Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

45 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

My worry is that anyone persued can just say it's someoneelse's liability.

Re the sum.  Having had an experience where we calculated the loss of earnings plus addional expences coz someome is no longer there. ...we then had to subtract the future living costs of the deceased! 

I expect they will have to go some to justify more than 1mill

.. wrong thread!!! 

On 23/09/2019 at 09:17, Nicolo Barella said:

But whilst I think that he will be able to perform on the wing in the 4-1-4-1, I think saying he was a right winger at Newcastle is like saying Salah last season was Liverpool's right winger. Technically correct, but does not fully encompass their role, contributions and even overall  position in attack to the team. I actually think he could perform well in the second striker role that Barnes ably took on after Perez got subbed off.

Traditional winger... no... inside forward... yes. 

His heat maps aren't much different to what he's doing here, other than we're finding him too deep, too often IMO. 

Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 16.16.10.png

Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 16.15.25.png

Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 16.14.32.png

• Like 2

On 13/09/2019 at 08:50, murphy said:

Why does it have to be so confrontational?

This muppet feels quite entitled to have an opinion about a player that is very well known in the PL and whether or not I think it's good business for us to sign him for £30m or whether we should have been aiming much higher.

Not every signing is a success.  Not every Rodgers/Congerton signing works out.

You disagree?  Fine, but I do resent the fact that if you raise your head above the parapet to voice concerns you are automatically tarred as part of some kind of nay-saying hate mob.  I don't particularly enjoy being on this side of the argument and you don't know the first thing about me so please spare me the lazy assumptions.

As it happens I was 'Puel in', I was positive about the signing of some of our high profile failures like Nacho and Silva for example, I have rallied against the abuse that Wes gets on here and Ghezzal, preached patience in Chilwell's first year but it is witlessly assumed by the hard of thinking that one opinion puts you into one camp.  Things are not so black and white.

I call it as I see it.  Largely I have been very positive about recent signings - Youri, Justin, Maddison, Evans, Ricardo.  Those I think are mistakes or overspends I have called too - Ghezzal, Perez.  What is wrong with that on a forum in which our opinions are kinda the whole point? 

I just think anyone with the name Murphy tends to talk bollocks about football. Nothing personal

• Sad 2

On 23/09/2019 at 08:55, Ric Flair said:

Perez is prolific compared with Albrighton and Gray, he usually gets 8-10 a season from RW and last year he got 13.

Yes Perez is prolific compared to our wide players. 

I was thinking of Albrighton, Barnes, Gray. When I said our wide players are not prolific enough.

I don't see Perez as a wide player, he's not quick enough. He is technically good though with an eye for Goal.

Forget what he done elsewhere. it means nothing here. He has to do it and deliver all over again.

At the moment he's still trying to find out where he fits into our plan going forward. That's the challenge for both him and BR.

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes Perez is prolific compared to our wide players. 

I was thinking of Albrighton, Barnes, Gray. When I said our wide players are not prolific enough.

I don't see Perez as a wide player, he's not quick enough. He is technically good though with an eye for Goal.

Forget what he done elsewhere. it means nothing here. He has to do it and deliver all over again.

At the moment he's still trying to find out where he fits into our plan going forward. That's the challenge for both him and BR.

But he's always played off the right, I don't understand why fans think he plays a different position to the one he's played the majority of his time at Newcastle. 

• Like 1

I know I've banged on about he's a right winger when fans have said he's playing out of position but thinking about his role at Newcastle, they always played with a left footed left winger in Ritchie, Atsu or Kenedy. I wonder if we need to consider how the team as a whole fairs with Perez playing as a right winger but who's primary role is to drift wherever the fcuk he likes. He scored a fair few goals from attacking crosses coming in from the left, such as that bloody winner against us last season. The issue we have is, all our left wingers (Barnes, Albrighton or even Gray) are right footed and cut inside, so the crosses are likely to come from Chilwell who has webbed feet. I have long thought Barnes might be better suited on the right where he has Ricardo as support, so maybe Perez could shift to the left, or Albrighton play there if he continues to disappoint?

14 minutes ago, LCFCABC said:

I'm pleased that once he scores 1 goal, the next goal he scores will mean he has scored 2 goals. 

I'm looking forward to when he's scored 2 goals. Any more than that would mean he's scored more than 2 which is a real bonus. 

Ace Post. 

14 minutes ago, LCFCABC said:

I'm pleased that once he scores 1 goal, the next goal he scores will mean he has scored 2 goals. 

I'm looking forward to when he's scored 2 goals. Any more than that would mean he's scored more than 2 which is a real bonus. 

really good post, your logic  makes complete sense.

I'm sorry. But today's exemplary team display only served to magnify that this guy is the odd man out.

A.lovely flick to set up Ricardo's goal and a few neat touches....but way way off the level of every other player. I'm sure a stats person could illustrate how many 50/50 challenges he lost today.

It's a shame for him, because multiple attacking and midfield players are ahead of him in ability; Praet, Choudhary, Gray, Albrighton and Barnes are all streets ahead but each has had far fewer opportunities to start than this guy

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sorry. But today's exemplary team display only served to magnify that this guy is the odd man out.

A.lovely flick to set up Ricardo's goal and a few neat touches....but way way off the level of every other player. I'm sure a stats person could illustrate how many 50/50 challenges he lost today.

It's a shame for him, because multiple attacking and midfield players are ahead of him in ability; Praet, Choudhary, Gray, Albrighton and Barnes are all streets ahead but each has had far fewer opportunities to start than this guy

He was much better last week than today, he should have buried that early chance that Barnes served him on a plate. His pressing is very important to this team though so he could be Shinjiesque for the most part with very little goals or assists to his name but a player that helps the team no end. I expect more though and hope to see it eventually.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Perez is playing out of position imo, but let's give him a chance, 

• Like 1