Sign in to follow this  
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We have Madders in truth until the summer. Nowadays a talent lasts for circa 2 seasons. Not a lot we can do about it other than enjoy the player whilst hes here and keep the flow of replacements coming through. Man utd will always be a massive draw over Leicester City, fact. Club will probably be drawing up targets now. Keep an eye on Todd Cantwell at Norwich, this lad could easily fit the bill soon.

Not with that haircut. Looks like someone from the Beach Boys.   God only knows.

Danny Simpson in the Mirror online claims Maddison will join Man Utd. 

It obvious that Maddison will have read those comments, doubt if Simpson would have said that if he was still at Leicester. Beginning not like Simpson today

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Danny Simpson in the Mirror online claims Maddison will join Man Utd. 

It obvious that Maddison will have read those comments, doubt if Simpson would have said that if he was still at Leicester. Beginning not like Simpson today

Simmo is a yanited fan but you would expect him to know the in house inter player chat that goes on at our club ......he said he was still on a players WhatsApp group on goals on Sunday 

hopefully there is no basis for his comments 

We can bear selling Maguire. He’s a good defender but dispensable 

We can’t sell Maddison. He’s exceptional imo and you just see how our team and our play would deteriorate if he left

I think he’s the future of both our and England’s ‘creativity’ and to sell him would be to our complete detriment. There are only certain players who can pick a pass like he did for Vardy’s opener against Sheffield.

However, if her wants to leave in the summer I suspect he’ll be another one to move on

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We can bear selling Maguire. He’s a good defender but dispensable 

We can’t sell Maddison. He’s exceptional imo and you just see how our team and our play would deteriorate if he left

I think he’s the future of both our and England’s ‘creativity’ and to sell him would be to our complete detriment. There are only certain players who can pick a pass like he did for Vardy’s opener against Sheffield.

However, if her wants to leave in the summer I suspect he’ll be another one to move on

Sadly, he will be snapped up. However, we have Tielemans and Praet... 

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 22:32, Mehrez said:

Probably safe to say he won’t be switching to FAI lol

Looks a tad like Beckham in his England shirt. (David....not Victoria ;))

He can certainly "Bend it like Beckham". No wonder ManU want him.

Yeah...he must be worth 120m + in today's crazy market..

Edited by ultrafox

One thing I've noticed this season is that he's not afraid to get stuck in to a challenge these days under Rodgers. He's started to put himself about a bit and while his creativity and neat touches/assisting/give & go's with other players are probably his main asset, I think it shouldn't go unnoticed that he's being a bit more physical. In the first minute he was winning the ball back and even right at the end for the 3rd goal he's putting slide tackles in and the ball ends up with Tielemans to lay it on to Vardy and score. Even during the game he was putting challenges in like Ndidi would to get the ball back.

• Like 2

I thought that was his best game for us this season. 

He’s had a few good moments against Chelsea and Sheffield United in particular but I thought he looked good from start to finish today. 

It definitely helps him having Tielemans next to him and vice versa.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2019 at 21:04, Rusko187 said:

What am I missing about Maddison? I find him incredibly frustrating to watch at times.

I hope people appreciate the time it took to dig out this post, because it's humble pie time.

He has vastly come on and one of our best players this season! He could be so much more, be he's impressed me so much recently.

Love listening to his post match interviews as well. One of the few players in our squad that doesn't just spout the generic bollocks each time. 

A season is a long time in football. With a new Contract the right additions to the Team and a cup final appearance. Who knows what will happen.

We could afford to let others go but we need to keep our best players if we are serious about breaking through. Otherwise the big clubs will keep moving ahead and the gulf in class gets bigger.

32 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He'll have two years left on his deal in the summer. We won't get a great fee for him.

I expect he'll Maguire his contract up before that. Cheer up.

He needs an England cap ASAP too... one of those will raise his price by £10M minimum...