Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

I like the guy, but with the names being bandied about in the Transfer section, it looks likely that Ayoze will at best go down the pecking order. It'd be hard to object to having him warming the bench as an option. He's been a part of 2 seasons in the Top 4 - some might call that coincidence, I could not possibly comment on that, but I accept he might have done his bit now.

Last night he was doing some great work pressing but at the critical moments he often went the wrong side of players to nick the ball and they just turned away. He also falls over so easily it’s ridiculous. 
as someone else said I just don’t know if I rate him because I’m not sure what he’s trying to do 

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He was signed as a winger and he is most definitely not that. If we can sign someone better I wouldn’t be fussed if we sell him this summer.

He has been playing better recently because it is more his position, on the wing he is useless. I wouldn’t sell him because he is a decent backup for playing behind the front two 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

Think some of these comments are pretty harsh. He’s clearly not the star of this team, but he’s good at pressing, decent workrate, good in tight areas and helps link up play.

Not a world beater but a decent player to have in the squad. I do wish we’d see a few more goals from him though.

I'd be happy with that if he didn't cost 30m  . He's one of our most expensive players yet he only get small  amount of stick Slimani got .

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve always defended him but last night he offered absolutely nothing

He can be really effective on his day but his day doesn’t occur often enough 

Effective on his day as long as we don't play any of the big 6. Zero goals and 1 assist in 2 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest bennytwohats
7 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I'd be happy with that if he didn't cost 30m  . He's one of our most expensive players yet he only get small  amount of stick Slimani got .

He’s contributed a hell of a lot more than Slimani did. I can’t really fathom the comparison. Does us paying more money for him feel you’re entitled to give him a certain about of stick to repay the debt?!

2 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

He’s contributed a hell of a lot more than Slimani did. I can’t really fathom the comparison. Does us paying more money for him feel you’re entitled to give him a certain about of stick to repay the debt?!

Perez has scored 1 goal in 2 seasons that have won us points. That's a frightening stat, even Slimani did more for us than that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Effective on his day as long as we don't play any of the big 6. Zero goals and 1 assist in 2 seasons.

Which isn't the worst thing in the world, if we get ourselves together this window and he's not in the starting XI against the top teams, he can rotate in against the weaker sides where he does better and give others a break. Probably in for another long season in 21/22 so everyone will have a part to play. 

My favourite Perez moment last night was when he intercepted a pass, then under absolutely no pressure, he dribbled forwards 5 yards and played a terrible 10 yard pass to Vardy who got immediately tackled.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

My favourite Perez moment last night was when he intercepted a pass, then under absolutely no pressure, he dribbled forwards 5 yards and played a terrible 10 yard pass to Vardy who got immediately tackled.

Fouled, but don’t let facts get in the way. Vardy won a free kick

thought Perez was okay yesterday, certainly did more defensive work than Maddison would have done

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, Ric Flair said:

Perez has scored 1 goal in 2 seasons that have won us points. That's a frightening stat, even Slimani did more for us than that.

As I said in my earlier post, I agree he needs to increase his goal contribution. But again it’s the wrong comparison, Slimani was in the team to score goals and little else. We clearly have never used Perez as our main goal outlet. But there are more important things than stats. Slimani sounded like a bad apple on all accounts, Ayo is hosting parties for the boyz.

I don’t really get the mentality of some people that after one of the most important wins of the season our first reaction is to come and score points against some of the lesser players in our squad. We all know Perez isn’t a world beater, but he’s played a useful squad role at times over the past couple of seasons. That’s enough for me. If you guys want to carry on with your takedown then go ahead

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Which isn't the worst thing in the world, if we get ourselves together this window and he's not in the starting XI against the top teams, he can rotate in against the weaker sides where he does better and give others a break. Probably in for another long season in 21/22 so everyone will have a part to play. 

I forgot to mention that his record vs any team where he's actually won us any points from a goal or assist is vs West Ham away last season and Sheffield Utd away this season. Every other game he has scored or assisted we'd have got the points without his contributions (subjective I suppose) or we lost anyway.

For £30m and given he has now played a fair chunk of the season in his favoured position and its seen no increase in end product is pretty damning. 

Anything around £10m or more and I'd cut our losses and scarper. He's a myth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

Fouled, but don’t let facts get in the way. Vardy won a free kick

thought Perez was okay yesterday, certainly did more defensive work than Maddison would have done

Vardy forced a foul because Perez played the ball to the wrong side of him and managed to get there before the defender.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Eh ? I've not given any stick I'm just pointing out for a player to contribute. what I'm sure the club would have expected from him when they forked out 30 m . 

As for the Slimani comparison i believe his goal to minutes ratio was pretty good . The fact he wasn't worth it either can't be denied. 

He didn't offer much last night, but to be fair, I couldn't work out where he was supposed to be playing.

He's more effective playing behind the front 2, but last night he looked to be playing wider, which we know he's not the best at. 

Instead of picking up pockets of space between the defence and midfield, he was receiving the ball wider and just got marked out of the game

Perez can’t help the fact that he cost £30m. I totally get that. But he did, and that’s too much money for a player who’s only real attributes is working hard off the ball. He doesn’t score anywhere near enough goals. He doesn’t even get enough assists. In my opinion, if we could press the reset button and have that £30m back now I’d take it. 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Blimey that really puts some perspective on it!

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've always said he's ok as a squad player, but if we could recoup a large portion of that 30m back I'd definitely take it. He does a lot of defensive work higher up the pitch though, that's probably what has kept him as this club for so long and why he was originally purchased.

If Maddison isn't on form or he's injued, we have no-one that can play CAM or support the 2 lads upfront, it's a glaring hole in this squad in the current formation.

If we got another quality 8 in, I'm sure Youri would be a more than capable 10 in some games, particularly against those bus parking teams we have fared so poorly against this season at home.

9 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Perez can’t help the fact that he cost £30m. I totally get that. But he did, and that’s too much money for a player who’s only real attributes is working hard off the ball. He doesn’t score anywhere near enough goals. He doesn’t even get enough assists. In my opinion, if we could press the reset button and have that £30m back now I’d take it. 

Does he even work that hard off the ball? Most of the time he just tracks back and concedes a foul or gets out muscled and doesn't make a defensive contribution

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I forgot to mention that his record vs any team where he's actually won us any points from a goal or assist is vs West Ham away last season and Sheffield Utd away this season. Every other game he has scored or assisted we'd have got the points without his contributions (subjective I suppose) or we lost anyway.

For £30m and given he has now played a fair chunk of the season in his favoured position and its seen no increase in end product is pretty damning. 

Anything around £10m or more and I'd cut our losses and scarper. He's a myth.

Yeah, I was aware of the goals he scored being largely meaningless, especially his hattrick against Southampton in the 9-0. Amartey has scored more "points winning" goals than Perez, against Stoke and Brighton. 

• Haha 1

He can’t help what the club paid for him , that’s the club’s fault, but the bloke plays like he has no heart , plays quick one pass balls that are not on or put his team mates under great pressure. Don’t think he is lazy but always comes across that way .