Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 minute ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

We’re better with him in the side. We’re also massively missing Ricardo bombing past him too, their partnership & link up is underrated. 

I'm not sure what you're seeing, Ricardo is so good in some games he can literally cover the whole right side allowing Perez to come on the inside but if Ricardo needs to play more defensive and Perez needs to play out wide.... Well as donnie brasco says "forget about it". 

Our front wide players that are there to support Vardy seem to spend as much time supporting our full backs or defending in other ways. With our points advantage  diminishing every game there will have to come a time when Brendan may have to let them have their head. Either that or change the system to some sort of counter attack strategy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

He must be a defenders dream.

He wont go by you, inside or outside.

He wont tackle you.

He cant beat you

He will fall over if you breathe on him

He wont score a goal

He wont assist a goal

He wont hurt you.

He wont link well with his team-mates

He doesn't seem to care if he plays badly.

Ayoze Perez

"The Defenders Dream Player"

Dude, he's still a Leicester player so let's look at the positives. I think playing as CF in the right set up he'd be decent, but when pushed out wide and asked to beat a man as is so often in our team he's next to useless. It's quite clear we're lacking in creativity, what's more concerning is BR keeps playing him there

1 hour ago, hamptonfox said:

He must be a defenders dream.

He wont go by you, inside or outside.

He wont tackle you.

He cant beat you

He will fall over if you breathe on him

He wont score a goal

He wont assist a goal

He wont hurt you.

He wont link well with his team-mates

He doesn't seem to care if he plays badly.

Ayoze Perez

"The Defenders Dream Player"

I will agree with a lot of your comments here. However he is not a winger. I am not sure at all why we signed Perez to play him RW. His best position is just off Vardy or another striker. He has zero attributes as a winger, but play him just behind a striker there is a player there who will do something. 10 goals a season for Newcastle suggests that. I do blame our recruitment here though not Perez.  Surely we should have signed a RW to play RW position. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm not sure what you're seeing, Ricardo is so good in some games he can literally cover the whole right side allowing Perez to come on the inside but if Ricardo needs to play more defensive and Perez needs to play out wide.... Well as donnie brasco says "forget about it". 

Well we’ve won 13 of the 21 premier league games he started, drawing the other 4 so that’s probably where I’ve got it from. You’re right Ricardo is good enough to cover the whole right hand side by himself, but Perez drifting inside allows him that space

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Well we’ve won 13 of the 21 premier league games he started, drawing the other 4 so that’s probably where I’ve got it from. You’re right Ricardo is good enough to cover the whole right hand side by himself, but Perez drifting inside allows him that space

That was okay when we started the season, we had confidence and momentum, ayoze would battle the ball back and he is decent inside and around the box but we need more than that, we need a player that can play out wide beat a man as our previous tactics have now been figured out, for when Ricardo isn't playing or we're playing against decent opposition, Perez is nothing more than a luxury. 

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

He was bought to score goals and make goals. He wasn’t bought to run a lot. Literally any of us can work hard. He has been awful all season and one of our biggest transfer flops ever behind musa, silva and slimani.

How do you know what he was bought to do? There was plenty of talk about how he was one of the elite forward pressers in the league last year, I’m sure that was an important factor in his purchase, considering Rodgers wanted to implement a high intensity pressing game.

He’s also clearly not being played in his favoured position. Getting 7 goals and 4 assists in your debut season whilst not playing in your natural position should not make him comparable with any of those names. That’s not actually an awful haul at all. 

On 25/05/2020 at 12:45, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough mate, I think this season Youri looks stockier than he did when he first came in. It might be speed of mind or teams pressing him quicker, but he seemed to have a bit more of a turn of pace to get away from a marker and play a quick pass. 

You might be right with Pérez as well with bulking up, but I think he might lose a bit of sharpness with his quick feet and link up with Ricardo being a positive from him this season, similar to what I think may have happened with Tielemans. 

I completely agree on Youri, gone the full nacho, I'm afraid.

We play better with Perez because he may not be fast or strong, but he can run all day and he loves the press.

Ayoze Perez is a striker but he can't play up front because he's too lightweight and can't play back to goal. So he gets played out of position on the wing where he is not suited to it.

Basically, although he does some things well, he has been a waste of money 

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Ayoze Perez is a striker but he can't play up front because he's too lightweight and can't play back to goal. So he gets played out of position on the wing where he is not suited to it.

Basically, although he does some things well, he has been a waste of money 

He's a second striker. If Vardy had decent linkup it would have made sense to buy Perez, but he doesn't, so idk why we got him. We needed someone who could figure shit out by themselves, like Mahrez, which is a lot more difficult to find.

8 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

How do you know what he was bought to do? There was plenty of talk about how he was one of the elite forward pressers in the league last year, I’m sure that was an important factor in his purchase, considering Rodgers wanted to implement a high intensity pressing game.

He’s also clearly not being played in his favoured position. Getting 7 goals and 4 assists in your debut season whilst not playing in your natural position should not make him comparable with any of those names. That’s not actually an awful haul at all. 

