Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I thought we might have sold him in the Summer but at long last he's starting to show real promise.

He's been excellent the last few games and having a real impact when he comes on.

I think his he's finally understanding the game and B R deserves great credit for that.

He's showing more for the Ball and searching for space while also covering back and helping out the defense. Plus his decision making is so much better. Last year he would have tried to shoot instead of passing to Vardy.

Instead of just being back up he's becoming another first teamer that we just can't find a place for.

That's a big improvement and long may it continue.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's so quick and direct. Great to release for 15mins or so against a tiring team. I think the issues are entirely in Demarai's head. Hopefully Brendan has tapped into his inner footballing genius.

...definitely!!!!

Brendan obviously asking him to look at the game differently. Scoring worldies is not what the game is about but for Gray that is however the way he views the game and his part in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

His next start in the PL is crucial imo. If he fcks it, he's either super sub for the remainder of his duration or we straight sell him

This is the thing, I don't think he can cope with that type of pressure. He goes for too much rather than sticking to the basics. I really hope it works out for him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...definitely!!!!

Brendan obviously asking him to look at the game differently. Scoring worldies is not what the game is about but for Gray that is however the way he views the game and his part in it.

his raw talent has never really been in question, more what he does with it. The coaching staff have obviously been working on his decision making and explaining to him when it is the right time to pass the ball or go for it himself. I have also noticed he seems more able to make his mind up and do it quickly these days whereas in the past he would dither, not sure what to do and either run into a blind alley or lose the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

It was a terrible pass to Vardy from Gray! Vardy did well to adjust his body, and finish with his weaker foot.

Brendan called it sublime so each to their own..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Said it not long ago but I felt this was his last last last last last... last chance. If Brendan couldn’t get a tune out of him then he needs to go, but he’s making an impact at last. Still took wrong options too many times against burton IMO, but it’s been the best I’ve seen of him for a long while. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

It was a terrible pass to Vardy from Gray! Vardy did well to adjust his body, and finish with his weaker foot.

fkin hell, it was magnificent

Edited by treer

5 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Have to disagree mate, Gray had to keep it away from a defender and it was more or less perfect for Vardy. Slightly behind him meant he wouldn't sky it over the bar - simple technique from Vardy who had time to steady himself and slotted it home. Vardy would die for half dozen passes like that every match. 

• Like 1

Lol and someone was arguing that there isn’t ill feelings by some of our fans towards gray when I said it the other day

He's upped his game. People saying he had one more start to prove himself clearly have an agenda. He's a young lad still. His decision making is the area that needs to improve and it is doing. Just want to see him looking fast and direct and picking the right balls. That's all he needs to do.

• Like 1

I think some people miss the point that hes kind of the perfect player to have as back up mentality wise.

If he'd scored 8 or 9 a season then he'd been crying every time hes on the bench. But at the minute we have a rough diamond who is capable of performances that have led to interest from alot of other clubs.

Kind of like Ulloa in the title winning season, having players of quality and the exact same willingness in mentality from the bench is key in seasons like this.

• Like 1

Vardy did well in finishing, but Gray did even better in finding him. The clever dummy, the perfectly timed run in behind and the first time pass back to Vardy with his weaker foot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rachhere said:

This is the thing, I don't think he can cope with that type of pressure. He goes for too much rather than sticking to the basics. I really hope it works out for him. 

That's why I think the start needs to be far away, Rodgers has been doing the right thing starting him in the cup and cultivating his confidence there and with subs.

6 hours ago, bmt said:

Lol and someone was arguing that there isn’t ill feelings by some of our fans towards gray when I said it the other day

The ball was played behind Vardy. Too many on here lack knowledge to comment.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I think your being harsh, it was a good dummie and run by Gray, the ball was slightly behind Vardy but anywhere else in the box and it would of been cleared.

3 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I think your being harsh, it was a good dummie and run by Gray, the ball was slightly behind Vardy but anywhere else in the box and it would of been cleared.

Excellent dummy, poor pass! He has upped his game recently tbf.

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Sorry, I forgot you were Mr. Passing Knowledge, please forgive us morons for commenting on what was a brilliant passing move.  

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sorry, I forgot you were Mr. Passing Knowledge, please forgive us morons for commenting on what was a brilliant passing move.  

It’s in abundance, but you are welcome.

38 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Are you the kind of person that when Kasper pulls off a worldie you think he should be catching it?

Not at all.

For his performances and wasted potential since he joined, he's been thoroughly deserved of all the grief he's received.

However, if he can mobilise and reinvent himself through these substitution appearances, gain some wisdom and confidence again, this would be a real testament to himself, Rodgers and the team for not giving up.

There's still time, just...

Nice little project to watch.

Good luck to him. 

• Like 1