Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I understand all the arguments...but

I would still like to Keep him, & Play him from the bench....

In reality we still only have Under/Albrighton as out n out WBs.

 

I still reckon, the club Made a mistakes by, presuming Gray & Slimani,were on their way out..!!

Should of Added both to those 2 Free EL slots,in the last minute...!!

 

 

He was offered a new contract on this basis though and turned it down so it's not an option is it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone actually know the true reason that Brendan treats him like a leper?  

I remember there was a period last season when he was brought on as a 'impact'  substitute & he played very well.

 

I think it's pretty obvious that on a personal level they won't be sending each other Christmas cards? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluebeau said:

Does anyone actually know the true reason that Brendan treats him like a leper?  

I remember there was a period last season when he was brought on as a 'impact'  substitute & he played very well.

 

I think it's pretty obvious that on a personal level they won't be sending each other Christmas cards? 

Not many of us on here work behind the scenes and can tell you what manager X really thinks of player Y. It could be anything from the fact he's not signed a new contract (if we even offered him one), the manager doesn't rate him over others or even trust him on the pitch(after Villa away in the Semi-final last year where a fresh legged Dimmy didn't press an attacker in the last minute which directly lead to a goal), or they've had a massive fall out behind the scenes . . . Dimmy didn't appreciate the Brodge playing his ABBA top hits in the training ground lounge and they had an arguement over it. Who knows really?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

He was offered a new contract on this basis though and turned it down so it's not an option is it

I just said, what I would like to do....!!

So long as he is in Contract & City are paying the pennies...

Ne is  still part of our Set up & he hasn t been cast out from club/squad training..

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he can't make our match day squad why would spurs want him? Is a strange one but obviously some truth in it. 

I imagine because they need another English player to meet their quota for European games. No way is he getting anywhere near their first team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Walkers said:

He's at a stage where he needs to play games, can understand if he'd want to join Spurs but at the same time his game time will be no better than it has ever been here?

Spurs would be a no brainer for him. Decent pay packet and if it doesn't work out, some mid table prem club would have him in a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bluebeau said:

Does anyone actually know the true reason that Brendan treats him like a leper?  

I remember there was a period last season when he was brought on as a 'impact'  substitute & he played very well.

 

I think it's pretty obvious that on a personal level they won't be sending each other Christmas cards? 

Only Brendan....

Around the time you mention,  Brendan spoke of Gray's development and things he needed to focus and improve on. Maybe he feels that that just hasn't happened or not consistently enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bluebeau said:

Does anyone actually know the true reason that Brendan treats him like a leper?  

I remember there was a period last season when he was brought on as a 'impact'  substitute & he played very well.

 

I think it's pretty obvious that on a personal level they won't be sending each other Christmas cards? 

I doubt it's personal. More financial, grays contract is up in June. I reckon the club said to him either sign a new one accepting your gonna be a squad player or find a club interested in buying you.

 

Gray did neither and is hoping for a big pay day once his contract has run down so the club have basically said screw you then no first team action. It's Guesswork obviously but that's my interpretation of the situation. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I doubt it's personal. More financial, grays contract is up in June. I reckon the club said to him either sign a new one accepting your gonna be a squad player or find a club interested in buying you.

 

Gray did neither and is hoping for a big pay day once his contract has run down so the club have basically said screw you then no first team action. It's Guesswork obviously but that's my interpretation of the situation. 

.....most people would agree with your assessment!!!

Watching the U23s this week and watching his body language he still seems like a kid on the pitch. Doesn't seem to pick anyone up and gets in position without the ball and is ineffective defensively.

  I would love to know what position he started out playing when he was about 10 years old. He looks effective and not so much out of his depth when playing upfront and can finish, it is so frustrating so see such a waste of potential, so many crisis situation where an introspective look was needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gray going out on a free is bad business as he is still a talent who can get in most first teams in EPL and one we can sell for more than £10m, but I guess the club wanted to give him a chance. He showed flashes of talent especially as an impact sub last season and he also scored that goal for the Boss at Cardiff. He is a player I wish he can come really good and is disappointed he is going out on a free it seems. I feel his best position maybe that as a forward. He dances around a bit much but no more than Madders at times so not sure why he is not given the same chance as Madders. Something is missing with him, but so do Barnes and Madders but Gray was never given an extended run. Maybe it is something that BR has decided he cannot step up on.

