Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Around the 18 yard box he looks a decent player, showed some nice link up play today.

When he receives the ball about 30-40 yards from goal though he is fvcking shit, gets bullied off the ball far too easily, gives the ball away, then the opposition break on us.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Would have liked to have seen how he'd have been up front with Vardy in the diamond.

I just don't think he's a winger. He's been a goalscorer for Newcastle and I think we're wasting that out wide.

It must be very different for him going from playing off a proper target man in Rondon to trying to support a completely differerent type of striker in Vardy. I'm with you in that I don't think he's really a winger, though I wonder if it's worth trying him on the left cutting in as opposed to the right. 

I am quietly confident he will do well here. The fans claiming he is being played out of position are basing that on what? Did they ever watch Newcastle at all?

Ricardo was abysmal for us early on and now look at him. Now, not every player will start poorly and then show their true ability once they bed in but plenty struggle early on at new clubs.

He scored most of his goals at Newcastle as a right forward, in a 4-1-4-1 which incidentally was the first league game he played RW in the system, he will get chances to do what he is good at. Pressing, winning the ball and attacking crosses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Thought he did alright today. Some good link up play at times. I just wish he'd take a gamble at the far post when the ball gets fizzed in.

Yes, this was the one criticism I had - he should have been on the back post a couple of times today.

Tbf though, it's not just him - we NEVER have anyone at the back post.

I've lost count of the number of times I'm like 'BACKPOST!' and nobody is there, ever. 

• Like 1

He had his best game for us today, got involved in plenty of attacks and often linked well with Tielemans and Ricardo. 

He does seem a bit lightweight to me though, like he's new to the Premier League, not just Leicester. He's clearly technically good but kind of one-paced and backed out of several challenges with Rose.

Plenty of positives today however and I'd start him next week against Newcastle.

I thought he was terrible tbh. 

His effort levels were not great either. 

When Kasper had the ball he was jogging forward, which made it easy for Rose to mark him. 

He should have been sprinting out to the right hand side to put pressure on their backs. 

Not given up on him, but think there's a lot more to come. 

The weak link for the 1st half and much of the the second until substituted 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

He was better today and brought a balance to the team on the right side. He worked well with Ricardo down the right and Tielimans on the inside.

His problem is he's still trying to find out where he fits into the team. This can take time with some players and instant with others.

He was physical today from the start which I liked and not afraid to have a go. He's getting there albeit a little slowly, just keep the faith.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry96 said:

He wasn’t that bad today, people need to remember he’s playing out of position.

Why buy him then?

This is our stock formation playing 4-1-4-1. He's not playing as a No8 so if he can't play on the right wing then we should have bought someone who could. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

I've been saying it all along too. When he gets up front he looks so much more dangerous.

Today there were some nice touches, but several dodgy ones too.

We need proper wingers out there and not use Perez and Maddison like we have been in recent matches.

Ryan Fraser, David Brookes, Richarlison, Harry Wilson etc