Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

4 minutes ago, dynamark said:

So we have 82 pages  on something that hasnt actually happened yet must be a record.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Someone wasn't around in the Nicky Maynard days! 

Or pretty much every transfer thread pre-Covid. 

On 10/02/2021 at 17:30, Billynomates said:

Doubt it, other than what was shared last year (cgi’s were a year old then) nothing has really progressed. Still work to be done, when that starts is the question.

Hopefully we do hear or see something from the club soon. Even if it is a year away im surprised we haven't given how other clubs like Fulham/Liverpool let theirs out ages before work started.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/02/2021 at 14:57, K1Keith said:

Hopefully we do hear or see something from the club soon. Even if it is a year away im surprised we haven't given how other clubs like Fulham/Liverpool let theirs out ages before work started.

Covid doesn't seem to be stopping Everton from pressing ahead with their upgrade plans. 

BBC News - Everton's Bramley-Moore Dock stadium given council approval
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56167487

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Covid doesn't seem to be stopping Everton from pressing ahead with their upgrade plans. 

This could be terrible for Everton IMO. Half a billion on a new stadium during a pandemic when they’ve got a massive opportunity to invest in the squad and/or training facilities with a genuine world class manager at the helm. Arsenal and Spurs have done the exact same thing and are both suffering from it. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

This could be terrible for Everton IMO. Half a billion on a new stadium during a pandemic when they’ve got a massive opportunity to invest in the squad and/or training facilities with a genuine world class manager at the helm. Arsenal and Spurs have done the exact same thing and are both suffering from it. 

They will do both, the owners are chucking huge money at them through their dodgy sponsorship deals. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The difference is that the Everton owners have shown they are willing to pump in large amounts of money to see success. Usmanov for example *wanted* to pump money into Arsenal but Kroenke didn't, which is why he went with Moshiri to Everton instead.

Those two guys alone are worth multiple billions and seem eager to push Everton forwards. I would imagine that this season has already given them a lot of confidence that they are headed in the right direction.

I think they have probably mentally committed to a billion pound loss to establish Everton, which is scary but on a par with Man City / Chelsea.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

They will do both, the owners are chucking huge money at them through their dodgy sponsorship deals. 

Yeah their owners really are either very brave and it's to Everton's benefit, or it will blow up in their face and absolutely bury them.

5 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I think it is built to be easily extended up to 62,000, subject to further planning permission.

They already have a capacity of 40'000 so its surprising that with a "world class stadium" they have made that jump up to 62'000 straight away. They must have the numbers fans wise and for that amount of money 10k additional seats while they are building it seems a tad too conservative.

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

They already have a capacity of 40'000 so its surprising that with a "world class stadium" they have made that jump up to 62'000 straight away. They must have the numbers fans wise and for that amount of money 10k additional seats while they are building it seems a tad too conservative.

This. 

When clubs have new grounds or extensions their attendances jump up by big numbers. 

You only need to look at us at FS we averaged around 21k? Pretty much a sell out every week for me growing up. First Season in the new stadium and we were getting high 20s to sell outs week in week out. Grsnted it dropped off after the relgation again but let's be honest we were shit for a good 8 or so years. 

When we extend the ground, don't be surprised to see us hit in the 40k mark every home game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

That will cost significantly more than £500 million. Closer to £750 million in my opinion. That’s quite a chunk. Nice looking though. 

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah their owners really are either very brave and it's to Everton's benefit, or it will blow up in their face and absolutely bury them.

If they keep chucking money at it then it will work, they don't seem to have a clue what they are doing. But eventually money prevails. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

How many millions did Liverpool spend on their new stand? So stupid that people in this country are so against ground sharing, they do it in Italy. They could have an 80000 seater, state of the art stadium and split the costs. What a waste. 

I mean AC Milan and Inter have finally decided that it was a bit shit having a half empty San Siro week in week out and are downsizing on their new ground share... so probably not much point in building an 80k'er to share.

I think the Ceiling for club support in this country is 60k (excluding United who are a different beast really), you saw from Spurs having Wembley for a bit that anything over that is just too much.

As with any '**** me that's cost a fortune' project, most new builds now contain schemes for mixed use to offset the cost/lease out to retailers/hotelliers etc.

It's a nice design and moving away form their neighbours and closer to transport links will help give them a new identity for the future.

I think Liverpool chose to renovate because they have the space to and it was nowhere near as old as Goodison.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I mean AC Milan and Inter have finally decided that it was a bit shit having a half empty San Siro week in week out and are downsizing on their new ground share... so probably not much point in building an 80k'er to share.

I think the Ceiling for club support in this country is 60k (excluding United who are a different beast really), you saw from Spurs having Wembley for a bit that anything over that is just too much.

As with any '**** me that's cost a fortune' project, most new builds now contain schemes for mixed use to offset the cost/lease out to retailers/hotelliers etc.

It's a nice design and moving away form their neighbours and closer to transport links will help give them a new identity for the future.

I think Liverpool chose to renovate because they have the space to and it was nowhere near as old as Goodison.

I thought Liverpool were trying to get planning approval to build a new stadium on the nearby Stanley Park but could get approval so rather than move they had to extend.

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Im sure Liverpool could fill 80000 seats or close to it. 80k was a figure plucked from the air, it could just as easy be 70 or 75k. Still cheaper to share. 

22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

How many millions did Liverpool spend on their new stand? So stupid that people in this country are so against ground sharing, they do it in Italy. They could have an 80000 seater, state of the art stadium and split the costs. What a waste. 

God forbid anybody spends any money on anything

I would hate to have to share with any other club. Identity is so important and not having a dedicated home goes quite a way in diluting that. I'd much rather us play in a 40,000 seater than share an 80,000 seater. 

Thank God the Paul Mace master plan never happened. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Im sure Liverpool could fill 80000 seats or close to it. 80k was a figure plucked from the air, it could just as easy be 70 or 75k. Still cheaper to share. 

...doesn't that just comes down to identity!!!

I would not like to be sharing with any East or West Midlands  club.

I would suspect supporters would rather forego a new shiny stadium and keep their historic home than share a ground with any other team.

Nb.

@Spudulikejust beat me to it.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1