Sign in to follow this  
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

I hope Brent isn’t playing Maddison on the wing? Maybe it’s just Sky making a pig’s ear of the lineup.

Anyone who doesn't like the defensive approach. We're away at Chelsea. We'd get throttled if we did anything silly. 

• Like 2

Not quite sure why people are so wound up about what they perceive to be a "negative" or "defensive" set-up.

It's pretty much the same lineup that we fielded against Wolverhampton. Chilwell out injured, so Fuchs the logical replacement.

We've seen last weekend that we do play well, my question is whether we can finally manage to get closer to the opposing goal, and that more often.

Starting attacks from midfield will be key today, including breaking up Chelsea attacks early on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Disgraceful spelling mate... lol

Just emulating the intellect of the people who wanted to sell him based on one sub par performance last week...

2 minutes ago, McGuire said:

Not as disgraceful as your spelling.

*you’re. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

2 DM... Not really surprising and Chilly must be injured. Fuchs end product in the last third is better than Chilwell's anyway but defensively, him+Maddison against Pedro and Emerson? I don't know...

Rodgers is taking no risk and I can understand it, but we certainly lack width and pace on the wings (bar Ricardo).

Edit: No Silva, Ghezzal and Gray again. I guess we know who's deemed surplus to requirements.

Emerson doesn’t play on the right. 

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Mount, Pedro, Pulisic and Giroud. This could turn out to be offense vs defense, unless we can control the pace. Good luck lads!

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Mount, Pedro, Pulisic and Giroud. This could turn out to be offense vs defense, unless we can control the pace. Good luck lads!

That Chelsea forward four doesn't scare me at all. 

FT posters in not liking team lineup shocker.

City to win 0-6

Perez 5, Choudhury 1.

• Like 1

Just now, Gerard said:

Pulisic, Giroud and Pedro were all excellent on wednesday 

Mike Dean on VAR! Wonder what sort of mess he will make of that 

CMoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PINKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just now, Gerard said:

Without Hazard, it doesn't seem quite so scary.

I am worried about Giroud though - our CB's aren't quite as physical as we're used to.

I think Chelsea will have lots of the ball, we’ll counter with Vardy and get a 1-1 draw.

Chelsea’s defence really poor. We’re going to miss Slabhead big time today though.

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not quite sure why people are so wound up about what they perceive to be a "negative" or "defensive" set-up.

It's pretty much the same lineup that we fielded against Wolverhampton. Chilwell out injured, so Fuchs the logical replacement.

We've seen last weekend that we do play well, my question is whether we can finally manage to get closer to the opposing goal, and that more often.

Starting attacks from midfield will be key today, including breaking up Chelsea attacks early on.

People have concerns about the lack of width and pace, I think. Chelsea are very fast on the wings and what we lined-up to counter it seems a bit lightweight imo.

Think it could be a diamond. 

Sch 

Per.       Evan.         Souy.       Fuch

Ndid

Tiele.              Chou

Madds

Per.             Var

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is this the first time a ref ain’t made it to a game? 

Not that it matters but who’s the 4th official then 

Edited by jammie82uk

Quite a bit of negativity about the lineup so I'm interested to know what Line Up we should be putting out today, away from home against a Champions League side?

Ok, 2 defensive Midfielders but we 2 attacking full backs, 2 Creative Midfielders and 2 forwards.

The reality is, pressure is on Lampard and Chelsea today to play well and win; so as long as we're disciplined and make ourselves a nuisance when they have the ball, we'll do well. Plenty of dangerous players in our 11 today, when we have the ball.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll stop pretending. :)