What else are wingers meant to do. What a stupid comment. Imagine thinking he’s been bought to press. He’s simply not good enough

I personally think he’s underrated and that it speaks volumes that our best half of football since the restart coincided with his first full half played. Clearly, he’s not very fit, hence why he was subbed off at the hour mark.

I’d probably agree that we’ve overpaid for him, but I’m not sure I’d call him a poor signing. Ghezzal, Slimani, Silva were poor signings, Ayo isn’t.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, splinterdream said:

When they say on BT or Sky sport how good our recruitment is #perez #amartey #slimani #musa #iheanacho #gray #kaputska #Benkovic #Bennett #diabate #ghezzal #silva

Screenshot_20200628_203710.jpg

I'll give you Musa, Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal and maybe Nacho as bad recruitment. 

Perez cost a bit but isn't 'bad'.

The rest were young players who cost little and were worth a punt.  

Bennett is on loan as cover; solid player with decent experience. Amartey had been decent and getting into form until that horrific ankle injury that he's struggled to recover from.

But considering you're wrapped up on the bad, I'll point out the good. Soyuncu (£19mill), Evans (£3mill), Ricardo (£25mill), Ndidi (£16mill), Maddison (£21mill), Praet (£17mill) and Youri (£39mill). All brilliant buys, and great recruitment. But yeah we recruit badly. 

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

What else are wingers meant to do. What a stupid comment. Imagine thinking he’s been bought to press. He’s simply not good enough

Stay classy mate. He was bought to contribute and press, both things. We’re a better team with him in it. 12 goal contributions isn’t bad for a debut season. Same amount as Barnes in less games. Give it up.

Did you hate Okazaki because of his lack of goal scoring? 

D099100B-BDD7-4AFA-B2BC-6AD54833C378.png

Edited by Gevans_97
Added Picture

I think we're a better team with him in it, but ultimately he doesn't score enough goals, just like Barnes. We need at least one winger that's going to get us 10-15 goals, so next season one of these will have to make way, and I've got a feeling it'll be Perez, as Barnes is young and has the potential to improve. Both Barnes and Perez have had so many chances, they should both have at least 9/10 goals.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can we just have a thread called 'Current players that I hate'? That way it's all neatly collated and we can use the rest of this section to discuss everything else football-related.

That might get a bit confusing for some of our simpler posters, think their heads would explode having to choose which player to scream bloody murder about first

We are missing a right winger. I think Justin should be forward of Ricardo (or vice versa) and Perez allowed to roam around the front 3 (possession based circumstances). He isnt quick enough nor have enough stamina (like Youri). We cant keep having to use our DM's to cover our own weaknesses when their jobs need to be focused on the other team and not ours.

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'll give you Musa, Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal and maybe Nacho as bad recruitment. 

Perez cost a bit but isn't 'bad'.

The rest were young players who cost little and were worth a punt.  

Bennett is on loan as cover; solid player with decent experience. Amartey had been decent and getting into form until that horrific ankle injury that he's struggled to recover from.

But considering you're wrapped up on the bad, I'll point out the good. Soyuncu (£19mill), Evans (£3mill), Ricardo (£25mill), Ndidi (£16mill), Maddison (£21mill), Praet (£17mill) and Youri (£39mill). All brilliant buys, and great recruitment. But yeah we recruit badly. 

I don't think i said Perez was a bad player, I think he was a player that when we bought him was the wrong player for our first 11. We needed to replace Mahrez and Perez is obviously unable to fill that roll, furthermore Youri is yet to prove he's worth being our top signing. He came to us and admittedly looked brilliant however he did have a downturn in form before the end of the season, and this season he really hasn't been great. He is slow, seems to struggle getting in 90 minutes and loses the ball a lot. Now I think that Youri is being asked to play deeper than he would like and looks more suited to the roll maddison plays, but again it shows we didn't do our homework. As for Bennett, he's not even made the bench has he?

My point was we're not as great in our recruitment as it's made out, sometimes purchasing players as an investment I think rather than improving the squad, we know if the players we buy are working as they're linked with a move to another club. I just hope we purchase a striker and another right or left sided playmaker/winger, I think we also need a CB as relying on Wes next season is ridiculous imo. 

On 28/06/2020 at 20:55, frany104 said:

He was bought to score goals and make goals. He wasn’t bought to run a lot. Literally any of us can work hard. He has been awful all season and one of our biggest transfer flops ever behind musa, silva and slimani.

Oh yes he was. I think it was most tackles by a forward in the PL, here it is. That's workrate.

https://www.trollfootball.me/news/view/ayoze-perez-has-most-combined-tackles-and-interceptions-101-of-any

101 tackles and interceptions, the next highest was 65 at that point. Interestingly, that 45 gap was as much as the gap between 2nd and 19th. I appreciate it was partly down to the Newcastle style, but this part of his game was referenced when we signed him.

You could see that we all of a sudden found our pressing game when we played Chelsea, as Vardy suddenly had that partner that Shinji used to be, back to loads of pointing and pressure. I think he will start from here on in.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1