Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

“Football fan” is pretty much a synonym for hypocrite, as fans slide from ‘next Messi’ to ‘cart horse’ in the blink of an eye so won’t criticise him for that, but sticking with an early judgement despite contrary contemporary evidence is a weak mentality not a strong one (in my opinion anyway)

I have literally no idea what you’re referring to now?

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Basically, the hypocrisy of football fans, following the flock and the great escape.

In that order.

Or desperately trying to stand out as different for the sake of it. Reminds me of the weirdo tribe at school thinking they were different and not realising they had become a parody. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You’re making that up aren’t you. 
FT is full of hypocrisy and I spoke about Kel and Perez. Both players have basically received incredible abuse on here, with ‘fans’ wanting them out the club etc etc, only for those same ‘fans’ to now be praising them to the skies, (especially Iheanacho) when we KNOW if they dip form again, the same thing will happen over again

Thats hypocrisy kid 

It's not hypocritical to change your opinion. Using Nacho as an example, he hast at times been utter dreadful and in the majority of his time here has looked like he was out of his depth. He received  criticism for that. He is now showing his potential and playing very well. Showing why we spent so much money on him and he is RIGHTFULLY getting as much praise as he deserves. 

That is not hypocrisy. It is the lad getting the response that his performances deserve. 

Picking one opinion and sticking to it regardless what happens, like you have done with Amartey is just outright immature. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Maddison fair enough but praet played 79 minutes and scored and assisted a few days ago. 

I thought Perez was OK yesterday too. Top marks for workrate. I'm not slagging perez just trying to explain why some players tend to get criticism more than others. 

Back on topic…. He was one of our more effective players yesterday 

I have been thoroughly fed up with him in recent months but credit where it’s due…. He deserved to stay on

34 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's not hypocritical to change your opinion. Using Nacho as an example, he hast at times been utter dreadful and in the majority of his time here has looked like he was out of his depth. He received  criticism for that. He is now showing his potential and playing very well. Showing why we spent so much money on him and he is RIGHTFULLY getting as much praise as he deserves. 

That is not hypocrisy. It is the lad getting the response that his performances deserve. 

Picking one opinion and sticking to it regardless what happens, like you have done with Amartey is just outright immature. 

I don’t know why you keep on needing to offend mate? Personally I think it’s better to have a view and generally stick to it. That’s not immature, probably completely the opposite.

My views on Perez have been consistent. I like him and have often argued I think he’s more valuable to the team than many on here recognised. My views on Big Dan haven’t really changed. Handy utility player but just not really good enough. And Cambiasso.. no way a Leicester legend and in many games during the great escape season, actually a liability.

Generally quite set views that I’ve had and have gone against the grain. But I don’t care about that. I’ll stick with them.

24 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Col you are genuinely a good poster on here for 90% of the time but the other 10% of your posts are absolutely crackers mate lol come out with some absolute random rubbish sometimes 

Thanks buddy! I do have to admit I chuck in the odd googly every so often such as simply replying ‘garbage’

To get a reaction basically. 
😀

• Thanks 1

When facts change, opinions change. You can only respond to what you see. If player X has been terrible for months and you are critical of him then it's fine to praise him when he's  doing well. It's not being reactionary or flip flopping or anything else. You change your opinion based on the facts in front of you. In fact, it'd be stubborn and dishonest not to change your opinion when the facts change.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t know why you keep on needing to offend mate? Personally I think it’s better to have a view and generally stick to it. That’s not immature, probably completely the opposite.

My views on Perez have been consistent. I like him and have often argued I think he’s more valuable to the team than many on here recognised. My views on Big Dan haven’t really changed. Handy utility player but just not really good enough. And Cambiasso.. no way a Leicester legend and in many games during the great escape season, actually a liability.

Generally quite set views that I’ve had and have gone against the grain. But I don’t care about that. I’ll stick with them.

Mate, you being offended is your issue not mine because nothing I've said is remotely offensive. 

Having an opinion and refusing to change it regardless of what happens is emotionally immature in my opinion as things change and if you don't change with it then your opinion becomes outdated and one you only have for the sake of having. 

....but don't worry about it because although you claim to generally stick to your opinion, you clearly don't. 13 hours ago, Amartey was "one of the worst players to play for us in a long time" and now he is a "handy utility player"... So hypocrisy must be contagious, eh? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

When facts change, opinions change. You can only respond to what you see. If player X has been terrible for months and you are critical of him then it's fine to praise him when he's  doing well. It's not being reactionary or flip flopping or anything else. You change your opinion based on the facts in front of you. In fact, it'd be stubborn and dishonest not to change your opinion when the facts change.

I’ve always thought it’s the strength of opinion that matters. Be honest, we all see it from football fans. To go from ‘cvnt’ and ‘shouldn’t ever wear the shirt again’ to ‘I always thought there was a player in there’ IS hypocritical. 
It just is.... isn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Mate, you being offended is your issue not mine because nothing I've said is remotely offensive. 

Having an opinion and refusing to change it regardless of what happens is emotionally immature in my opinion as things change and if you don't change with it then your opinion becomes outdated and one you only have for the sake of having. 

....but don't worry about it because although you claim to generally stick to your opinion, you clearly don't. 13 hours ago, Amartey was "one of the worst players to play for us in a long time" and now he is a "handy utility player"... So hypocrisy must be contagious, eh? 

Of course he’s a handy utility player. He can play in different positions. But he’s not much good in any of them is he? Or do you think he is? That’s pretty much all I’m saying and pretty much all I’ve said about Amartey. 
And of course to continually call someone ‘immature’ is offensive. My view is my view, if you don’t agree you don’t agree.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve always thought it’s the strength of opinion that matters. Be honest, we all see it from football fans. To go from ‘cvnt’ and ‘shouldn’t ever wear the shirt again’ to ‘I always thought there was a player in there’ IS hypocritical. 
It just is.... isn’t it?

Totally agree. Some people go from one exteme to the other. If Iheancho has couple of bad games in a row there will be people calling him a donkey and demanding him to be sold immediately. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Of course he’s a handy utility player. He can play in different positions. But he’s not much good in any of them is he? Or do you think he is? That’s pretty much all I’m saying and pretty much all I’ve said about Amartey. 
And of course to continually call someone ‘immature’ is offensive. My view is my view, if you don’t agree you don’t agree.

No, I think that handy utility player is a fair label. I don't think he is great In any one position but I think he is decent in a few. 

My initial point was though that regardless of what Dan does from here on in, your refusal to change your opinion on him as its "hypocritical" means you're opinion on him may not always be relevant. He could go on to be the best player City ever had but because you don't want to ever admit you might be wrong, you will stick to your guns and hide behind the "my right to an opinion" even though you know your wrong.

.....which, IMO is immature AF. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

No, I think that handy utility player is a fair label. I don't think he is great In any one position but I think he is decent in a few. 

My initial point was though that regardless of what Dan does from here on in, your refusal to change your opinion on him as its "hypocritical" means you're opinion on him may not always be relevant. He could go on to be the best player City ever had but because you don't want to ever admit you might be wrong, you will stick to your guns and hide behind the "my right to an opinion" even though you know your wrong.

.....which, IMO is immature AF. 

:please:

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

:please:

Please what? I'm not stopping you from having sh!t opinions mate.... batter in. I will occasionally pop up and mock you for it but that comes with the territory I'm afraid.