That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

Perez did not fall to earth 3 games ago.  People are quite entitled to have an opinion about the player based on his career.  I was disappointed with the signing and said so but I was horrified that we paid £30m for him.  

I know him as a lightweight player who loses the ball a lot.  Three games in, he has looked like a lightweight player that loses the ball a lot, but my opinion is not based solely on three games but his career to date.  So many people simply cannot understand this.

I just don't think he improves us, nor will he and I think that we will eventually have a third stab at buying the right sided player that we need as we look to offload Ghezzal and count the millions we are pouring down the pan.

Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong.

I think people are reading him wrong, he’s an effective player who scores goals when the opportunities come to him in the area, so far, he’s had pretty much 0 shots and chances to show his strength inside the box. 

I’m sure he’ll come good, his pressing really helps us with the way we want to play by winning the ball high up the pitch, once he gets the first goal he should be fine. He gets around 10 goals a season from his career so far so I reckon he’ll get around that this year, when the chances come.

Just ashame he hasn’t shown a lot else yet and would’ve been nice to see him hit the ground running, but I reckon he’ll be okay. He’s never gonna be a Mahrez, he’s just a safe, decent Premier League player that can hopefully add a few goals. 

• Like 1

Feel for him atm. He's out of position. Similar to Maddison, just in a wider role.

I think Perez' footwork is good and he's quite technical but he needs to be behind or alongside Vardy.

I believe he'll come good. He scored goals at this level in a poor Newcastle side.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Feel for him atm. He's out of position. Similar to Maddison, just in a wider role.

I think Perez' footwork is good and he's quite technical but he needs to be behind or alongside Vardy.

I believe he'll come good. He scored goals at this level in a poor Newcastle side.

Perez has played about 85% of his career at right wing, how is he out of position? 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perez has played about 85% of his career at right wing, how is he out of position? 

Was not aware. Thought he played behind. Always looked behind the forward for Newcastle.

14 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Gray ahead of Perez???

I just don't get that and I don't get why you think he's only worth £10m in today's market.

Gray has a better attack instinct.

Gray is faster than perez maybe double of Perez top speed.

Perez has a better final decision making ability, however I haven't seen that just yet.

At this moment in time I just think there is 2 or 3 players who are more influential to making a difference than the performances have shown so far.

Obviously I want the lad to do well, I also think he will come good but so far he hasn't added much other than run around to make a nuisance, crossing ability isn't great either.

Maybe BR should start him as a forward 2 with Vardy instead of playing him on the wing..

Ofcourse this is my opinion and of my opinion I can only go off what I've seen in the start of the premier league season and to that end I haven't seen him add to the team with anything this far

• Haha 1

Don't forget he was playing alongside Rondon , who is a big beast of a man , we have nobody like that. In truth Rondon would have been a better buy.

• Haha 2

Would be nice if he could have a few goals by now, but I do think we’ve bought him based on the fact that he was the forward with the most tackles in the league last season. The goals would be an added bonus. 

He showed the value of this attribute yesterday and while he’s doing this I think BR will stick by him 

Both he Youri and Perez to a lesser extent re getting in each others way.  They just need to work it out between them. It may take a little time but they'll get there as there all good players and good players find a way to make it work.

Maybe we need to move him to the left wing and move Mads a little more central. Especially with Chilwell out.

Has anyone worked out what made us spunk £30,000,000 on this bloke yet? 

Games sort of seem to pass him by. 

All the Newcastle fans I know have said the same thing. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

As a wise football fan, I know Perez is the worst player to ever lace on a pair of football boots, I know this because he's had a below par first few games with the club, therefore he needs selling immediately. Just getting in there before the other comments come flying in. 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Has anyone worked out what made us spunk £30,000,000 on this bloke yet? 

Games sort of seem to pass him by. 

All the Newcastle fans I know have said the same thing. 

First proper signing from Brendon and Congerton, both have a history of being s*** in the transfer market 

• Like 1

Still don’t see what he offers over Albrighton so far. Hopefully he comes good with more games, as people are saying 

• Like 1

I don’t actually think he’s a bad player. However , £30,00,000?!? .... did we sign the wrong player? 

• Like 2

Just now, Sly said:

I don’t actually think he’s a bad player. However , £30,00,000?!? .... did we sign the wrong player? 

i agree with you tbh, hes a decent player but he isnt worth £30mil,

his performances so far have been pretty mediocre 

• Like 1

Seems to be lacking confidence.... which seems strange as he didn’t last season. He certainly doesn’t deserve to start again, he’s been poor again today.