Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Maybe just maybe the roof doesn’t ‘blend’ in with the original roofs because from when the original stadium was built they’d always had plans to increase capacity as all around the stands the very back row is nowhere near the external wall, there’s a void there, if you look at that pic of the new stand you’ll see 4 or 5 rows of seats then a gap then the rest of the new stand.

So chances are they future proofed the ground by being able to increase the other elevations so then the roof all runs through, but hey what do I know I have only been in the building trade 32 years.

Armchair architects know far more it seems. 

Still doesn’t stop it looking shit at the moment though.

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Still doesn’t stop it looking shit at the moment though.

I’ll agree but I doubt it’s the finished article rather like Moulinex, their new stand was going to go around 3 sides but was put on hold after the first side was built and that looks odd and unfinished.

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

You seem really angry with this😂

Why couldn't they take the pespeck or what ever material it is down to the edge of the roof instead of leaving that massive gap? 

It just looks plonked on and could have been alot better. 

What do I know though being an armchair architect and all that 🤷‍♂️

ccs_stad_1.jpg

The stadium is fine inside and the extension works in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

You seem really angry with this😂

Why couldn't they take the pespeck or what ever material it is down to the edge of the roof instead of leaving that massive gap? 

It just looks plonked on and could have been alot better. 

What do I know though being an armchair architect and all that 🤷‍♂️

ccs_stad_1.jpg

I think you might mean perspex.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s not even built yet but the scallys have found a way to donuts in nicked cars in the car park on the mock-ups. 

_117006296_d2240c84-a482-4715-8aaa-75c54

I’m sure I bought my Q5 from there a couple of years back? 

It's the fact Everton are spending 500m on it that does me. Its just Spurs all over again. 

I just don't see the value in going that over the top with a stadium. 

A fancy, top of the line stadium is never going to make an average club a world class one however much you try but it's still going to need to be paid off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's the fact Everton are spending 500m on it that does me. Its just Spurs all over again. 

A fancy, top of the line stadium is never going to make an average club a world class one however much you try but it's still going to need to be paid off. 

At least Spurs have the benefit of being London based and had a decent agreement with the NFL. I get it with Spurs as you can see the considerable effort Levy put into making the stadium a multi-event arena. Had it not been for the pandemic, I think they would be getting a decent return on the stadium. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

At least Spurs have the benefit of being London based and had a decent agreement with the NFL. I get it with Spurs as you can see the considerable effort Levy put into making the stadium a multi-event arena. Had it not been for the pandemic, I think they would be getting a decent return on the stadium. 

But has put them in the top 5 clubs debt wise 900m, and will take them 30 years to pay off, by which time they have a stadium which is no longer cuttting edge.

Arsenal move to the Emirates was allowing them to compete with Europe’s giants, how that worked out for them?

Both were vanity project in my view.

Football seems to have forgotten turnover is vanity, profit is sanity,

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But has put them in the top 5 clubs debt wise 900m, and will take them 30 years to pay off, by which time they have a stadium which is no longer cuttting edge.

Arsenal move to the Emirates was allowing them to compete with Europe’s giants, how that worked out for them?

Both were vanity project in my view.

Football seems to have forgotten turnover is vanity, profit is sanity,

I agree with the vanity project to an extent but that vanity attracts tourists and in turn brings in revenue. 

With our expansion I’d love to see some sort of self powered element being added, wether it be solar, heat pumps, turbines so that it effectively pays the bills when the ground is not being used. After all the owners are all about self-sustainability. 

I’d also hope that there is a contingency added in for a future expansion if we ever needed it. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Agree with all of that. 

But what do they get out of staying at Goodison? 

I love the stadium and obviously it's your traditional 4 separate stands and there's the history of it all, atmosphere as well. But for a club that does want to become bigger, is a bigger stadium with better facilities and technology the next step, while they can? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It’s about the location in an actual construction sense. Choosing a plot next to water means heavy engineering work to even give you the plot to build. 

I want our stadium to be extended. However with we have to be aware that clubs whom have invested in that nature have hurt themselves - Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool all have issues in how they are structuring their finances. Lpool without CL have a problem next year as the transfer deals for Thiago and Jota were lop sided that the most of the fee goes out this summer. 

As others have said Spurs maybe if they had no pandemic with NFL, the Rugby internationals, Boxing, they might have been in a better position 

• Like 2

Just to add that Man City have had the oil pockets to sustain the hit. While Old Trafford badly needs a bit of work before it becomes a San Siro esque stadium of being outdated and grubby. 

Even Chelsea have found a stadium move or improvement cost prohibitive 

Just now, StanSP said:

Just trying to have a conversation @Finnegan no need to get so angry all the time. 

And I just responded to you. With absolutely no anger or unpleasantness directed at you. No personal comments, no subtle digs, no attacks. Unlike when you tried to call me an idiot the other day because you misunderstood something I said. 

Maybe try and be a bit less sensitive, not everyone that disagrees with you or challenges an opinion you have is trying to pick a fight. 

I'm not really sure why you find me so triggering all of a sudden, it's not like my posting faux outrage and/or hyperbole for impact or effect are new. It's pretty much been my shtick for most of my adult life. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And I just responded to you. With absolutely no anger or unpleasantness directed at you. No personal comments, no subtle digs, no attacks. Unlike when you tried to call me an idiot the other day because you misunderstood something I said. 

Maybe try and be a bit less sensitive, not everyone that disagrees with you or challenges an opinion you have is trying to pick a fight. 

I'm not really sure why you find me so triggering all of a sudden, it's not like my posting faux outrage and/or hyperbole for impact or effect are new. It's pretty much been my shtick for most of my adult life. 

Mainly the first paragraph, thought it was directed at me. 

I thought it was you that misread and misunderstood something I said the other day and we laughed that off :dunno:.

I don't find you triggering lol

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s not even built yet but the scallys have found a way to donuts in nicked cars in the car park on the mock-ups. 

_117006296_d2240c84-a482-4715-8aaa-75c54

Looks amazing, except that sky ain’t normally that colour and that waters normally brown.

• Haha 1