Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I would hate to have to share with any other club. Identity is so important and not having a dedicated home goes quite a way in diluting that. I'd much rather us play in a 40,000 seater than share an 80,000 seater. 

Thank God the Paul Mace master plan never happened. 

I wouldn't, i'd love cov to share our ground and the walls be adorned with mementos and photos of the title winning season.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...doesn't that just comes down to identity!!!

I would not like to be sharing with any East or West Midlands  club.

I would suspect supporters would rather forego a new shiny stadium and keep their historic home than share a ground with any other team.

I seem to remember Bill Kenwright was keen on a joint stadium a few years ago until Liverpool dismissed the idea. 

Liverpool spent £75 million to raise their capacity to 58k. Everton are going to spend 500 million to get 52000 seats. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend say 400 million each to get a 70/80 thousand seater stadium, with all the latest facilities and greater income generating ability?

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I seem to remember Bill Kenwright was keen on a joint stadium a few years ago until Liverpool dismissed the idea. 

Liverpool spent £75 million to raise their capacity to 58k. Everton are going to spend 500 million to get 52000 seats. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend say 400 million each to get a 70/80 thousand seater stadium, with all the latest facilities and greater income generating ability?

...financially it all makes sense!!!

This is football we are talking about,  what price are you putting on the feeling when Hazard equalised in that game. What price would you have paid if you were not a season ticket holder and unable to get in to the Everton game to see them lift the trophy. 

It would be Interesting if you did a poll as I believe you will have a majority, well in excess of two thirds who would not be keen on ground sharing.

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It’s not just about the bums on seats though, it’s also the premium hospitality boxes which bring in big match day revenue and getting agreement from the council to let the venue host concerts etc all year round.

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Everton ground share with Liverpool!. Never in a billion years.  

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This is football we are talking about,  what price are you putting on the feeling when Hazard equalised in that game. What price would you have paid if you were not a season ticket holder and unable to get in to the Everton game to see them lift the trophy. 

It would be Interesting if you did a poll as I believe you will have a majority, well in excess of two thirds who would not be keen on ground sharing.

Got to be honest, that Hazard would still have felt the same whether we shared our ground or not. 

This happens across the world. Inter and AC Milan are still rivals. I just don't see what the problem is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Got to be honest, that Hazard would still have felt the same whether we shared our ground or not. 

This happens across the world. Inter and AC Milan are still rivals. I just don't see what the problem is. 

.....what I obviously failed to convey to you was that football is not all about money!!!

Now a Tigers and LCFC joint ground share had been put forward, in order to share the cost of the Walkers Stadium,  that received a lot of push back, due mostly to a loss of identity for both clubs.

In the great scheme of things supporters would always want to cling on to their past, physically or mentally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

That will cost significantly more than £500 million. Closer to £750 million in my opinion. That’s quite a chunk. Nice looking though. 

i read that whilst picturing you with pencil behind 1 ear & sucking through your teeth as you typed

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....what I obviously failed to convey to you was that football is not all about money!!!

Now a Tigers and LCFC joint ground share had been put forward, in order to share the cost of the Walkers Stadium,  that received a lot of push back, due mostly to a loss of identity for both clubs.

In the great scheme of things supporters would always want to cling on to their past, physically or mentally. 

With the Tigers share they were going to be the major 'owners and the ground would have been decorated more to suit them.

If you're going to ground share it needs to be a modern design  with a chameleon ability to completely change colour and décor which could be done with Video and lighting. You'd have to hope that that would make them look and feel completely different stadiums

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

With the Tigers share they were going to be the major 'owners and the ground would have been decorated more to suit them.

If you're going to ground share it needs to be a modern design  with a chameleon ability to completely change colour and décor which could be done with Video and lighting. You'd have to hope that that would make them look and feel completely different stadiums

It was such a short sighted proposal that would've messed up both clubs making it very difficult to attract future investment and certainly not made us as attractive to King Power. 

Big clubs don't share with rugby teams. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

It was such a short sighted proposal that would've messed up both clubs making it very difficult to attract future investment and certainly not made us as attractive to King Power. 

Big clubs don't share with rugby teams. 

Oh I agree was a rubbish idea and would have set us back to a point where we'd probably would have had to move a build a new one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

Didn't that happen with Bayern & 1860 in Munich.

Not sure why but didn't work out too well for 1860.

Edited by boots60

40 minutes ago, boots60 said:

1860's finances were fcuked, so they sold their half in the stadium in 2006. Servicing a hideous rent on it after that.

Their nature average crowd figures would be between 15k and 20k - the average attendance being so high at Allianz for 1860 because away support could literally bring 10 to 15k worth of support. I was at Allianz when 1860 played St Pauli for Saturday lunch kick-off and St Pauli brought about 9,000. 

Financially it was always crippling to them. Once out of Bundesliga 2, they could play their own stadium again - minimum stadium requirements reduce outside top two division. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

52'000 is on the low side for £500 million

Their timber cladding looks like a communal bin area.

I bet a good chunk of £500 million is dewatering and engineering costs. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

How many millions did Liverpool spend on their new stand? So stupid that people in this country are so against ground sharing, they do it in Italy. They could have an 80000 seater, state of the art stadium and split the costs. What a waste. 

A lot of the grounds in Italy are owned by the councils - unsurprisingly nearly all of the Italian clubs what share stadiums want stadiums of their own and not have to share profits etc 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

Yes it would. But it is '' Liverpool '' we are talking about. Not the sharpest when it comes to Acumen. 

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

ok but far more people who arent season ticket holders would have been able to get in the ground for the everton game if we had access to a bigger stadium... also the feeling on the hazard goal wouldnt have been affected by a stadium share at all

21 hours ago, AjcW said:

I think the Ceiling for club support in this country is 60k (excluding United who are a different beast really), you saw from Spurs having Wembley for a bit that anything over that is just too much.

That's a ceiling that would be significantly higher if ticket prices were more affordable.

19 hours ago, boots60 said:

Went to watch Bochum against 1860 when they were playing there. Still drew 40k-odd for that game but it was absolutely nothing in that ground. Great that they're back in their traditional home these days.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That's a ceiling that would be significantly higher if ticket prices were more affordable.

Christ, enough reprobates in the ground as it is, don't make it worse...

... kidding, kidding..... :ph34r: