Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Please what? I'm not stopping you from having sh!t opinions mate.... batter in. I will occasionally pop up and mock you for it but that comes with the territory I'm afraid.

Please as in I have literally no idea what you are on about?

Oh and more insults I see

:dunno:

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Please as in I have literally no idea what you are on about?

Oh and more insults I see

:dunno:

Saying your opinions are sh!t isn't an insult mate. It's an opinion. Absolutely no different from you calling everyone hypocrites. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t know why you keep on needing to offend mate? Personally I think it’s better to have a view and generally stick to it. That’s not immature, probably completely the opposite.

If you see somebody you didn't rate playing well and contributing, why not just say so or admit they've changed your view? Why do you need to stick rigidly to what you first thought?

It's not a weakness.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Such is the nature of cult worship.

What about having your own thoughts rather than following the crowd?
Cambiasso was bang average in a team that was rooted to the base of the division for three quarters of a season. His legs had basically gone. We signed Huth, protected Cambiasso more and managed to pull-off the great escape as a team. Cambiasso is a legend to football, but is no legend to Leicester City.

Unless you want him to be, because you feel he ‘should have been’. 
Oh and this is before all the reports on him being a bit of a pain in the arse in the dressing room and before the conspiracies about him basically managing the team for Pearson
👍

I agree with this. He was actually very slow and was held in far to high a regard than he should of been purely due to his name.

Dont get me wrong he did ok and his technique and leadership was there to see, but he was a yard off and knew it himself that’s why he left for a weaker league.

Anyone who actually thinks he was a ‘Leicester legend’ is just in a ‘little Leicester’ mind set and wanting a big name to be associated to us as a legend.

In regards to staying up, he was a small reason but there were a lot bigger reasons. Mainly Huth coming in, Vardy moving up top, Mahrez being used more, Albrighton coming in from the wilderness and found the solution.

Proven by the season after where he left but we still were as good even before Kante came in.

Huth over the aging Upson. Vardy being a number 9 not a wide man and Mahrez and Albrighton providing width were why we suddenly showed our unshown potential. 

Edit: and on my opinion on Amarty. I agree with you as well. He’s a very limited and pretty poor player who isn’t really good enough.

However that goal vs Brighton is crucial so will always of done his bit for us , if we get CL.

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1

The guy gets unfair grief and has a role to play not being in our first choice 11 does not make him a bad player just someone who has someone better than him in his natural position it happens and we need a better squad. As for those moaning about his fee, well not down to him but what do people expect for someone who cost £10 million less than Joelinton

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I agree with this. He was actually very slow and was held in far to high a regard than he should of been purely due to his name.

Dont get me wrong he did ok and his technique and leadership was there to see, but he was a yard off and knew it himself that’s why he left for a weaker league.

Anyone who actually thinks he was a ‘Leicester legend’ is just in a ‘little Leicester’ mind set and wanting a big name to be associated to us as a legend.

In regards to staying up, he was a small reason but there were a lot bigger reasons. Mainly Huth coming in, Vardy moving up top, Mahrez being used more, Albrighton coming in from the wilderness and found the solution.

Proven by the season after where he left but we still were as good even before Kante came in.

Huth over the aging Upson. Vardy being a number 9 not a wide man and Mahrez and Albrighton providing width were why we suddenly showed our unshown potential. 

Edit: and on my opinion on Amarty. I agree with you as well. He’s a very limited and pretty poor player who isn’t really good enough.

However that goal vs Brighton is crucial so will always of done his bit for us , if we get CL.

Best post I’ve read in a long long time. Careful though mate. You post an honest post, agreeing with me, don’t expect any rep points.. 

👍

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

What you’ve just explained is true of FT, in a nutshell.

It’s full of hypocrisy. The likes of Nacho and Ayoze have received dogs abuse on here. Now that Nacho has had a good run of games, suddenly he’s brilliant. Finally the usual suspects are starting to see Perez importance to the team, but that’s after many months of rabid criticism. 
And you’re right that other players can’t do any wrong. Amartey is possibly the worst player we’ve had at the club in a long time, but the FT faithful seem to adore him

I’ve never gotten it, never will. I just take it for what it is these days.

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

Imagine you had a job, i dunno, selling carpets.  You're shit at selling carpets so your boss calls you in and tells you that you're shit at selling carpets.  He might even say that you probably don't have a future with his carpet selling business. 

Imagine you then improve.  You're selling carpets left right and centre.  You've become carpet salesman of the month!  You get a nice shiny award and everything.  

Your boss calls you in, congratulates you, offers you a cigar and tells you how delighted he is by your improvement and your performance.   

Is your boss a hypocrite?

I want to sit here and slate your analogy because I don’t like it at all but I can’t think of a genuine reason to give so maybe it’s an amazing analogy lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

Rigid opinions are bad opinions. Things change and people need to change with them. A rigid opinion is only good for as long as the relevant info available supports it, once it supports something else then that opinion becomes dated and holding on to it due to stubbornness is not a good trait to have, in football who really cares but in a larger context could be actively dangerous. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t know why you keep on needing to offend mate? Personally I think it’s better to have a view and generally stick to it. That’s not immature, probably completely the opposite.

My views on Perez have been consistent. I like him and have often argued I think he’s more valuable to the team than many on here recognised. My views on Big Dan haven’t really changed. Handy utility player but just not really good enough. And Cambiasso.. no way a Leicester legend and in many games during the great escape season, actually a liability.

Generally quite set views that I’ve had and have gone against the grain. But I don’t care about that. I’ll stick with them.

Why would you think it's better to have a view and stick to it? Even when a player improves or declines enough to make your opinion look ridiculous?

It's possible for a player to miss a penalty and a sitter in one game, and then not long after, bang in 7 goals in 4 games. You're not wrong to criticise that player for a poor performance when it's deserved and then praise the same player when he's on fire. There's absolutely nothing hypocritical about that.

People once believed the Earth was flat, you know (sadly, that's not a great example these days as there are plenty who still have this belief). There was a time when you could be forgiven for thinking that was true. Nobody knew any better. Better evidence was eventually discovered, and sensible people changed their mind.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I want to sit here and slate your analogy because I don’t like it at all but I can’t think of a genuine reason to give so maybe it’s an amazing analogy lol

Perhaps it deserves a good carpeting.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

Round earthers are just fickle hypocrites. Flat earthers should be praised for being mature and brave enough to stick to their guns and go against the grain

Elliptical spheroid.

And pedants should be praised above all.

On 04/04/2021 at 17:00, murphy said:

Imagine you had a job, i dunno, selling carpets.  You're shit at selling carpets so your boss calls you in and tells you that you're shit at selling carpets.  He might even say that you probably don't have a future with his carpet selling business. 

Imagine you then improve.  You're selling carpets left right and centre.  You've become carpet salesman of the month!  You get a nice shiny award and everything.  

Your boss calls you in, congratulates you, offers you a cigar and tells you how delighted he is by your improvement and your performance.   

Is your boss a hypocrite?

Maybe you weren't that bad in the first place, maybe only being offered the chance to sell when the best saleman was on holiday didn't help

Or people offering to drive you to "Allied carpets"

Maybe the people not seeing the potential were the problem not the carpet seller.

Maybe people will learn and not slag off the next person who doesn't sell many carpets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/04/2021 at 17:25, Raw Dykes said:

Why would you think it's better to have a view and stick to it? Even when a player improves or declines enough to make your opinion look ridiculous?

It's possible for a player to miss a penalty and a sitter in one game, and then not long after, bang in 7 goals in 4 games. You're not wrong to criticise that player for a poor performance when it's deserved and then praise the same player when he's on fire. There's absolutely nothing hypocritical about that.

People once believed the Earth was flat, you know (sadly, that's not a great example these days as there are plenty who still have this belief). There was a time when you could be forgiven for thinking that was true. Nobody knew any better. Better evidence was eventually discovered, and sensible people changed their mind.

It depends on the level of critism, Acknowledging that a player is underperforming is one thing but dishing out a torrent or abuse or booing players in the stadium is another level. The amount of abuse Perez and Iheanacho have had on here you'd think they'd been putting turds through peoples letter boxes.

On 04/04/2021 at 14:02, Corky said:

If you see somebody you didn't rate playing well and contributing, why not just say so or admit they've changed your view? Why do you need to stick rigidly to what you first thought?

It's not a weakness.

Stuart Sutherland quote: The willingness to change one's mind in the light  of...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

It depends on the level of critism, Acknowledging that a player is underperforming is one thing but dishing out a torrent or abuse or booing players in the stadium is another level. The amount of abuse Perez and Iheanacho have had on here you'd think they'd been putting turds through peoples letter boxes.

Spot on

Pretty much the point I’ve been making

And regarding changing my view on a player like Dan Amartey, I haven’t. I still don’t think he’s good enough to play for Leicester on a consistent basis 

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on

Pretty much the point I’ve been making

And regarding changing my view on a player like Dan Amartey, I haven’t. I still don’t think he’s good enough to play for Leicester on a consistent basis 

That wasn't what you were saying at all. You were saying it's better to have an opinion of a player and stick with it, rather than ever change your opinion based on the evidence. You were saying that it would be immature and hypocritical to do so. It was nothing to do with abuse.

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

That wasn't what you were saying at all. You were saying it's better to have an opinion of a player and stick with it, rather than ever change your opinion based on the evidence. You were saying that it would be immature and hypocritical to do so. It was nothing to do with abuse.

Read back through the thread and you’ll see that’s how it started. Unfortunately as often happens the conversation then gets silly.

Regarding having clearer opinions on things yes, I find that’s much less ‘immature’ (not my word btw) than calling a player a cvnt one week, then brilliant the next. 
I think I’ve been clear on this. 
👍

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1