Sign in to follow this  
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I'm not convinced he would make a difference and as I stated another thread out problems are not offensive and in creating chances. Our problems are definitely defensively as we look too easy to play against especially from crosses at the back post on both sides. I think going 5-3-2 to sure up our defence and hopefully stop conceding that sort of goal may be the answer. 

Has he been seen since not closing down the ball for the Villa cross leading to their winner??

Brendan doesn't rate him imo.

Wrong thread! I’ll blame DG!!

Edited by Sly

To clarify he was talking about the period he disappeared from the starting line up early in the season 

6 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Has he been seen since not closing down the ball for the Villa cross leading to their winner??

Brendan doesn't rate him imo.

Think he’s still deciding if he should close it down or not 

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2020 at 19:34, mad biker said:

A better wide player without doubt, Perez looks much better in the middle.

Gray hardly ever has an end product. St least Perez can occasionally shoot and play a half decent pass.

Who you think will buy  him in the summer? Upper half championship side or lower Prem?

I can see us letting him go for as little as ten million. Upgrade needed

Gutted it hasn't worked for him as when we signed him I genuinely thought he would be a future England regular but even I have to admit it, he's done here! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Gutted it hasn't worked for him as when we signed him I genuinely thought he would be a future England regular but even I have to admit it, he's done here! 

same. he was also really good at his cameo job in the title winning season but since then he's never played well two games in a row, and these days can't play well for 5 minutes in a row. 

• Like 1

Cant see him ever playing for us again. This was his final chance in my opinion. Unless we get a load of injuries, cant see him playing another minute here. Absolutely woeful tonight against a poor championship team. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Cant see him ever playing for us again. This was his final chance in my opinion. Unless we get a load of injuries, cant see him playing another minute here. Absolutely woeful tonight against a poor championship team. 

Very, very harsh.

They were 13 unbeaten before tonight.

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

Could be his last appearance for us I'm afraid. Bags of talent but his decision making is awful.

Oh I wouldn’t bank on it. We’ve been here so many times before it’s getting boring now. 

Surely that’s Grays last game in a City shirt..:P

Edited by NewquayFox

13 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Very, very harsh.

They were 13 unbeaten before tonight.

Harsh on Birmingham or harsh on Gray? 

Shame really.

He was quality when he came on against Palace earlier this season. Thought he’d kick on but he does look finished here tbh.

Gray has has enough chances this season to prove he deserves to be in this team. Apart from a few substitute appearances after he got dropped, he’s shown he has limited potential and has to move on.

as soon as Barnes came on, the energy and attacking play was dramatically different.

i feel sorry for the guy and maybe he’ll make it in some other team where he is the ‘luxury’ light weight player, but we need a quality aggressive winger to replace him in the summer.

Would love to know his work rate stats, for someone who should be covering every blade of grass his movement looked limited to me 

Like everyone else I’ve always wanted him to do well but I think it’s the end of the road for him unfortunately.

Seems like he had the potential early on and I don’t know why he’s never been able to kick on. Almost seems to lack that hunger necessary to make it at the top level. Does anyone seriously think that he could get into any premier league side? The way he’s been playing I think he’d struggle to get into the better championship sides imo. 

Sell for whatever we can in the Summer and open up another squad place, either for a prospect bought in or to promote from within.

We need to ship him out for his own good as well as ours. I can't see that he's improved at all over the last few years and now in the few minutes he does get, he's totally anonymous and looks in no danger whatsoever of making a positive impact. I'm less convinced every time I see him that he'll ever be good enough for this level - let him go and kick start his career somewhere else.

Not massively important but noticed for one of their corners nacho sprinted to position himself in defensive line up whilst gray casually walked towards his. Had they gone early he wouldn’t have been ready. Just sums up his work ethic. Coupled with the lack of quality he’s what I always said he would be after seeing him start games. Average championship player