Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think like Maddison isn't effective on the left, likewise Perez on the right according to Newcastle fans. Best in the middle which is where he hit goalscoring for last season. 

The issue is, I really don't see how he plays in the middle when we have Maddison and Tielemans. There's too many conundrums right now and its pointing towards 4-3-1-2 which will be very narrow but would get Perez more central alongside Vardy.

• Like 3

Geordie mate of mine said before we'd signed Ayoze that he's a frustrating player but he works his bollocks off, he's a good finisher and will get goals. Was gutted he left in the end. Can expect a few of these sorts of performances from him I imagine but we've not seen anywhere near the best of him yet. I'd start him again next week, good chance of scoring against them and giving himself a big boost.

Edited by Goober
  • Like 4

When he’s in more of a withdrawn role he gets abit more time on the ball and has to over think it and it does seem to take him a while to find his feet if he’s pushed up alongside Vardy he’ll have to use his instinct and will be more effective inside the area

Not made an immediate impact as we hoped but I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet.

Evans and Ricardo were a bit underwhelming early on last season but came good.

I can understand with our recent record in Musa and Ghezzal about these signings not going to plan but I'm confident Perez will be up to the task

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue is, I really don't see how he plays in the middle when we have Maddison and Tielemans. There's too many conundrums right now and its pointing towards 4-3-1-2 which will be very narrow but would get Perez more central alongside Vardy.

You're quite right. Why do we have to shoehorn them all in though? A bit like when England played Gerrard and Lampard or stuck Paul Scholes out on the left wing!

Surely you play the best team, in the best formation for any one particular game, with players in their best positions.  If that means certain players worth millions of pounds having to sit on the bench occasionally then so be it. It's a long season with various competitions and potential injuries.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He was pretty awful today, but I feel the same with him and Madders these two aren't natural wingers so I dont see why we're so desperate to play them there rather than trying a diamond 

They were played as inside forwards, not wingers, which is why he was signed as opposed to buying a proper winger, but If he's a £30m player, then so am I.

I was nonplussed when we signed him and got a battering for daring to say so.

Thought he did well today, worked his socks off to get the ball back for us and is capable of holding the ball up and turning a man. Even if he isn’t blessed with blistering pace he’s  not afraid to get stuck in and that’s ultimately what turned the game for us today, everyone sucked it up and got gritty and Chelsea couldn’t handle it 

Not the greatest performances but we have to give him time. The chance he had to play Vardy in behind the last man, but instead played the ball in completely the wrong direction, summed up his performance. Just not on the same wavelength as Vardy. He also needs to lay it off quickly when he's being pressurised because otherwise he'll get out-muscled and lose the ball, like he's done a few times in the 2 games so far. But I guess he's not playing in his preferred position so may take a while to adapt.

17 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

lol, typical FT writing a player off after 2 full games. 

'supporters' 

clue in the name. maybe give it a few more games before making him the next scapegoat. 

Exactly the same thing happened with Ricardo last year. If that doesn't make people think twice...

Wasn't it Perez in the box when Vardy dragged that left foot shot wide instead of crossing it? 

• Like 4

He’s not looked great so far, but if we’d spent 30m on Vardy the way he’s played this season there’d be riots on here.

It all takes time, not just for an individual but for a whole unit to gel. The one thing everyone agrees about Perez is he works hard and has ambitions to improve himself, so I have no worries. One goal and and it will all look a lot rosier...

He's one of these players that will do absolutely nothing in a game other than score a hat-trick. Look at Harry Kane (and I'm not comparing Kane with Perez) he does very little other than score goals. When Perez starts finding the back of the net we will be sorted. On another note, what about that touch in the second half :wub:

51 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

'supporters' 

clue in the name. maybe give it a few more games before making him the next scapegoat. 

That's unfair as for me the signings of Tielemans and Justin this summer I was 100% happy with but I was always dubious about Perez and his performances so far haven't swayed me.

I thought we were a top a top class winger/inside forward away from becoming a really good side and Perez so far still has it all to prove that he improves the first XI. He got a very good goal against Atalanta in the friendly but in the three times I've watched him I can't remember him doing much else. I've not made a final judgement on him yet but it's not the greatest of starts. I accept he can probably score a few goals and is good at finding space and recovering the ball but he's not a player to get you up off your seat.

The jury is still out and it's premature to give a verdict one way or the other but in my experience if a player has quality then more time than not it stands out very quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

'supporters' 

lol, typical FT.  People still don't understand that a player can be judged on career to date not two games, hence why I was nonplussed when he signed, ie before he played for us at all, based on what I know of him as a Newcastle player.  Lightweight and consistently gives the ball away, but does score a few when he has been played centrally.  He didn't just drop out of the sky.

Will still 'support ' him though, just as I have always supported Leicester players of all abilities but will also reserve the right to have an opinion, thanks.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

Ive never associated Perez as being top class player. He had a decent season last year but I was always dubious when he was linked to clubs like Man U etc. For me it’s telling he isn’t a full Spain international suggesting he’s not at that level and at his age unlikely to be.

I think he’s useful as a back up no10 or striker but for me Albrighton and Barnes should be ahead of him as wingers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Ive never associated Perez as being top class player. He had a decent season last year but I was always dubious when he was linked to clubs like Man U etc. For me it’s telling he isn’t a full Spain international suggesting he’s not at that level and at his age unlikely to be.

I think he’s useful as a back up no10 or striker but for me Albrighton and Barnes should be ahead of him as wingers.

I largely agree. We essentially bought an Albrighton replacement who can score. I'd stick with him. You can't judge a player on two poor performances in a new team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, murphy said:

lol, typical FT.  People still don't understand that a player can be judged on career to date not two games, hence why I was nonplussed when he signed, ie before he played for us at all, based on what I know of him as a Newcastle player.  Lightweight and consistently gives the ball away, but does score a few when he has been played centrally.  He didn't just drop out of the sky.

Will still 'support ' him though, just as I have always supported Leicester players of all abilities but will also reserve the right to have an opinion, thanks.

Except for the fact the vast majority of his goals last season came from playing on the right. 

• Like 1