Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

So where will we be in 8 years time?

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think our league position will be around the same position we are now. IE between 7th and 10th place on a consistent basis, which would still be very good going. Would love us to push on and become a team that regularly fights for the Champions League places, but the league is so competitive that it's hard to the current top 6 clubs permanently drop out of that group due to their yearly revenues. If anything there are plenty of teams fighting for our spot with rich owners such as Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Aston Villa, and I'm sure there will be more that join that group.

Hopefully in 10 years time we will have bagged a trophy or two along the way. Would love the FA Cup, or even the Europa League!

I'm not having a go at you Strider, you're a very thoughtful and incisive poster, but the amount of times I read things like this just flippantly tossed around...

...Oh just the odd FA Cup or two, maybe some European trophies....

We're Leicester City.  We've won fck all.*

* apart from once of course :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So who were these mega rich top 6 clubs 10 years ago when Man City were 10th and Spurs 8th... which were pretty much their expected finishing places at the time? 

Status Quos are made to be broken.

Man City got in and spent huge just in time before FFP could take hold, we won’t be able to spend like they did 10 years ago as we can’t earn that much money 

33 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm not having a go at you Strider, you're a very thoughtful and incisive poster, but the amount of times I read things like this just flippantly tossed around...

...Oh just the odd FA Cup or two, maybe some European trophies....

We're Leicester City.  We've won fck all.*

* apart from once of course :D

Surely of all fans, Leicester City fans are the ones that should believe in dreaming the most! Had Puel played a stronger line up in the League Cup in the last two seasons we'd have got to Wembley at least once...

No one knows where we will be in 8 years time, but I would like to dream there will be one or two additions to the trophy cabinet! :scarf:

And, now, on SKYBBC State Television, we eagerly await our first season of football after the 5 year hiatus due to that nuclear winter caused by the War of The Chlorinated Chickens, and first up, we go live to what's left of the King Power Stadium for Leicester City versus Atletico Wigston. 

Such a shame that Leicester City had only just redeveloped their Stadium to a 70,000 seater behemoth, and were on course to win the Champions League, having thrashed all opponents during those two incredible "invincibles" years, just before Big Boris struck midnight and the unfortunate event occurred, and the excrement hit the ventilation. 

Indeed, as we chow down on our home grown turnip soup, those of us who survived are glad that it's an afternoon kick off, before the mutated rats come out at night. 

This game will, of course, benefit from VAR. Very Angry Remnants. 

AND ITS LIVE.... 

threads_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpeg

Edited by Vacamion
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

And, now, on SKYBBC State Television, we eagerly await our first season of football after the 5 year hiatus due to that nuclear winter caused by the War of The Chlorinated Chickens, and first up, we go live to what's left of the King Power Stadium for Leicester City versus Atletico Wigston. 

Such a shame that Leicester City had only just redeveloped their Stadium to a 70,000 seater behemoth, and were on course to win the Champions League, having thrashed all opponents during those two incredible "invincibles" years, just before Big Boris struck midnight and the unfortunate event occurred, and the excrement hit the ventilation. 

Indeed, as we chow down on our home grown turnip soup, those of us who survived are glad that it's an afternoon kick off, before the mutated rats come out at night. 

This game will, of course, benefit from VAR. Very Angry Remnants. 

AND ITS LIVE.... 

threads_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpeg

Mmm. I like chlorination chicken.

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

No idea. It's a slightly preferable game to 'if only we'd done such-and-such in 2016, we'd now be in the top 6' pointless backwards speculation, but in all honesty I don't know the answer to this.

I'm not sure the world we live in will be very nice in 2027. 

So, no change then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Surely of all fans, Leicester City fans are the ones that should believe in dreaming the most! Had Puel played a stronger line up in the League Cup in the last two seasons we'd have got to Wembley at least once...

No one knows where we will be in 8 years time, but I would like to dream there will be one or two additions to the trophy cabinet! :scarf:

I'm all for dreaming!  I would crawl over freshly salted broken glass to see us lift the FA Cup in my lifetime.

It's just that I keep reading in these type of threads: 'what would be an acceptable season?'  for instance.  The amount of posts that I read saying '7th and an FA Cup' just casually tossed in as an afterthought.   I feel like reaching through the screen and giving them a shake. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

In the foxestalk home for the confused.... nurse ...I'm making water

36 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

In the foxestalk home for the confused.... nurse ...I'm making water

If you deliberately posted this twice then you are a comedy genius. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

Losing to Atletico in the CL quarters on some unbelievably dodgy VAR call.

Although life goes on and things constantly change one thing will be sure. Athletico will do us over in a European competition. 

Ill take that in 2027 to be fair

On 13/08/2019 at 17:41, sm1 said:

Largely depends if our great owners are still here. If they are I can see us as a top PL team,  maybe won a cup or two and playing in Europe regularly. If Top sells up, we'll probably end up back in the championship. 

I don't think he'll sell up. He has too much heart invested in this club and his father was on record saying fans didn't need to worry about that. Maybe it's too sentimental a thought process but I feel Top will follow in Vichai's footsteps in that regard.

We'll be celebrating winning the UEFA Supercup, after Vardy scores a hat trick. Cambiasso will have retired as manager after winning the Champions League 3 times in a row with us. His assistant manager Andy King will take over to hopefully complete winning the domestic treble treble.