urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not a coincidence our best run of form this season is with him in the side for me.

Hes looked shaky at times but we muss his physicality and pace when he's not there. Looking forward to having him back.

Soyuncu had often been the weak link in a back 3 but since his return from injury I thought in any position he has been superb bar that Slavia Prague home game and Arsenal we were all hideous. 

His performance vs Man Utd in the cup given our restricted options and formations we can play was so important and I'm pinning all my hopes on his return bringing that balance between defensive solidarity and then being quick enough on the ball to get in to space and open teams up.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu had often been the weak link in a back 3 but since his return from injury I thought in any position he has been superb bar that Slavia Prague home game and Arsenal we were all hideous. 

His performance vs Man Utd in the cup given our restricted options and formations we can play was so important and I'm pinning all my hopes on his return bringing that balance between defensive solidarity and then being quick enough on the ball to get in to space and open teams up.

I don't think it helps that Fofana has to play on the left when Soyuncu is unavailable ether!

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Looks like Under to me but I'll take your word for it 

:ph34r:

Under posted on his Instagram story yesterday a walk that definitely looked like rural Leicestershire, so you'd assume they both must be back.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It would be nice if Ünder could be available too, still think due to desperation he could get a chance and if he takes it then who knows? 

Unfortunately for Under I think if he was the only fit senior player available, Rodgers would still find a way for him not to play.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think it helps that Fofana has to play on the left when Soyuncu is unavailable ether!

I can't think of a player we've had that looks so brilliant on one side but so poor on the other.

Going forward i'd sooner play Fuchs as the left hand side centre half so Fofana can play on the right if Soyuncu isn't fit.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I can't think of a player we've had that looks so brilliant on one side but so poor on the other.

Going forward i'd sooner play Fuchs as the left hand side centre half so Fofana can play on the right if Soyuncu isn't fit.

This!

36 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Under posted on his Instagram story yesterday a walk that definitely looked like rural Leicestershire, so you'd assume they both must be back.

I've heard that couple of times maybe somewhere in this forum that Under went back to Turkey too. Was that confirmed? I don't think he ever got back to Turkey during the international break given he wasn't selected due to his injury. But, Cags' post indeed says "I missed him" with Under sitting across him makes me think Under has been in England recovering from injury all along and Cags has just flown back to Leicester to reunite with him.

2 minutes ago, Yg41 said:

I've heard that couple of times maybe somewhere in this forum that Under went back to Turkey too. Was that confirmed? I don't think he ever got back to Turkey during the international break given he wasn't selected due to his injury. But, Cags' post indeed says "I missed him" with Under sitting across him makes me think Under has been in England recovering from injury all along and Cags has just flown back to Leicester to reunite with him.

Can’t imagine we would let him go off to Turkey just to recover from a short term injury surely?

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can’t imagine we would let him go off to Turkey just to recover from a short term injury surely?

I agree. That would be too risky especially if he doesn't have to be there to play. But I think it may have been a rumor that I heard on Radio Leicester from Ian Stringer. I feel like he may have mentioned it as a rumor but I don't think Brendan ever confirmed that at any point as it sounds like he doesn't even wanna talk about/give update on Under at all in pressers. 

1 hour ago, Yg41 said:

I don't think Under went to Turkey. While with the national team, Cags posted a picture of himself posing with a life sized poster of Under with a similar sentiment. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I never think it's ideal to disrupt two players due to one being unavailable. 

Just make a straight swap for Soyuncu.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A fine specimen of a man

So great to have him back. 

we probably need to take a couple of stone off of his official weight to compensate for his head, bless him..

Brilliant player.   Class act.

Optimistic view:  he's not a guaranteed starter unless we play three centre backs.

Thinking about Sunday, part of me returns to 19i2, Villa Park, and memory misery echo blasts at me.  I hope we turn up on Sunday, can put 11 of our best players out and play the way we know we can.