urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

When we went to war in Iraq, I was a similar age to Caglar and I thought it was the right thing to do and would have been very supportive of our troops actions over there but obviously with hindsight it was a terrible decision that cost over a million lives and directly led to rise of ISIS.

It's easy to get swept away with things like that. Especially when your countrymen are rightly or wrongly fighting bravely and dying. So I don't blame him or care even 1%. more interested in hearing about what a good game he had against the world's best side.

It's scary that Blair is still at large... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's scary that Blair is still at large... 

add Bush, Cheney, Rice and a list of names that seems to run forever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

To be honest I come to the football to get away from politics and sh*t like that so unless he's said we should deep fry babies alive, I'm not bothered. 

Don't worry, he's not Scottish. He's far too good at football.

Big test for Soyuncu tomorrow, two physical strikers who will be trying to expose our lack of height in the team. Ashley Barnes is one of the worst for getting involved in standard tussles and making a meal of it and constantly complaining to the ref, to be fair he's also highly effective at this level as is Chris Wood.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Big test for Soyuncu tomorrow, two physical strikers who will be trying to expose our lack of height in the team. Ashley Barnes is one of the worst for getting involved in standard tussles and making a meal of it and constantly complaining to the ref, to be fair he's also highly effective at this level as is Chris Wood.

I think Barnes is a doubt thankfully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I think Barnes is a doubt thankfully.

Yes, just read that. Hope so, he's a horrible player to defend against.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Barnes has been a bit shit recently, wood looks class though and I reckon he'll be up for us

He's not been shit, he's been asked by Dyche to play a different role and it shows in his playstyle. Ben getting less goals but being more of a supporting player for Wood. I honestly think Barnes is their second or third best player. If he's out its good news for us.

They are all at it now, some Turkish has been recons Soyuncu will be off.

Galatasaray legend, and one of the best defenders ever to play for the Turkish national team, Bulent Korkmaz, has spoken to about Leicester City’s Caglar Soyuncu and praised his performances.

Korkmaz said the comparison between him and Caglar isn’t even a debate, as he believes the Leicester City man has already surpassed him: “People are comparing me and Caglar but I have to say he is already a much better player than me. He is more talented, and he is playing in a better league. “I think he will leave Leicester to join an even bigger club in the Premier League”. Must be off then:crylaugh:

12 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

They are all at it now, some Turkish has been recons Soyuncu will be off.

Galatasaray legend, and one of the best defenders ever to play for the Turkish national team, Bulent Korkmaz, has spoken to about Leicester City’s Caglar Soyuncu and praised his performances.

Korkmaz said the comparison between him and Caglar isn’t even a debate, as he believes the Leicester City man has already surpassed him: “People are comparing me and Caglar but I have to say he is already a much better player than me. He is more talented, and he is playing in a better league. “I think he will leave Leicester to join an even bigger club in the Premier League”. Must be off then:crylaugh:

Wouldn't be surprised tbh. Be very surprised if he doesn't move to one of the big boys eventually.

On 18/10/2019 at 17:49, Goober said:

Wouldn't be surprised tbh. Be very surprised if he doesn't move to one of the big boys eventually.

Off to Manure for 100m to replace Maguire. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Off to Manure for 100m to replace Maguire. 

Really is far too good for them in the state they're in right now, much better sides will be in for him

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Really is far too good for them in the state they're in right now, much better sides will be in for him

Klopp was singing his praises after we played them the other week, i wouldn`t be at all surprised if Liverpool come in for him in the summer, and he was already linked with a January move to Man City ,a few weeks back, although probably just paper talk, because of their lack of centre half options at the moment.

6 hours ago, Paddy. said:

How can you not love Cags? What a boy :wub:

I could live without the group salutes to fascist leaders after a match, but there's a lot of peer pressure on that one.

I do think Cags  has some weaknesses. He was bullied a bit by Wood and really elite players often use his aggreasive defending style to spin him around and run past him. He is alone prone to a rash challenge BUT he is so good at such a tender age. I am really looking forward to watching him develop here. He has all the building blocks to become a top, top defender. 

55 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I don’t know how Maguire was getting in ahead of Calgar - this lad is absolutely mustard and probably the best centre half to watch I can remember ahead of bomb scare Bamber.

There are a number of other rather baffling selection choices over the last few seasons, such as how Albrington is not playing now, why Chiwell gets in ahead of Fuchs ...

It seems at this club, we pay a bit more attention to hype outside the club.  For example, whilst on FT people are discussing Chilwell’s lack of form this season, in media articles every writer has been signing praises about him as he is the next 100m player. Perhaps it is just out commercial department playing games with the media, just like with Maguire.

44 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I do think Cags  has some weaknesses. He was bullied a bit by Wood and really elite players often use his aggreasive defending style to spin him around and run past him. He is alone prone to a rash challenge BUT he is so good at such a tender age. I am really looking forward to watching him develop here. He has all the building blocks to become a top, top defender. 

Agree. Unfortunately, he could be one or two inch taller.

Like others have said he struggled against Wood. Fortunately for Cags modern football seems to moving away from the massive target man and only a few teams with limited squads tend to adopt this style. For most teams we play against at this level, he will be very competent.

• Like 1