Sign in to follow this  
Collymore

Benkovic

Remember Caglar only really got to play this year with Maguire leaving, and look how that has turned out.  i am sure the team leadership know what they are doing with him and if he is good enough he will get his chance.

Edited by Hack
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hack said:

Remember Caglar only really got to play this year with Maquire living, and look how that has turned out.  i am sure the team leadership know what they are doing with him and if he is good enough he will get his chance.

Its ashame maguire would of been starting instead of Soyuncu! It wasnt a masterstroke by rodgers in this instance because he wanted a new partner with Evans.  It was just by chance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Its ashame maguire would of been starting instead of Soyuncu! It wasnt a masterstroke by rodgers in this instance because he wanted a new partner with Evans.  It was just by chance

I am sure Harry would still be a great player for us but Soyuncu has proved to be a true gem of a player.  My point being Benkovic still has a chance to be the next guy to make the step up to be great player.  Rodgers really does an amazing job of getting the best out of each and every player.  There is not one player in the current squad who has been given a chance to play that has not been better under Rodgers than any other manager.  Benkovic is still very young and is well known to Brendan from the Celtic days.  i am sure he will bring him in when needed and he is ready.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hack said:

I am sure Harry would still be a great player for us but Soyuncu has proved to be a true gem of a player.  My point being Benkovic still has a chance to be the next guy to make the step up to be great player.  Rodgers really does an amazing job of getting the best out of each and every player.  There is not one player in the current squad who has been given a chance to play that has not been better under Rodgers than any other manager.  Benkovic is still very young and is well known to Brendan from the Celtic days.  i am sure he will bring him in when needed and he is ready.

Rodgers does not seem to have a problem with sitting players out and making them earn a spot on the team. Benko will get his chance with Rodgers but he will have to work for that chance. I'm personally very excited about the depth of our defence and with a couple of additions we will be awesome.

We will need more depth when we compete in Europe next season

Edited by gurru991

rodgers has a long term plan for players.  ie kelechi he's left out all of this time and bang he comes in and looks like a different player.  Knowing rodgers he's probably had a plan the whole time for the christmas games to play a 3-5-2 and bring Benkovic in during that time for his chance.  Nothing would surprise me

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

rodgers has a long term plan for players.  ie kelechi he's left out all of this time and bang he comes in and looks like a different player.  Knowing rodgers he's probably had a plan the whole time for the christmas games to play a 3-5-2 and bring Benkovic in during that time for his chance.  Nothing would surprise me

I’d be gobsmacked if he played any part this season barring a spate of injuries to our centre backs.

With a shortage of centre-backs, Newcastle could use a player like Benkovic to get back on track. Loan for half a season, everybody wins.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

In tomorrow’s squad!

Good luck to him. It would be fantastic if he can be the 4th cb and save us buying someone in this window.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

In tomorrow’s squad!

Really looking forward to seeing him play

Gutted for him going off on his debut. He does seem a bit injury prone.

We chanced it when we signed him, had injury problems. It hasn't worked and unfortunately we cant place any more faith in him that that. Not his fault but you cant trust him being reliable backup with his record of injuries. Matty James mark 2 sadly. 

Oh Benkovic

Is made of glass

Oh Benkovic is made of glass

He’s made of glass, glass and more glass

Oh Benkovic is made of glass

:(

• Sad 1