Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

5 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Never happen. The press would never allow a small club player a 6 figure move to a big club.Just not allowed, they haven't played after all until they play for a big club.

More like 9 figure. 6 figure would be an absolute bargain for any team nowadays.

Guest An Sionnach

You know given some of the less than talented types playing in C.D. for England , Lewis Dunk supporters must be just as annoyed , he is every bit as good as Maguire but then he plays for Brighton .

28 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You know given some of the less than talented types playing in C.D. for England , Lewis Dunk supporters must be just as annoyed , he is every bit as good as Maguire but then he plays for Brighton .

I personally would prefer none of our players to be involved with the England set up whilst that clown Southgate is in charge, doing the bidding of his out of date media obsessed masters in the FA.

We arent set up to win stuff we are just set up to play the players from the biggest teams to get the highest viewing figures possible, they dont care about football just PR and money making.

i wasn't fully convinced about him when he first joined Leicester. His workrate was still a bit dodgy over the first few months of his time here but his goals and assists were still very respectable.

Now though I can say that I believe he is realising his full potential and he is now ready for the step up. He is now good enough to make the Republic of Ireland team. :cool:

Maddison in the middle gives Leicester greater balance

Brendan Rodgers will be hopeful that James Maddison is fit to face Newcastle United on Sunday. The 22-year-old brings versatility to a Leicester City side sitting in third place with ambitions of finishing in the top six come May.

If he recovers from a knock to the ankle picked up against Tottenham Hotspur last weekend, where he plays will be a clear sign of how Rodgers plans to beat the Magpies. Whenever the manager pairs him alongside Youri Tielemans in front of Wilfred Ndidi, it indicates they will adopt an assertive and forward-thinking approach. In playing closer to Jamie Vardy, Maddison helped inspire wins over AFC Bournemouth and Spurs in Leicester's last two home matches.

Statistically, the Foxes are far more dangerous in the final third with him operating as a central attacking midfielder (CAM) than on the left wing (LW). Their expected goals (xG) metric has been far superior in matches Maddison started in the middle. But despite his influence in this position, it has not been Rodgers’ go-to approach in the opening weeks of the season.

Madd1.JPG.7d2317092a4b90a7ba398c8bb09325db.JPG

In four of Leicester's six matches the Northern Irishman has sacrificed Maddison's flair and adventure in central areas for a slightly more pragmatic style. Rodgers has instead placed extra importance on pressing and tackling in the middle, and so has picked ball-winning midfielder Hamza Choudhury. As a consequence Maddison has been pushed to the left-hand-side of a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Maddison is not a natural winger so Leicester can look a little unbalanced when he is operating on the flank. But one factor behind Rodgers' use of him there is the positional confusion he can cause in that role. The playmaker likes to drift inside to find pockets of space. This in turn frees up extra room for left-back Ben Chilwell to storm forward. And occupying those half-spaces asks questions of full-backs, who sometimes seem unsure about how far to track him.

In many respects Maddison is a manager's dream. He offers Rodgers the option to alter his tactical approach without the need for a substitution. We saw this in a 1-1 draw at Chelsea in Matchweek 2 when the Foxes produced an outstanding second-half performance. Trailing 1-0 at the break, Maddison moved infield to play the second half at the tip of a diamond. It had a huge impact on the match. Chelsea were unable to adjust quickly enough to his new position and he turned the match around by getting into some fabulous positions and setting up  Ndidi's equaliser.

On the back of a 2-1 victory over Spurs, which was decided by Maddison's long-range strike, I anticipate seeing him in a central berth if fit this weekend. It is hard to envisage the need for an extra ball-winner in the middle of the park against a Newcastle side lying in 17th place with five points. In a free box-to-box role the Premier League's most prolific midfield shot taker will need to be shackled very closely by the Magpies.

Madd2.JPG.1b3c193a20d2492fac3f2f88505f2526.JPG

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1358454

• Like 2

On 22/09/2019 at 20:36, st albans fox said:

Mufc are a huge club an they pay v big wages .........we can’t afford to do that so need a different model ..... Maddison and his agent will have a plan for his career and staying here for four years to try and get us into Europe won’t feature high in those plans ........ 

Do you think 2 years per club is fair then? I think thats a very short time.  The first year is often a integration and learning phase, we can see already his second season he looks a lot better than the first season.  So two years i basically just one top season with the club.  If good young players only expect to commit two years to a club then it becomes a questionable policy for squad stability.

One of the big reasons the traditional big clubs have more success is once they find good players, they can keep them and have that stability.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Do you think 2 years per club is fair then? I think thats a very short time.  The first year is often a integration and learning phase, we can see already his second season he looks a lot better than the first season.  So two years i basically just one top season with the club.  If good young players only expect to commit two years to a club then it becomes a questionable policy for squad stability.

One of the big reasons the traditional big clubs have more success is once they find good players, they can keep them and have that stability.

I think two years is probably not enough for a player as young as madders and perhaps he will stay another year - there are factors which will dictate that ....

If he's here next season I'll be amazed. In fact if we're looking a genuine threat then we could lose more than one price asset in the summer.

Ricardo isn't getting in the national team any more.

Man city need a centre back. And Chilwell has done his stint here. 

I'm not saying they'll all go but we've most likely got only this season with this team...

Unless we get top 4. 

If we dont get top 4 i can see Maddison, Chilwell, Ndiddi, Soyuncu and Ricardo all leaving.

And before anyone starts no the club dont want to sell them (duh), they will force moves.

Edited by m4DD0gg
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he's here next season I'll be amazed. In fact if we're looking a genuine threat then we could lose more than one price asset in the summer.

Ricardo isn't getting in the national team any more.

Man city need a centre back. And Chilwell has done his stint here. 

I'm not saying they'll all go but we've most likely got only this season with this team...

Unless we get top 4. 

53 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

If we dont get top 4 i can see Maddison, Chilwell, Ndiddi, Soyuncu and Ricardo all leaving.

And before anyone starts no the club dont want to sell them (duh), they will force moves.

They’re all under contract - the club  would only sanction one big leaver and only then if a very inflated valuation was met ..... if we ended up mid table then you would have to wonder how well these players will have performed. suspect they only stay ‘flavour of the month’ if we do the same as a team .......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They’re all under contract - the club  would only sanction one big leaver and only then if a very inflated valuation was met ..... if we ended up mid table then you would have to wonder how well these players will have performed. suspect they only stay ‘flavour of the month’ if we do the same as a team .......

Lol contracts mean jack shit in football terms. If the players want a move then they will go. 

Everyone in that position the last couple of years has moved on. 

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Lol contracts mean jack shit in football terms. If the players want a move then they will go. 

Everyone in that position the last couple of years has moved on. 

Missing the point a bit - unless the club are supremely confident that they have a replacement which means the overall team performance can be protected, they won’t let more than one big player go. I expect it will be madders next summer but he and the other guys will be told that the club won’t allow itself to be weakened by departures. .

Remember the new training complex comes into play which will help 

Look at the recruitment and this provides an indication of expected outgoings.

Maguire could leave, we had contingencies in Soyuncu and Benkovic, But was always going to be a huge bid if he went.

Ricardo  - in progress with Justin

Chilwell - no, so stupid bid required

Maddison - no, so obscene bid required.

• Like 1