The comparisons to shinji are very accurate. Capable of a shifting the game in our favour through sheer hard work, and often very frustrating when he's weak and loses possession easily, but even when he's not playing brilliantly we look better with him in the team than without. Hopefully Brendan will find some consistency in him. 

• Like 3

I like aspects of his game and agree well continue to get more from him. The shot second half that swerved was much more like it. My biggest frustration with him is the simpler chances that require composure and a cool head. He seems to snap at those and often wastes good opportunities. 

Hes not alone in that but for 30m and big wages you are generally paying for someone who's technique and ability means they will be more accurate when in that position.  

Would love to see him rattle in a few over a few games. 

Perez played well tonight, made a real nuisance of himself and linked up well with Ricardo down the right. He does add a nice balance to the side.

A big bugbear for me with Perez is how much he lashes at shots when he's in good positions. The Ricardo cut-back and Vardy dummy was beautifully worked and he scooped it over the bar. There have been a few similar occurrences, one in the Watford home game for example. He's finding the space and opening up for the shot well so hopefully it comes with time.

I like Pérez. As an attacking player i suppose he’ll get judged on his assists and goals which is fair enough I suppose, and it’ll always bring him some criticism because I don’t think he’ll score many - but if you spend any time watching us play it’s easy to see how much better we are when he plays. 

• Like 3

Every time he receives the ball I expect him too lose it.. just does not fill me with any confidence.

Wont go up for a header and spends half his time on his arse. 
That all said, He when we are playing well, he fits our style of play.

Gray, Albrighton and Barnes don’t convince though either. We definitely could improve on the flanks.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Things just link up better with him in the side

38 minutes ago, Manini said:

I like Pérez. As an attacking player i suppose he’ll get judged on his assists and goals which is fair enough I suppose, and it’ll always bring him some criticism because I don’t think he’ll score many - but if you spend any time watching us play it’s easy to see how much better we are when he plays. 

22 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Links up play well, some of his hold up play and passing can be quite shit at times but I like the look of us much more going forward when he’s in the side 

14 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Every time he receives the ball I expect him too lose it.. just does not fill me with any confidence.

Wont go up for a header and spends half his time on his arse. 
That all said, He when we are playing well, he fits our style of play.

Most, if not all, of this could be in a thread about shinji. 

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Watch him carefully on Saturday, watch his link up with Ricardo + Tielemans and watch his movement off the ball. 

I'm there on Saturday, I'll look hard and hope for the best because I ain't seen it yet. We look far more effective and more likely to score from the minute he gets substituted by whoever. If he plays well, if selected, I'll very happily eat humble pie.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

I must have been at a different game to most as I thought he was average at best and our worst player - weak and a passenger most of the time.

Dozo...!!  We were not playing in Blue..that was Everton!!  Perez was the Good guy in Pink..!!:D

5 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I must have been at a different game to most as I thought he was average at best and our worst player - weak and a passenger most of the time.

Agreed, constantly giving the ball away, constantly fouling and so weak. The amount of times he gave the ball away and created a 2 vs 1 against Perraira was unreal.

• Like 1

No more needs to be said than the fact that when he went off, 35 year old Leighton Baines was able to bomb on unnoticed.

Out wide isnt his best position, but it probably speaks volumes about his character that he's our best out there on the right.....By a distance too, simply because he has some football intelligence unlike Gray/Marc.