Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Two DM's worked against them last year, Choudhury especially is perfect for games like this.

 

Maddison on the wing though :thumbdown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone considered that a minor hip injury might be why Chilwell was out of sorts last week? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool looked under par yesterday.  Southampton took it to them for the majority of the match.

 

Let's hope Chelsea are showing similar effects from Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vacamion said:

Has anyone considered that a minor hip injury might be why Chilwell was out of sorts last week? 

He was injured during preseason too wasn’t he? Maybe all connected and he’s struggled to shake it off. Fuchs is a more than capable replacement anyway - so pleased he stayed on for the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Has anyone considered that a minor hip injury might be why Chilwell was out of sorts last week? 

Nah he was dropped for his discraseful performanze last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Gray in the squad again, looks like his time here could be numbered. 

 

Regarding a defensive outlook - didn’t we play Mendy, Ndidi and Choudhury here last season and still won? If anything this is more attacking as it’s one CDM less.

 

Last Sunday we controlled the game against Wolves. It might be boring but I reckon Rodgers would happily take a 0-0 today. I expect we will be trying to nullify Chelsea and hit them on the break, a tactic that has worked pretty decently for the Foxes since returning to the Premier League. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 DM... Not really surprising and Chilly must be injured. Fuchs end product in the last third is better than Chilwell's anyway but defensively, him+Maddison against Pedro and Emerson? I don't know...

 

Rodgers is taking no risk and I can understand it, but we certainly lack width and pace on the wings (bar Ricardo).

 

Edit: No Silva, Ghezzal and Gray again. I guess we know who's deemed surplus to requirements.

Edited by That_Dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Chilly stopped doing so much  running  in the last 20 minutes or so against Wolves, figured it was tiredness but maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Fuchs gets the same amount of help Chilwell got on that side last Sunday he could be in for a long afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StriderHiryu said:

No Gray in the squad again, looks like his time here could be numbered. 

 

Regarding a defensive outlook - didn’t we play Mendy, Ndidi and Choudhury here last season and still won? If anything this is more attacking as it’s one CDM less.

 

Last Sunday we controlled the game against Wolves. It might be boring but I reckon Rodgers would happily take a 0-0 today. I expect we will be trying to nullify Chelsea and hit them on the break, a tactic that has worked pretty decently for the Foxes since returning to the Premier League. 

 Can't see a 0-0 with their centreback pairing. We should have a goal or two today. That said, they could also score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah he was dropped for his discraseful performanze last week. 

Disgraceful spelling mate... lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Choudhury and Ndidi capable of pushing the ball forward or do they only perform Defensive Midfield duties?

It's a good formation for this game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah he was dropped for his discraseful performanze last week. 

Not as disgraceful as your spelling.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

 

Stupid bastard. He was bound to hurt his hip cleaning Maddison’s lav. :dry:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...