Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Surprised about all this uncertainty after the apparent determination and decisiveness in getting Seagrave done. 

Perhaps Top will tell them to get on with it when he turns up in a couple of weeks. 

Still haven't got the Vichai Statue in place yet (or perhaps they have as I haven't been down there for nearly a year). 

It’s not up yet but I’m not surprised by that, I assume Top and his Family would want to be here for when it is installed 

• Like 1

On 04/03/2021 at 18:18, Billynomates said:

I mean where to start. First of all this is unofficially unofficial. 1. Not starting this May, aiming for next May for stadium construction. 2. Which building supplement this is up in the air. 3. The CEO could be the downfall of  the club, ok that’s a bit extreme but taste the frustration. 4. Covid is allowing a smoother transition whilst seagrave is getting up and running, some issues with contractor and staff (never mind) 5. Ceo doesn’t like strong willed subordinates, watch the .com staffing change soon. 6. Because of two CEO ‘issues’ all interested parties are walking away due lack of transparency from club, honesty, and new work. 7. This could be a minor hiccup if ‘we’ pull our finger out with a decision. New contractor maybe be needed due to a) Everton stadium b) rumours of ceo being a bit of a knob - hopefully not but this could delay a further 12 months as the window of opportunity is fixed be seasons. 8. Owner is coming (for sure and for first time) to seagrave two weeks on Monday. This is to see his baby in seagrave and possibly provide a boost for stadium.

this is all a bit up in air but it’s the best I’ve got. Season tickets for next season will be available at least.

Do you think were likely to see any official announcement yet? even if its been moved another year, i cant help but feel its a wasted opportunity to get on with it this year!  I wonder if they could still maybe move this year if they get things sorted...

3 minutes ago, K1Keith said:

Do you think were likely to see any official announcement yet? even if its been moved another year, i cant help but feel its a wasted opportunity to get on with it this year!  I wonder if they could still maybe move this year if they get things sorted...

The whole world has gone tits up and money is thin on the ground, not sure its the a wasted opportunity other the it would have been less disruption for fans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, K1Keith said:

On the basis there isn’t anything to report on no, can’t see an announcement. Difficult times to work in, part of the development is based on a speculative revenue (offices/accommodation) and whether these are required in the future is a question. Plus the time to start this year has gone so it’s no longer a priority until it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just really hope that this isn't done on the cheap (if it even happens at all).  Would be amazing if we could make a real architectural statement rather than do a quick bodge a la the Cardiff City Stadium:

image.png.3ddde92691534013e16313af740073e2.png

• Like 1

Also if we feel it's realistic to qualify for the Champions League regularly, having a larger, distinctive and quality stadium design appearing on both Premier League AND Champions League TV coverage will be great for the club's and King Power's image so in that regard then the sooner the better.

6 minutes ago, RoyalBlueGaz said:

Also if we feel it's realistic to qualify for the Champions League regularly, having a larger, distinctive and quality stadium design appearing on both Premier League AND Champions League TV coverage will be great for the club's and King Power's image so in that regard then the sooner the better.

For the city of Leicester as well :schmike:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

It won't be done on the cheap. This is King Power they don't do cheap.

Jamie Vardy, Shinji Okazaki, Danny Drinkwater, N'Golo Kante, Riyad Mahrez, Marc Albrighton, Danny Simpson, Robert Huth, Wes Morgan, Christian Fuchs, Kasper, Schmeichel, all bought on the cheap.

Where did they get us?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, red5 said:

Jamie Vardy, Shinji Okazaki, Danny Drinkwater, N'Golo Kante, Riyad Mahrez, Marc Albrighton, Danny Simpson, Robert Huth, Wes Morgan, Christian Fuchs, Kasper, Schmeichel, all bought on the cheap.

Where did they get us?

£100m training ground pretty cheap as well :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, RoyalBlueGaz said:

...sure shirt advertising is not allowed in Champions League!!!

6 minutes ago, red5 said:

Where did they get us?

Vardy wasn't cheap ! Yes he proved to be worth a lot more than we paid but a million for a Non league player was seen as very expensive. 

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, red5 said:

Where did they get us?

...wasn't cheap...at the time, all due to market forces!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sure shirt advertising is not allowed in Champions League!!!

You can have one sponsor on the front, one on the back, and no sleeve sponsors, We just had the king power one on the front

image.jpeg.24ad6157af2626c80fded166bbb88abd.jpeg

42 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I just really hope that this isn't done on the cheap (if it even happens at all).  Would be amazing if we could make a real architectural statement rather than do a quick bodge a la the Cardiff City Stadium:

Actually I would not consider the Cardiff City Stadium to be a botch. I sit in the elevated new section for Wales games and it looks OK and fits in well. 

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Actually I would not consider the Cardiff City Stadium to be a botch. I sit in the elevated new section for Wales games and it looks OK and fits in well. 

Let's be honest. It looks shit. 

Cheap and easy to do what they done. Didn't blend in the roofs or anything. View might be perfectly fine but that's not what people are getting at.

19 minutes ago, red5 said:

Where did they get us?

They weren't cheap they were astute.

51 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Proper bodge job, they even missed the F from the end of Cardiff... :rolleyes:

• Haha 3