Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've laboured the point several times, but I just can't imagine the family being shown this Cardiffesque on the cheap plan....and then perusing the spurs and Everton designs.....and thinking, 'you know what, let's go with the cardiff'

Everything the family do is top spec

Couldn't agree more. Looking at the KP buildings in Bangkok and the new training ground, they're all stunning architectural designs. I just can't imagine them considering this design as acceptable. I think their standards are much higher and the evidence suggest so. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I would say, much the same as the Tigers are looking to build a hotel, in order to help finance the club!!!

Our club is a subsidiary of King Power, the Tigers are an entity in themselves. 

7 minutes ago, Winsum said:

I note in the published accounts that it is mentioned that there is a possible stadium expansion, Maybe second thoughts?

They haven’t confirmed it so it remains ‘possible’. 

if they didn’t say ‘possible’ then it would be assumed to be happening and they don’t need to place this expectation on themselves at a v difficult point in the financial progression of the club .....

23 minutes ago, Winsum said:

I note in the published accounts that it is mentioned that there is a possible stadium expansion, Maybe second thoughts?

Doubt it, additional expenditure up by £1.8m taking total spending on expansion plans are £4.4m. Doubt you’d spend that much to have second thoughts.

On 02/04/2021 at 18:18, Heathrow fox said:

Forest still ploughing ahead with their Peter Taylor development.Despite having yet another crap season.Just the planning application hurdles to jump through 

I’m not surprised, with foreign holidays and trips abroad probably out the window for a few years, every man and his dog is going to want to go the football once it’s safe to do so in this country. We’d be crazy not to do something about increasing capacity during the summer break

Edited by yorkie1999

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’m not surprised, with foreign holidays and trips abroad probably out the window for a few years, every man and his dog is going to want to go the football once it’s safe to do so in this country. We’d be crazy not to do something about increasing capacity during the summer break

Slightly easier for them to replace an old stand with a new one.I think the whole thing relies on adding residential flats to the scheme,and of course convincing the local council that it’s worth it and the extra traffic etc.So a fair way to go yet plus it’s Forest.

It would be a shame if in five years time they end up with a bigger ground despite our recent success.

• 2 weeks later...

The club need to get on this asap.

The amount of glory boys i'm hearing today saying well i'm gonna start supporting Leicester.

Oh, it's amusing, whilst a little annoying, frustrating and i'm not keen on a load of turncoats and glory boys jumping on our....glory.

Infact keep the stadium as it is so they can't jump on board!

Edited by Matt

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/05/2021 at 03:08, SemperEadem said:

What’s the latest on the arena with it?

@Billynomates Any new news since your last update? From what I've heard it will be starting after next season, and in the close season this year they will be putting in concrete for a crane base when laying the new pitch.

2 hours ago, K1Keith said:

@Billynomates Any new news since your last update? From what I've heard it will be starting after next season, and in the close season this year they will be putting in concrete for a crane base when laying the new pitch.

43 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I’m hoping we get to see the expansion plans/ designs before the start of next season 🤞

Don't they need planning approval to put in a concrete crane base? Nothing has turned up in the planning portal that I'm aware of. 

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Don't they need planning approval to put in a concrete crane base? Nothing has turned up in the planning portal that I'm aware of. 

I’d imagine they’re working closely with the council to get it all approved without public interference. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, K1Keith said:

No not heard anything new. Certainly not a crane base, no idea why they’d want to do that, can’t imagine groundskeeper willy would appreciate that either.

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Shouldn’t have to, but equally the plan was for three tower cranes so having one on the pitch might interrupt game play.

• Haha 2

Outside the club shop towards the crossing towards holiday Inn there was markings on the ground a big square marked out then a circle inside it... funnily enough it's around where the statue of Vichai will be going... 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Outside the club shop towards the crossing towards holiday Inn there was markings on the ground a big square marked out then a circle inside it... funnily enough it's around where the statue of Vichai will be going... 

Are these recent markings? 

12 hours ago, Billynomates said:

Shouldn’t have to, but equally the plan was for three tower cranes so having one on the pitch might interrupt game play.

Just what ive heard from people that could be working on the project. Among other things

31 minutes ago, K1Keith said:

Just what ive heard from people that could be working on the project. Among other things

It could be for one that they need to use during the Summer for certain elements of construction.  Lay the concrete now, then even if it's a couple of years down the line it's ready to use .

• Like 1