’s great insightful stuff. Very grateful for any information on what should be a very exciting moment project.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/01/2021 at 08:43, Billynomates said:

Any more news on this now the training ground is officially finished and the covid vaccines are being rolled out rapidly now, im guessing this could be good news for the building work.

9 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

To those who know these things - if they wanted to start building in the close season, how late could they realistically leave the planning application? 

Must be approaching soon I’d have thought. Although personally I can’t see anything happening this year 

I’d have thought we were beyond or on the threshold for spades in the ground end of May.

Cant see it happening this year.

6 hours ago, Billynomates said:

Sorry not the best update as the thinking changes constantly. There is no confidence in a May start (on stadium) without panic (as happened on the training ground). Background works for archeology, ecology and design will tick over but may need a new contractor now for the stadium for a start in May 2022, main reason is due to pandemic and questions on whether the office and accommodation (which would part fund the legacy) are an actual requirement in the short to mid term.

this isn’t a final decision or update, more of a ‘at the moment thinking’.

So with the thinking of a start next year, do you think we will start to hear things or see designs from the club soon?

3 hours ago, K1Keith said:

So with the thinking of a start next year, do you think we will start to hear things or see designs from the club soon?

Doubt it, other than what was shared last year (cgi’s were a year old then) nothing has really progressed. Still work to be done, when that starts is the question.

1 hour ago, Billynomates said:

Doubt it, other than what was shared last year (cgi’s were a year old then) nothing has really progressed. Still work to be done, when that starts is the question.

They've spent £2-3'000'000 on working drawings, associated docs and plannings packs. There must be some material to be put to the public soon as I'd imagine that they wouldn't want to hold up submitting the planning app in the near future.