Edited by Tom12345
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he can't make our match day squad why would spurs want him? Is a strange one but obviously some truth in it. 

 

 

Tielemans wasn’t playing for Monaco.. Kasper wasn’t wanted at Leeds...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Gray going out on a free is bad business as he is still a talent who can get in most first teams in EPL and one we can sell for more than £10m, but I guess the club wanted to give him a chance. He showed flashes of talent especially as an impact sub last season and he also scored that goal for the Boss at Cardiff. He is a player I wish he can come really good and is disappointed he is going out on a free it seems. I feel his best position maybe that as a forward. He dances around a bit much but no more than Madders at times so not sure why he is not given the same chance as Madders. Something is missing with him, but so do Barnes and Madders but Gray was never given an extended run. Maybe it is something that BR has decided he cannot step up on.

Madders is on a completely different level to Gray in every aspect of his game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MPH said:

 

 

Tielemans wasn’t playing for Monaco.. Kasper wasn’t wanted at Leeds...

Tielemans was playing pretty much every game for Monaco, right up until we signed him in January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Dimmy in name, dim in nature.

Possibly on Mastermind but not on a football pitch and this isn't a Mastermind forum.

 

I would go as far to say he's one of the more 'intelligent' footballers in the squad. Take for instance his cameos in the first lockdown, you had players making ridiculous decisions for 70 minutes, for example aimlessly hitting high crosses into giant defenders with only Vardy in the box and at times no one in the box! Gray would come on and would always know when to cross, keep the ball, switch play or dribble. 

 

Also I'm not buying this "He never quite done it"  Not every player is going to be bought for £5m and sold for £70m and just because they're not a first team regular doesn't make them a failure. Gray has made it to (or should be) a fringe player in a top 6 team that can actually change a game from the bench. This is an achievement that many aspiring footballers could only dream about. It's only the 0.000001% of players that then go on to become true greats. 

 

A  blot for BR's copybook is that DG now seems to be out in the cold. He would certainly be a asset with all of these fixtures if we could somehow get him integrated again. 

 

He's always given his all no matter what his situation (highlighted by that performance the other night for the U23s) but has obviously got the hunger to play regularly and probably realised it's now or never to push himself further., Fair play to him, he's been a true servant and no one should question that. 

 

So you call him "dim" but a lot of so called 'professional footballers' would learn a lot from how Demari carries himself both on and off the pitch. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Possibly on Mastermind but not on a football pitch and this isn't a Mastermind forum.

 

I would go as far to say he's one of the more 'intelligent' footballers in the squad. Take for instance his cameos in the first lockdown, you had players making ridiculous decisions for 70 minutes, for example aimlessly hitting high crosses into giant defenders with only Vardy in the box and at times no one in the box! Gray would come on and would always know when to cross, keep the ball, switch play or dribble. 

 

Also I'm not buying this "He never quite done it"  Not every player is going to be bought for £5m and sold for £70m and just because they're not a first team regular doesn't make them a failure. Gray has made it to (or should be) a fringe player in a top 6 team that can actually change a game from the bench. This is an achievement that many aspiring footballers could only dream about. It's only the 0.000001% of players that then go on to become true greats. 

 

A  blot for BR's copybook is that DG now seems to be out in the cold. He would certainly be a asset with all of these fixtures if we could somehow get him integrated again. 

 

He's always given his all no matter what his situation (highlighted by that performance the other night for the U23s) but has obviously got the hunger to play regularly and probably realised it's now or never to push himself further., Fair play to him, he's been a true servant and no one should question that. 

 

So you call him "dim" but a lot of so called 'professional footballers' would learn a lot from how Demari carries himself both on and off the pitch. 

 

One of rodgers strengths is his communication with players. He may be arrogant but he talks to players. If it’s been decided Gray isn’t going to feature then it won’t be because brendan hasn’t tried ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, st albans fox said:

One of rodgers strengths is his communication with players. He may be arrogant but he talks to players. If it’s been decided Gray isn’t going to feature then it won’t be because brendan hasn’t tried ...

...but how has the conversation gone? Gray certainly won't have said "I'm not going to play" so it is Rodger's choice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...